The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

This bitch created a new fucking genre. I still can't get over that. She brought forward new jack swing.

And this is why I stan for her.  Her contributions to not only rnb, but the overall MUSIC industry that can still be felt today.  That's what a true artist does.  I can see her impact..it's tangible.  This is why I hate when people think that she's just someone's sister or didn't sell as much as her contemporaries.  She's undoubtedly the only living artist of her generation that gets referenced in the grand scope of the entertainment world. 

A true fucking LIVING LEGEND. :yahoo:

• Upvote 1

And this is why I stan for her. Her contributions to not only rnb, but the overall MUSIC industry that can still be felt today. That's what a true artist does. I can see her impact..it's tangible. This is why I hate when people think that she's just someone's sister or didn't sell as much as her contemporaries. She's undoubtedly the only living artist of her generation that gets referenced in the grand scope of the entertainment world.

A true fucking LIVING LEGEND. :yahoo:

post-553-0-26539900-1424440815_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Black Cat ha impact reaching out to redneck hillbillies

Strip Clubs:

Guitar teachers:

The Japanese:

This was then covered by someone who didn't realise it was Janet

• Upvote 1

Yes! PJ is a cult classic now. VH1, BET, Centric, and TVone love playing it. It trends everytime it comes on. I was up watching it this morning before my kids woke up for school. Instead of watching cartoons they told me they wanted to finish watching it with me. Even though they've seen it a 1000 times. I never get tried of watching Janet and Tupac interact with each other. Are seeing Janet's beautiful skin and smile. The shit makes me sad sometimes because I miss her like I would a family member that I haven't seen in years. #comebackjanet

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...