5 BEST Artist/Producer combo

LyricalLesson

To me, there are only a handful of Artist/Producer combinations that made BRILLIANT music in the past decade

in regards to pop/r&b music. In my opinion, these are the top 5 absolute best over the past decade:

T5. Nelly Furtado/Danja + Timbaland

I couldn't put one of these combinations over the other. If I was absolutely forced to, I would lean toward

Nelly & Tim, but I'm not going to do that, as both are FANTASTIC pairings. Danja is an out of this world

producer...he is in all actuality responsible for MANY of the productions credited by Timbaland, as they

worked together for many years before he struck out on his own. Together, with Nelly Furtado, they created

the GREATEST POP ALBUM OF 2006, and one of the most influential & superior of the entire decade. Gems such

as "Say It Right", "Maneater", "Showtime", "Wait For You", "Glow", "All Good Things", & "Promiscuous" filled

Nelly's 2006 album "Loose", a 12 track album in which 8 were singles...phenomenal! Both the artist and

producers brought their A+ game. One can only hope they work together again. They created a unique blend of

old & new, smooth & funky, pure & filthy, silly & profound, wild & laid back.

T5. Britney Spears/Danja

What can I say about "BLACKout" other than: PRODUCTION MASTERPIECE?! All of the producers involved in that

project definitely did their thing, especially Bloodshy & Avant. But it was the production of the aforementioned

Danja that makes this list. Danja & Britney are like a hand and a glove, they just fit together perfectly.

The production was on point, but not only that, Britney's vocals (auto-tuned or not) were tailor-made for the

beats. Sometimes strong (Break The Ice), sometimes sassy (Hot As Ice), sexy (Get Naked), smooth (Gimme More)

& sweet (Perfect Lover). Shit, Danja even threw in a beat that reminds me of a MJ track (Get Back...which to

this day I feel should have been the first single, it's a perfect 'I'm baaaaaack' song, but whatever).

With that single album, Britney Spears converted me, I went from a 100% hater to a fan...I just couldn't deny

the masterpiece that it is.

3. Aaliyah/Timbaland

I'm going to try and make this short and sweet, because it just kills me to think about what was, and what could

have been concerning Aaliyah. As a true fan (not one of the ones who faked when word spread that she passed) I

believe this girl would have been light years ahead of the current ladies in the game, her music STILL is, and

"Aaliyah" is almost 10 damn years old. The Aaliyah/Timbaland tandem made this list off the strength of "We Need

A Resolution", "More Than A Woman" & "I Care 4 U"...I'm not even going to break each track down for y'all...the

titles speak for themselves. Aaliyah had a sweet, seductive, sultry, and smooth voice. But she had more than that,

she had STRENGTH, she had the most on point falsetto in recent memory, she had the ILLEST ad-libs! No other song

showcases these qualities off more prominently than "I Care 4 U"...She didn't need a trillion backing singers,

or auto-tune, or off the wall effects & multiple dubbing to put together one of the best ever new-school R&B jams.

That emotional beat in the background, the gut-wrenching vocals...woooo. Adding BIG tunes like "Try Again",

"Are You Feelin' Me" & "Don't Know What To Tell Ya", Aaliyah and Tim wind up at #3. Nuff said.

2. Kelis/Neptunes

It breaks my heart that Kelis and the Neptunes aren't working together anymore. Say what you want about Kelis,

she is a BOSS. She is ridiculously innovative without things coming off as forced. ALL of these damn R&B chicks

copy her. Her style, her hair, her clothes, her music. It's a shame that she does all of the work, and then

people come along, hijack and act like it's brand new. The Kelis/Neptunes combination KILLS. "Kaleidoscope",

"Wanderland", some of "Tasty", some of the most quality music of my lifetime. What made/makes this pairing so

appealing is the fact that Kelis and the Neps march to the beat of their own drum. They came into the game and

MADE people take notice, with their wild futuristic and out-of-this-world beats, matched with Kelis' flashy and

original vocals. Tracks like "Caught Out There", "I Want Your Love", "Mars", "Young, Fresh & New", "Get Even",

"Perfect Day", "Milkshake", "Rolling Thru The Hood", "Glow", "Get Along With You", "Mafia", "Suspended",

"Ghetto Children", "No Turning Back", "In The Morning", "Shooting Stars", "Mr. UFO Man", "Scared Money",

"Popular Thug", "Flashback", "Protect My Heart", & "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" are just on another level. If they

hook back up in the future (PLEASE IF YOU HEAR ME GOD, SEND THIS MESSAGE THEIR WAY!) that number 1

spot could definitely be theirs...

...but they have their work cut out for them, because...

1. Janet Jackson/Jimmy Jam + Terry Lewis

NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THAN JJ, JJ & TL! Non-Janet fans can call me biased if they want, but it's the truth.

There's not a whole lot I can say that hasn't been said before. So all I'm going to say is this:

CHECK THE DISCOGRAPHY.

The End.

Honorable mention:

Amerie/Rich Harrison

Justin Timberlake/Neptunes

Ginuwine/Timbaland

Mariah Carey/Jermaine Dupri

Cassie & Ryan Leslie

Brandy/Darkchild

Justin Timberlake/Timbaland

I like your selections. DEAD on!

Missy and Timbaland are a great duo.

Mariah Carey/JD

YES! :excited:

I definitely agree with your two selections, you beat me to the punch with Mariah/JD

I put them in my Honorable Mention section just as you responded.

I didn't put Missy in there because she does a whole lotta her own production, it's

definitely a team effort there, not so much in her earlier work, but definitely the

bulk of her post year 2000 work.

My personal favorites...

1. Janet / Jimmy Jam / Terry Lewis - Absolutely no question about it. B) Whenever they get together, magic happens.

2. Mariah / Jermaine Dupri / Bryan Michael-Cox - Always loved them together. The most recent "Oh Santa!" is amazing.

3. Missy Elliott / Timbaland - Aaliyah and Ginuwine too, but I'm sticking to one producer each. Missy gets the edge for me.

4. Michael Jackson / Teddy Riley - I actually prefer T.R. to Quincy. :ph34r:

5. Brandy / Rodney Jerkins - Despite their recent falling out apparently :unsure: but Full Moon is well produced.

My personal favorites...

1. Janet / Jimmy Jam / Terry Lewis - Absolutely no question about it. B) Whenever they get together, magic happens.

2. Mariah / Jermaine Dupri / Bryan Michael-Cox - Always loved them together. The most recent "Oh Santa!" is amazing.

3. Missy Elliott / Timbaland - Aaliyah and Ginuwine too, but I'm sticking to one producer each. Missy gets the edge for me.

4. Michael Jackson / Teddy Riley - I actually prefer T.R. to Quincy. :ph34r:

5. Brandy / Rodney Jerkins - Despite their recent falling out apparently :unsure: but Full Moon is well produced.

That's a pretty top-notch list Andy! :w00t:

Mike & Teddy or Quincy :wub:

My personal favorites...

I'm piggybacking off yours too...I just thought about those but saw you posted them :lol:

My Top 5:

1. Janet and Jam & Lewis

2. Missy Elliott & Timbaland

3. Amy Winehouse & Mark Ronson

4. TLC & Dallas Austin

5. P!nk & Max Martin

Honourable mentions...

Brandy & Darkchild

Destiny's Child & Darkchild

Michael Jackson & Teddy Riley

Amerie & Rich Harrison

Nelly Furtado & Timbaland