The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

Not really pop culture but Janet invested in California’s fast food joint, Fatburger. 

Fatburger has over 200 locations and filed to go public (IPO) August 31

I wonder if Janet is still banking off them

http://nypost.com/2017/08/03/fatburger-files-ipo-despite-execs-crooked-past/

I hope she is, if they feel confident enough to go public thats a good sign, although Im so about In-N-Out burger :wub:

Not really pop culture but Janet invested in California’s fast food joint, Fatburger. 

Fatburger has over 200 locations and filed to go public (IPO) August 31

I wonder if Janet is still banking off them

http://nypost.com/2017/08/03/fatburger-files-ipo-despite-execs-crooked-past/

She makes it so easy to make fat jokes. :lol:

This is a pop culture thread. Not 90s nostalgia thread NEXT

and Janet was a part of 90's pop culture as the gif shows. Think before you post instead of looking for something sarcastic to say. It doesn't make you seem too bright, NEXT!

Yeah this was posted a few years back. 

Didn't know lol. I actually was searching for a "shrug" gif to post in response to that Pink thread on the free xone and that was one that popped up so I posted it there and then put it in here too.

He's been posting...

and being a hoe on twitter too

Didn't know lol. I actually was searching for a "shrug" gif to post in response to that Pink thread on the free xone and that was one that popped up so I posted it there and then put it in here too.

Your tardiness is really inexcusable at times. :lol:

I literally spit on my phone screen. ?????

Pray for JoeJoe. We know he getting old. -_-

• Upvote 1

http://uproxx.com/music/kesha-rainbow-billboard-number-1/

For Kesha, it’s another chart topper, and her first No.1 since her 2010 debut album Animal, and a higher chart debut than her last album Warrior, which debuted at No. 6 when it was released in 2012. According to Billboard [that’s] seven years, seven months and 10 days between weeks at No. 1 [and] is the longest for a woman since 2009 when Barbra Streisand ended an 11 years, 10 months-long drought. Coincidentally, Janet Jackson’s 2015 album Unbreakable ended a seven years, seven months and nine days drought, just one day shorter than Kesha’s No. 1 hiatus.

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

Michael K. Williams' interview with Vanity Fair... 

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/08/michael-k-williams-emmy-interview 

“From some of the characters I play now, you’d probably think I was about The Godfather [growing up],” Williams says. “But the movies that inspired me early on were weird—like Saturday Night Fever, Purple Rain, and Grease. I like musicals.”

In that case, it makes sense that Williams’s artistic awakening came courtesy of Janet Jackson.

In 1989, while in his early 20s, Williams had seemingly righted his career path. He had gotten the drug addiction that derailed his teens under control, and had a stable job managing blueprints for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. Then he saw the music video for Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation.”

“My spirit was stirred by the visual images that were shown . . . different people, some tall, some short, male, female, light-skinned, dark-skinned,” Williams told NPR last year. “It wasn’t just everybody was pretty with perfect teeth. You saw some jagged edges . . . and when they all came together, they moved like one.”

“The message of the song—about getting rid of color lines, not judging—I just identified with it across the board, and I was like, ‘I want to become a Janet Jackson background dancer,’” Williams has said. “‘I think she will understand me.’”

• Upvote 3