The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In season 2 episode 2 on the CW's superhero show "Arrow" a show I love which is actually one of the top rated shows makes a Janet reference during a newscast where a black reporter says "Last year when Oliver Queen returned to Starling City he was met with flowers and well wishes, However today during the memorial he was met with less than cordial homecoming. The question is no longer where have you been Oliver Queen? Now it's but "What have you done for me lately?" :)

• 3 weeks later...

Janet was mentioned on the new season of Married to Medicine on the Bravo channel in the 2nd episode "Far From Heavenly". About 5 mins into the episode Quad comes in the shop and the guy goes "Ooo you're giving Janet Jackson realness" and she was dressed like Janet without the tie during this performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y85AENR47P0

Is that in the magazine too? I think it's safe to say Solange and Essence Magazine are Janet stans. I swear they mention Janet in like every issue. I just forget to post it LOL

well there was a time when Janet was THE quintessential black woman. All the girls wanted to be her and all of the guys wanted to be with her.

Is that in the magazine too? I think it's safe to say Solange and Essence Magazine are Janet stans. I swear they mention Janet in like every issue. I just forget to post it LOL

She was doing a Q&A on Twitter and she mentioned it. I think someone posted the tweet.