The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

The point I'm making is that she has had promo for all of 2013. People were waiting for the project and wondering what was going on because she hadn't released it yet. Her fans, the causal fans, those expecting a new project, etc.

Also, performing new music in concert, those teases are signifying to your fans and the world that a new project is on the horizon. The new music in the commercials (which were on heavy rotation), and again the Superbowl/inauguration, etc. The promotion was there, she just had to take advantage of it. BTW, though Bow Down, Grown Woman, and Standing In The Sun weren't officially released, they circulated heavily via social media.

What she should be given credit for is the way she took advantage of all of the promo she's had in 2013. It was smart and the hype surrounding it incited a frenzy. She took a risk and it paid off. I don't think she would have gotten the same results without releasing it the way that she did.

So yes, she should be given credit for a brilliant business move. However, the "No single. No Promo." BS and/or acting as if she was gone for decades prior to the release, dropped it, and now sits atop iTunes.... that just isn't accurate.

No one is acting like she's been gone for decades so that point is mute. There was no single. Grown Woman only made it as a video. Only half of Bow Down made it. Standing In The Sun isn't on there. You skipped over the Fallon and co part. A case can be made but it's not typical promotion like I said. Re-read my paragraphs because I'm not doing a back and forth with you as you will stay repeating your same points as if they're the Gospel.

You're right about one thing though - she is sitting atop.

Target isn't selling the CD because they don't like that it was available on iTunes before physical. They said, "At Target we focus on offering our guests a wide assortment of physical CDs, and when a new album is available digitally before it is available physically, it impacts demand and sales projections,”. Ironic considering Target always has the exclusives - you never see any of the other retailers throw their toys out the pram.

translation:

Beyonce didn't give us the exclusive so we won't be selling the cd.

We don't give a shit what is happening to the music industry and support the declining sales of physical cd's by not selling the biggest cd at the moment.

• Upvote 1

No one is acting like she's been gone for decades so that point is mute. There was no single. Grown Woman only made it as a video. Only half of Bow Down made it. Standing In The Sun isn't on there. You skipped over the Fallon and co part. A case can be made but it's not typical promotion like I said. Re-read my paragraphs because I'm not doing a back and forth with you as you will stay repeating your same points as if they're the Gospel.

You're right about one thing though - she is sitting atop.

There was promotion. There were singles. She put it out in a unconventional way. That hype propelled the album.

Simple as that, and if you didn't get what I said or what I meant, perhaps it is you that needs to go back and re-read.

There was promotion. There were singles. She put it out in a unconventional way. That hype propelled the album.

Simple as that, and if you didn't get what I said or what I meant, perhaps it is you that needs to go back and re-read.

No you re-read

We won't agree but it's cool. I gots my Bey fix so I'm happy

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29075-1386918982-35.gif

What does any of that have to do with what I posted? No ones acting like anything. How am I acting like she disappeared for two years when I stated she had the best selling R&B album of 2012, she headlined the Super Bowl and won a Grammy this year?

Y'all are trying to reach for everything to discredit her. She punched everyone's expectations out the game. PERIOD.

Yes people knew she was making an album. That's what she does. It's her career. That's generally what happens. Singers make albums. (DUH!) Beyoncé herself hasn't uttered the word album until Friday this year. Everyone was asking and anticipating, SHE, however never said a word.

You claim you give her credit for releasing the album while spending the bulk of your response trying to discredit it. Flawed Logic.

Back up and lay off the stan crack..

I was trying to explain to you that everything she did starting with the SB to the tour was promotion for the album.. I gave the chick credit for what she did as far as the release of the album...

And all her fans on Twitter and every other blog are acting like she just pulled this shit out of her ass knowing damn well they know it was coming..

And this is more proof that hype sells records more than the music itself.. The real test is a couple months from now..

• Upvote 2

Anyway.

My favourites are Pretty Hurts, Ghost/Haunted, Drunk In Love, Blow, Yonce/Partition, Mine, ***Flawless, Heaven.

Rocket, No Angel, Blue and XO are cute. I can imagine Prince singing No Angel tbh (and smashing it).

I'm not keen on Jealous or Superpower tbh.

I love the transitions from the songs tbh. It's like interludes without specifically stating an interlude. Very Janet inspired in that sense (don't start).

Bu do you have splinters from landing on that bandwagon so hard :rolleyes:

What bandwagon? I've never hidden my love for Beyonce on here :umm:. Unlike the new Gaga and Miley fans.

translation:

Beyonce didn't give us the exclusive so we won't be selling the cd.

We don't give a shit what is happening to the music industry and support the declining sales of physical cd's by not selling the biggest cd at the moment.

I can't even be mad at Target cause they usually do the "exclusive" shit.. so for them not to be apart of it? They like ...bye lol

Yall are a mess.. :asham:

Apparently, this has been going on since October on how they were going to release this album. At the end of the day, Columbia didn't want her shit to leak like 4, so they pulled this number.

Anyone below Beyonce's stature wouldn't have been able to pull this off..a complete album and videos to go with the album..If you wanted to hear her new music you would have to buy it. Plain and simple.

This was planned out and it worked in Beyonce's and her teams favor. Not to mention it's the holiday season which is gonna help bolster sales.

Great marketing..I wonder how it's gonna pan out after all the hype is over.

• Upvote 1

She pulled it. From the marketing perspective to conceptualization of a visual album, this was well executed. All new music. All new music videos. No promo.

The bitch released an album on the strength of her name. It's almost at one million copies sold in less than a week.

I'm inspired.

• Upvote 1

You also have she considers how she outsmarted the pirates. There were no leaks to worry about so that really helped sales of the album. I have to give Beyonce credit for that.

That's not outsmarting them..

Either way it ended up online and either way, we... I mean... they downloaded it

The only thing I give her is the fact that the album didn't leak..

I was trying to explain to you that everything she did starting with the SB to the tour was promotion for the album.. I gave the chick credit for what she did as far as the release of the album...

And all her fans on Twitter and every other blog are acting like she just pulled this shit out of her ass knowing damn well they know it was coming..

And this is more proof that hype sells records more than the music itself.. The real test is a couple months from now..

This release doesn't need months

It's selling now, will sell shit loads next week and will then probably sink and start selling regular numbers

The main thing is, today tickets went on sale for her tour and it was hard to get them

This morning In Belgium she grossed almost 3M Euro (US$3.900.000) in less then 15 minutes

No one cares what happens to the album in 2014

This post is so idiotic.

The Superbowl was promo for "4" and the corroborating tour that followed, hence why she performed songs from "4" at the Superbowl. There was no indication that an album was coming at any time because who releases an album while on tour? You didn't know an album was coming because you weren't in here trolling like you always do whenever Beyoncé or Mariah release an album or performs. The fans didn't know. The world didn't know. There was no formal statement given by Beyoncé or anyone on her team stating that an album was coming. There was nothing besides miscellaneous pix of her shooting videos and spats about her whereabouts which could have been for anything.

Just accept that she surprised the world with an album and she's broke and set records.

• Upvote 1

This post is so idiotic.

The Superbowl was promo for "4" and the corroborating tour that followed, hence why she performed songs from "4" at the Superbowl. There was no indication that an album was coming at any time because who releases an album while on tour? You didn't know an album was coming because you weren't in here trolling like you always do whenever Beyoncé or Mariah release an album or performs. The fans didn't know. The world didn't know. There was no formal statement given by Beyoncé or anyone on her team stating that an album was coming. There was nothing besides miscellaneous pix of her shooting videos and spats about her whereabouts which could have been for anything.

Just accept that she surprised the world with an album and she's broke and set records.

The 2013 Superbowl happened TWO years after "4".. That's like saying Janet's 2004 Superbowl performance was AFY promo :lmao:

4 died in 2012..

• Upvote 1

I think in regards to her doing no promo is the fact that she didn't release a single, do talk show rounds to promote the single, album, etc. At least Kanye gave us a release date and an SNL performance for his album. Beyonce did ZERO promo for her new album. She didn't promote a single, perform it, or anything. That's why we say she dropped this album with no promo. The Superbowl, docu, etc would count as promo IF she performed something from the new album or even hinted at a new album but she didn't so...