The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

AV Club disses Janet's janet. album [kinda]:

http://www.avclub.co...fault:1:Default

To look at the 10 top-selling albums of 1993 is to take stock of where we, as a nation, went wrong in the early ’90s.

The Bodyguard soundtrack

Kenny G, Breathless

Eric Clapton, Unplugged

Janet Jackson, janet.

Billy Ray Cyrus, Some Gave All

Dr. Dre, The Chronic

Spin Doctors, Pocket Full Of Kryptonite

Pearl Jam, Ten

Garth Brooks, The Chase

Stone Temple Pilots, Core

Now, The Chronic is an unimpeachable classic, don’t get me wrong. And Ten belongs in the pantheon of great albums of the grunge era. (A.V. Club music editor Steven Hyden would undoubtedly go to the mat for Core, too.) You could even make a case for janet. But they cannot escape the black hole of terribleness unleashed by the albums that brought “Achy Breaky Heart” and “Two Princes” into the world. Those two songs alone—not to mention Kenny fucking G or Whitney Houston’s treacle—are almost enough to negate anything good that happened musically in 1993.

How could 1993 look worse? Only one of the albums in the top 10 that year actually came out in 1993 (janet.). Ten came out Aug. 27, 1991, a week after Pocket Full Of Kryptonite. The others all dropped at various points in 1992.

Allegedly Glee is doing a RN/Nasty mashup. I'm not sure how true this is though

This is true! It's in episode 7.

The song list for Glee season 5, episode 7 has surfaced and will shake up the cover variety following a tribute episode the week prior.

Songs to be performed during Glee season 5, episode 7 titled “Puppet Master” are “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus, “Into the Groove” by Madonna, a mash up of “Nasty” and “Rhythm Nation” by Janet Jackson, “Cheek to Cheek” by Fred Astaire, “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen, and “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” by Simple Minds. The characters performing each song are not yet known.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Janet was mentioned on an episode of 'The Real' my new fav show, when they asked Pauly D if he would "Wifey or One Nighty" J.Lo or Janet Jackson. He said it was a hard choice but he would wifey J. Lo cause that was his childhood crush.

everyone else wifeyed her so he may as well, not like any of them last :coffee:

From celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Janhova. album, to being referenced of lessor artists being influenced by her, to her music being sampled, and her heavenly tit being the reason to stop impending asteroids...

Janhova. Her impact and influence knows no bounds.

odd7.gif

• Upvote 1

This is the third Janet reference I've seen on American Dad.

I told you Seth MacFarlane loves Janet and hates Madonna. Family Guy and The Cleveland show as well as American Dad which all have been created by Seth have referenced Janet and straight up dissed and shaded Madonna :lol:

I told you Seth MacFarlane loves Janet and hates Madonna. Family Guy and The Cleveland show as well as American Dad which all have been created by Seth have referenced Janet and straight up dissed and shaded Madonna :lol:

Lemme correct myself, it's the fourth instance I've seen.

I really don't pay attention to the Madonna shade, or even see it tbh. :unsure: