The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

I was watching You've Been Framed today and I could have sworn I saw Janet in it...there was an office prank and in the office there was a big blowup pic on the wall and I'm sure it was this pic:

janet-jackson-nutrisystem.jpeg

What was the pranK?? Ummmmmmm....I think there was this big green thing that someone jumped on and loads of featehrs went flying all over the office.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that's befitting of Sue's character, though. The joke works because Janet's boob isn't saggy. Like when Sue refers to herself as having just turned 30. :lol:

Yeah that's why I didn't get upset because that's Sue's character. I guess I was just happy that they mentioned her and that they mentioned the fact that ppl were overreacting LOL.

• Upvote 1

Selena Gomez has revealed that her new tour will be partially inspired by Janet Jackson and Britney Spears's past stage shows

Gomez offered a preview of her upcoming stage show to On Air with Ryan Seacrest by suggesting that she is drawing inspiration from her musical heroes.

"I kind of missed shows when it used to just be about the dancing and the performing as opposed to how big and elaborate the stage is, so I kind of want to get back to that," Gomez explained.

She went on to tell Ryan Seacrest: "My favourites were Britney and Janet Jackson so I kind of want it to be a bit more dancing and make it about entertainment and about the show and the songs as opposed to how big the stage and effects are.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a474709/selena-gomez-new-tour-inspired-by-britney-spears-janet-jackson.html

Janet was mentioned on the last episode on Glee. Sue Sylvester said she hasn't seen this much overreaction (referring to a school shooting) since Janet Jackson pulled out her saggy ( <_< ) boob on national television.

:lol:

I love Sue!

I did - and I may be showing my ignorance here - but I'm not familiar with Emmit Till. The only reason I've heard the name is because Kanye mentioned it in 'Through The Wire'. :unsure:

Yeah it's an American thing. In short, the things that happened to him helps spearhead the civil rights movement.

Thank you in advance for not posting the open casket pic of Emmit, seeing that pic unexpecedly always stops my heart for a sec. I know the whole story very well have seen the documentary about him & his life & know what happend, but that pic still stops my heart @ 1st glimpse (been that way since the 1st time I saw it)

Im SO disgusted by his refrerences in this stupid generation (theres a pic of him next to Lil Wayne saying "Emmit had an excuse what's Waynes", theres more but that was just too much, and I don't like Wayne 1 bit and think his face looks grosse but comparing his over tatooed ugly face to a 14 yr old boy who was beaten beyond recognition is just unacceptable to me on ANY level.)

• Upvote 1

Thank you in advance for not posting the open casket pic of Emmit, seeing that pic unexpecedly always stops my heart for a sec. I know the whole story very well have seen the documentary about him & his life & know what happend, but that pic still stops my heart @ 1st glimpse (been that way since the 1st time I saw it)

Im SO disgusted by his refrerences in this stupid generation (theres a pic of him next to Lil Wayne saying "Emmit had an excuse what's Waynes", theres more but that was just too much, and I don't like Wayne 1 bit and think his face looks grosse but comparing his over tatooed ugly face to a 14 yr old boy who was beaten beyond recognition is just unacceptable to me on ANY level.)

I think it's important to see that photo.. to know that that struggle is over. -_-

Yeah it's an American thing. In short, the things that happened to him helps spearhead the civil rights movement.

that was really vague... In short but long, Emmett, citizen of Chicago, flirted at a white woman in the shittiest state in the union, Mississippi... later that night.. 2 white men beat and killed Emmett, a 14 year old boy.. both were acquitted :sigh: Many countries laughed at the US's justice system.. it was a joke.

I was even scared to google it cause I didn't want his after death picture to pop up. That story is so sad smh. I usually don't care for Lil Wayne but that was completely unnecessary, and this is coming from someone who loves insensitive jokes. Smh

I think it's important to see that photo.. to know that that struggle is over. -_-

that was really vague... In short but long, Emmett, citizen of Chicago, flirted at a white woman in the shittiest state in the union, Mississippi... later that night.. 2 white men beat and killed Emmett, a 14 year old boy.. both were acquitted :sigh: Many countries laughed at the US's justice system.. it was a joke.

Oh I agree, but it's just how it effects me personally like it strips the happiness from me for a while...a long while, I know it's not every person on the planets reaction (clearly when you think about somone had the poor taste to post it compared to Lil Wayne) but for me I like to be prepared to see such things, not taken by suprised.

And yea you summed it up perfectly,

I was even scared to google it cause I didn't want his after death picture to pop up. That story is so sad smh. I usually don't care for Lil Wayne but that was completely unnecessary, and this is coming from someone who loves insensitive jokes. Smh

I know thats right, my since of humor can be pretty dark and heavy and messy but theres a line thats still "TOO much" by my standards, lower than alot of peoples, but theres still 1