E. Lynn Harris: Tracey Edmonds to Produce Film Version of 'Invisible Life'

SloLove

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/tracey-edmonds-produce-film-version-e-lynn-harris-invisible-life

Those of you missing the work of the late novelist E. Lynn Harris have another way to connect with him. Tracey Edmonds of Edmonds Entertainment and Proteus Spann of Proteus E2 productions have structured a multi-picture deal to develop the extensive library of novels by New York Times best selling author E. Lynn Harris into feature films.

The first production in this over all creative development deal will be E. Lynn Harris’s blockbuster first novel, 'Invisible Life,' which will be jointly produced by Edmonds Entertainment and Proteus E2 productions with Shelia Ducksworth, Glendon Palmer and Javon Johnson as co-producers. Screenwriter Ted Witcher (“Love Jones”) has been brought on to adapt the novel for the motion picture screen.

E. Lynn Harris passed away two years ago, but had already brokered this deal before his untimely death. Shortly after closing the deal over dinner in Hollywood, Harris died from a heart attack in his hotel room. Harris authored ten consecutive New York Times Bestseller books and 'Invisible Life' sold over one million copies and is still in print fifteen years after publication. Harris' novels were wildly popular for bringing issues like "down-low" behavior to the forefront and engaging discussions about sexuality through his work and in his life.

Edmonds says about Harris, “E. Lynn Harris entrusted Proteus and myself with his dream of seeing his books translated into film. After his tragic passing, we are even more determined to see his dream become a reality. With his first blockbuster novel, 'Invisible Life,' we begin the journey that millions of his fans have travelled.”

Spann adds, “My dear friend E. Lynn was a man with an unshakeable spirit and an unbreakable passion to inspire and change lives. He entrusted with me his vision and the responsibility to produce this American coming of age love story accurately through the lens of sensitivity in which it was originally created. This project is a must for his millions of fans. Because if we were all honest, we would acknowledge, that we all live a portion of our lives 'invisible.'”

I JUST KNEW I WAS BASIL...LOL

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/tracey-edmonds-produce-film-version-e-lynn-harris-invisible-life

Those of you missing the work of the late novelist E. Lynn Harris have another way to connect with him. Tracey Edmonds of Edmonds Entertainment and Proteus Spann of Proteus E2 productions have structured a multi-picture deal to develop the extensive library of novels by New York Times best selling author E. Lynn Harris into feature films.

The first production in this over all creative development deal will be E. Lynn Harris’s blockbuster first novel, 'Invisible Life,' which will be jointly produced by Edmonds Entertainment and Proteus E2 productions with Shelia Ducksworth, Glendon Palmer and Javon Johnson as co-producers. Screenwriter Ted Witcher (“Love Jones”) has been brought on to adapt the novel for the motion picture screen.

E. Lynn Harris passed away two years ago, but had already brokered this deal before his untimely death. Shortly after closing the deal over dinner in Hollywood, Harris died from a heart attack in his hotel room. Harris authored ten consecutive New York Times Bestseller books and 'Invisible Life' sold over one million copies and is still in print fifteen years after publication. Harris' novels were wildly popular for bringing issues like "down-low" behavior to the forefront and engaging discussions about sexuality through his work and in his life.

Edmonds says about Harris, “E. Lynn Harris entrusted Proteus and myself with his dream of seeing his books translated into film. After his tragic passing, we are even more determined to see his dream become a reality. With his first blockbuster novel, 'Invisible Life,' we begin the journey that millions of his fans have travelled.”

Spann adds, “My dear friend E. Lynn was a man with an unshakeable spirit and an unbreakable passion to inspire and change lives. He entrusted with me his vision and the responsibility to produce this American coming of age love story accurately through the lens of sensitivity in which it was originally created. This project is a must for his millions of fans. Because if we were all honest, we would acknowledge, that we all live a portion of our lives 'invisible.'”

I JUST KNEW I WAS BASIL...LOL

Good job Slolove, now take it one step further and tell me where I can audition of the role of Raymond... :filenails:

They need an A-lister and great actor of my caliber to take it to the next level. :shifty::shifty:

Good job Slolove, now take it one step further and tell me where I can audition of the role of Raymond... :filenails:

They need an A-lister and great actor of my caliber to take it to the next level. :shifty::shifty:

I KNOW! THEY BETTER DO THIS BOOK JUSTICE

I take it it wont hit the BIG SCREEN ..more like DVD? :unsure:

Either way ..I'm excited.

but to be honest I wish the movie for the B-Boy Blues didn't come to a hault. That one would have been "IT"!

yassssssssssssssssss! :thumbup:

I'm reading "Hiding in Hip Hop" :thumbup:

His first book was great, but the others were like bad soap operas. Every character was the top "blank" in the nation, with faboulus friends, and connected to A-List stars.

this^

i really enjoyed 'Invisible Life', just hope that they do the book justice.

His first book was great, but the others were like bad soap operas. Every character was the top "blank" in the nation, with faboulus friends, and connected to A-List stars.

Agreed!

I loved most of his books, but they all pale in comparison to invisible life. That book really explored the struggles that a lot of men face with coming to terms with their sexuality. Especially black men. To this day I still feel like that book was his autobiography, with names changed. It was very honest, while his followups seemed very contrived. Even when he wrote about new characters they all seemed to be carbon copies of Raymond and Basil. It says something that his most enduring character is actually Yancy Braxton! :excited:

Now thats a character that deserves her own film. :thumbup:

Archived