The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Obama: No Michelle - I'm not in contact with Janet anymore...this is her music video

Janet: Bitch knows this is one of our secret Skype calls. Teeheehee.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not that serious 

So I went to the African American Museum on Friday and they had Janet stuff in the music section:   Janet's name is just below the middle towards the bottom on the right. 

Teyana Taylor at the 2017 VMAs paying homage to Janet's 1995 VMA look 

Posted Images

Mark Romanek on making his iconic music videos. Janhova Christ is mentioned.

http://www.ew.com/ew...0.html#30000419

Janet Jackson, ''Got 'Til It's Gone'' (1997)

''That's one of the ones I'm most proud of and I think came out the best,'' says Romanek. ''Janet played me the song, and the Joni Mitchell sample put me in the mind of some sort of '70s thing. There was a magazine in Apartheid South Africa called Drum, and I found an obscure book about it. The photography in the magazine was stunning. I was looking through it while listening to the music, and something just clicked. So we built this pre-Apartheid celebration based on that African photography. People ask me where I went to shoot that, and it was all constructed on a sound stage on Hollywood Boulevard. It's all shot in Los Angeles, but it's incredible casting and incredible wardrobe.''

Legend.

a3w.gif

• Upvote 1

Her return is near.

It's not a return if she never left...these young girls are all disciples of Janhova - they stem from her and therefore Janhova can never be gone.

The episode of Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'n Out. The episode with Mariah Carey doing her guest surprise visit and rappers Macklemore & Ryan Lewis there was a segment at the beginning of the show that they were introducing and some white girl was doing her intro and goes "This is my cousin Flo...and she looks like she stole her outfit from a Janet Jackson video" :)

The episode of Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'n Out. The episode with Mariah Carey doing her guest surprise visit and rappers Macklemore & Ryan Lewis there was a segment at the beginning of the show that they were introducing and some white girl was doing her intro and goes "This is my cousin Flo...and she looks like she stole her outfit from a Janet Jackson video" :)

I love that show lol. It's so hilarious!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm watching Bar Rescue on Spike. The drunk owner keeps shouting to play Janet Jackson. Later there was a clip where a drag queen doing "If."

I was just watching this today :lmao:!

THAT BITCH THREW A GLASS AT HIS WORKERS SCREAMING FOR A DRINK AND SOME JANET! :lmao: :lmao:!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On The New Atlanta, Vawn is at a table asking women who they prefer musically....Janet? Beyonce? Or Mariah? Africa says "Janet" and later on she says "Janet Jackson! Rhythm Nation, Escapade. Rhythm Nation, Escapade"

On Styled To Rock, the first challenge for the designers is to make an outfit inspired by their muse. The winner will have the costume inducted into the LA Live Grammy Museum. Jordan names Janet as his biggest inspiration and makes a leather suit. While he was in the top 6 saved from elimination, the judges don't see any Janet in his creation. His response was "I know Janet better than anyone!"

Other idols for the designers were Cher, Lady Gaga, Aaliyah, Prince, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Katy Perry, Gwen Stefani, Bob Marley, Nicki Minaj (the winner of this challenge, Ahni did a REALLY great job) and Beyonce (the designer was eliminated, he tried to do a male Beyonce outfit, he was cute though). Rihanna said her biggest style iicons are Bob Marley, Tupac, and Aaliyah.

Look at the outfits here: http://www.bravotv.com/styled-to-rock/season-1/photos/rate-the-look/muse-challenge-the-looks

• 2 weeks later...

Janet's influence on Kelly Rowland is sooo apparent especially recently when she performed 'Gone' at BET's Black Girl Rock...not only was she channeling Janet and murdered the stage, she completed her praise with a pair of Janets go-to harem pants. YAS!