THROW BACK JAM OF THE DAY 5/26/11

SloLove

One of my all-time faves. :wub:

I remember hearing this for the first time. I used to live for every Sunday afternoon when I'd get to listen to Rick Dees and his weekly Top 40 and I was mesmerized by this track from the second it started. Fantastic choreography too.

I used to tune in to his countdown every week as well. :excited: Those were the days...

Yes they were! Great memories! :wub:

I used to hand-write the chart as it went along, then take it to school the next day so my friend and I could discuss it. :lmao:

Absolutely. :wub: I used to have my blank cassettes ("Huh? A cass... What?") ready to record songs. :lol: It was so much fun to do that, especially when the tape would fill up and then I'd write out the track-list.

:asham:

I swear sometimes we share the one mind. I used to make graffiti covers for some of mine. :lmao:

:blush:

How creative. I usually would just draw something or paste a picture I lifted out of one of my mum's magazines. :lmao:

Oooh, I never did that! I wish I had. :lol: I also remember some of my blank tapes didn't have the blank sticker to write on so I had to apply white-out before I labelled them. :asham: OMG, that takes me back. :lol:

I used to use masking tape when they wouldn't include the sticker. :lol: Good old, white-out. One's pencil case was never complete without a bottle. :lmao:

One of my favorite songs from her :wub:

One of my all-time faves. :wub:

I remember hearing this for the first time. I used to live for every Sunday afternoon when I'd get to listen to Rick Dees and his weekly Top 40 and I was mesmerized by this track from the second it started. Fantastic choreography too.

OMG! I use to LOVE that show! :excited:

Absolutely. :wub: I used to have my blank cassettes ("Huh? A cass... What?") ready to record songs. :lol: It was so much fun to do that, especially when the tape would fill up and then I'd write out the track-list.

:asham:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One of my favorite songs from her :wub:

OMG! I use to LOVE that show! :excited:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:blush:

Best countdown, ever.

Clever. :lol: Can you imagine putting up with cassette-quality audio these days? :umm:

Lawd, no. :lol: I'm so glad we've moved on to better technology.

No, it was very close though.

I remember listening to it during Janet's 20 Y.O. era and he played both "Call On Me" and "So Excited". It was shocking since I heard only "So Excited" twice on the radio outside the Hip Hop stations, the first time when it was just released and the second time when I called the radio station to request it by lying and saying it was my birthday -_-

I remember listening to it during Janet's 20 Y.O. era and he played both "Call On Me" and "So Excited". It was shocking since I heard only "So Excited" twice on the radio outside the Hip Hop stations, the first time when it was just released and the second time when I called the radio station to request it by lying and saying it was my birthday -_-

:lmao::lmao:

Yes!! :lol: