ARE ARTISTS TRULY "ARTIST"???

janetDAYZ

I've never had a DIRECT problem with Rihanna (like most do on this forum). Only because I understand that every artist has their own lane so I dont expect certain things from certain artists. I think maybe why so many have a problem with Rihanna is because -YES her voice is sooo unique and different sounding..its hard for ppl to adjust to what they're not use to. I DO think Rihanna can sing as oppose to a Ciara(but then again Ciara has her own lane tho like everyone else) but Rihanna's singing could use a lil room for improvement. All she has to do it get more training and she will get respected like what you said but what DOES concern me with Rihanna (and alot of questionable singers) is what she does vocally....is it impressive to herself? Is she truly satisfied with her vocal on performanc when she looks at the play-backs? Do they even look at playbacks? And if she DOES think its good..thats the scary part because you are suppose to be ur own worst critic and not sit in the "content seat" because you simply getting made millions. Perfect your craft..you have a legacy to bulid.Ppl will not remember how much wealth u had....but what you contributed to the world through art.

well my issue has never been the tone of Rihanna's vioce since my ass is from Belize...her accent is normal as hell to me...my issue with her is that she does not sing her songs very well...she can carry a note if she tries, but her ass doesn't seem to try...i'm not even going there with her a performing cuz lawd hammercy...it's not the fact that she can't dance, she just does not have good stage presence...her performance and her songs don't match...she has all these uptempo songs (which I have no problem listening to on my ipod) but her movement is boring as fuck on stage...the shit doesn't match...I do beleive she has potential to be better (i've seen a lot worse from her than I saw last night) but the time is simply not being invested to make her better

beyonce-shock938.gif

True...I'm not saying he's wrong though because I agree with him. Well the first part.

:rolleyes::lol:

Like it has been said in this thread, art is definitely subjective to the perception of the person. However, there is a difference between what's crap and what's quality. Art aint that damn subjective. :coffee:

:rolleyes::lol:

Like it has been said in this thread, art is definitely subjective to the perception of the person. However, there is a difference between what's crap and what's quality. Art aint that damn subjective. :coffee:

TRUTH! it is subjective, but good is still good and bad is still fuckin bad...some of this shit being released is just fuckin bad...ain't that much subjectivity is the world chile...

TRUTH! it is subjective, but good is still good and bad is still fuckin bad...some of this shit being released is just fuckin bad...ain't that much subjectivity is the world chile...

I'm not here for ppl using excuses to justify lack of quality. :coffee:

*ends phone convo so I won't miss anything*

Ghettobaby24.jpg

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Oh me, oh my. I already know someone's going to be flustered by this:

well my issue has never been the tone of Rihanna's vioce since my ass is from Belize...her accent is normal as hell to me...my issue with her is that she does not sing her songs very well...she can carry a note if she tries, but her ass doesn't seem to try...i'm not even going there with her a performing cuz lawd hammercy...it's not the fact that she can't dance, she just does not have good stage presence...her performance and her songs don't match...she has all these uptempo songs (which I have no problem listening to on my ipod) but her movement is boring as fuck on stage...the shit doesn't match...I do beleive she has potential to be better (i've seen a lot worse from her than I saw last night) but the time is simply not being invested to make her better

I've never had a DIRECT problem with Rihanna (like most do on this forum). Only because I understand that every artist has their own lane so I dont expect certain things from certain artists. I think maybe why so many have a problem with Rihanna is because -YES her voice is sooo unique and different sounding..its hard for ppl to adjust to what they're not use to. I DO think Rihanna can sing as oppose to a Ciara(but then again Ciara has her own lane tho like everyone else) but Rihanna's singing could use a lil room for improvement. All she has to do it get more training and she will get respected like what you said but what DOES concern me with Rihanna (and alot of questionable singers) is what she does vocally....is it impressive to herself? Is she truly satisfied with her vocal on performanc when she looks at the play-backs? Do they even look at playbacks? And if she DOES think its good..thats the scary part because you are suppose to be ur own worst critic and not sit in the "content seat" because you simply getting made millions. Perfect your craft..you have a legacy to bulid.Ppl will not remember how much wealth u had....but what you contributed to the world through art.

Most artists need improvements. That usually comes with building a career. Rihanna improved last night with her performance. It wasn't great, but it was a step up. I'm subjective when it comes to art. With music, it's definitely subjective. I love who I love and if you don't like it, then tough shit. I'm not gonna dog out who you like constantly, because I don't feel a need to expend that type of energy. I'll throw shade though..hee20hee-vi.gif But seriously, if you don't a music artist, then that's that. It's nothing I can do to persuade you to like someone. And it's damn sho ain't nothing you can do to persuade me to like someone. So, meh. :coffee:

So you're gonna jump in too?!!?!?!?!

:jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry:

I refuse to contribute to the bullshitification of the music industry...if what you are producing is horrible, then that is what the fuck I will call it...if your album is ass, i'll call it ass...if your performance is a hot House of Dereon mess, that is what I will call it...I will break a bitches selfesteem all the way down if I feel it is necessary honey lol

Yeah good point. I thought for example Ke$ha's performance was the best out of Rihanna's hers and Katy's and she had the least setup, she had the funky helmet on in the beginning but it was mainly her and her dancers, she sounded good and it was a good performance. The others really relied on the set and props and stuff to distract that not much else was going on. And Katy, a choir full of children can't cover up your shitty voice -_-

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The reason why Gaga and Beyonce are ahead of the pack is because they are talented artists with a vision for their legacy. They constantly work to improve their craft and live performances. Look at where Beyonce was when she first came out in Destiny's Child and look at her now. Then look at some of these artists now who still sound just as off key and inexperienced as they did when they first came out. I agree that labels, the artists, and the consumers are all working together to perpetuate this decline in "professionalism" or "artistry." There's a lack of artist development. Labels look for the "it" girls of the moment, give them some hits, and keep it moving. The industry seems to be moving more and more into the hit of the moment, partly due to the rise of Itunes and the internet, where albums become less and less valuable to the label. Since the youth aren't buying albums like they used to (and the mainstream industry is mainly a youth market)there's a focus on the next big hit. Talent is slowly being thrown out the window. -_-

I refuse to contribute to the bullshitification of the music industry...if what you are producing is horrible, then that is what the fuck I will call it...if your album is ass, i'll call it ass...if your performance is a hot House of Dereon mess, that is what I will call it...I will break a bitches selfesteem all the way down if I feel it is necessary honey lol

Stop! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: