The Pop Culture Thread: When IMPACTNET Strikes Edition

Mr. Wonder

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, DarkStormSC said:

Season 2, ep. 1 of “Dear White People” has 2 characters break out singing part of the bridge in STCML. 

The Poetic Justice pic on the wall of Sam and Joelle's room.

They mentioned the wardrobe malfunction in another episode. LOL.

ImpactNET.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, DarkStormSC said:

These queens lipsynching to Janet on the season finale of drag race. They all got me like ?. Aquaria the only one I’m fucking with so far this episode. 

Aquaria LITERALLY learned the If chroeo. She was sloppy, but she still destroyed it compared to everyone else attempting to do Janet onstage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I never watched this show but the first clip was everything!!! I wonder who won between those 2. The bottom clip was a damn mess cause idk wtf the butterfly dress bitch was doing but it sucked bad. It's clear she lost :lol: 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

I never watched this show but the first clip was everything!!! I wonder who won between those 2. The bottom clip was a damn mess cause idk wtf the butterfly dress bitch was doing but it sucked bad. It's clear she lost :lol: 

LMAO funny you should say that because RuPaul kept both of the girls who did If (which was a twist), but Aquaria (the skinny one) won in the end. You got Nasty right, Asia went home while Kameron stayed for the final round.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, John.... said:

IMG_0453_zpsj3pflvti.jpg

In a hospital though? Where the sick are cured ?  Surgeons walk past this everyday and they have to ask themselves this question.....Where are the boundaries of her impact? I had nothing to do with this board, are these coincidences :unsure: 

2lNEQ63.gif

These aren't coincidences.  Her impact knows no bounds. 

• Like 1

I just LOVE going on atrl and seeing threads like “Beyonce vs. Janet Jackson: Who has more impact overall???”

The audacity of those delusional young queens saying Beyonce and even Britney is f$&@ing sad. ?

Lets see: Janet (like Madonna) has been the blueprint for the modern day female pop star from the 90s til now! The groundbreaking music videos, the ambitious visuals, the provocative imagery, the thought provoking albums, not to mention, the legendary choreography! 

Britney is and will always be a Janet clone! Only white, southern and hips that move in one direction at this point! Love her to death but my goodness, she is the biggest influence in terms of Janet’s style since her debut. J. Lo...a latin Janet hybrid! Ciara....Janet of Crunk N B!!! Tinashe....Janet leftovers!!! And the list goes on! These women will even tell you that Janet was one of their biggest influences, especially the former fly girl! 

As for Beyonce..... between this (see below) and going to Janet concerts frequently to take notes on stage performance n moves....Beyonce fans TRY it so hard!! ?

1tpxcAU

Now why won’t Janet dress up like Beyonce if she has more impact??? ? 

Todays pop girls are living in the house Janet help built and some fans have the nerve to say, “No she didn’t!” ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...