Who Will Play Buffy This Time?

TwistedElegance™

Warner Bros. is sinking its teeth into a reboot of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, the 1992 cult dark comedy that spawned a television phenomenon.

Lindsay Lohan doppleganger Whit Anderson, 29, has been commissioned to pen a script for the motion picture remake of the film that starred Luke Perry, Donald Sutherland, and Kristy Swanson, as a popular high school cheerleader whose dreams of “marrying Keanu Reeves” are dashed once she learns that she possesses the supernatural ability to slay bloodsuckers.

Buffy last appeared in a small screen television drama starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz.

“Generally, I wouldn’t have said, ‘Let’s revive this,’ but Whit’s take is pretty compelling and a lot of fun, and it’s interesting to see all of this re-imagined. This is a completely new reboot. … It needs to be relevant to today, too, and that is what Whit has found a way to do,” says Charles Roven, who has been tipped to produce the new Buffy.

“While this is not your high-school Buffy, she’ll be just as witty, tough and sexy as we all remember her to be.”

http://www.popcrunch.com/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-movie-remake/

Joss Whedon angry at Buffy reboot

(UKPA) – 1 hour ago

Joss Whedon is furious at Warner Bros' decision to make a new Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie.

The cult teenage vampire killer was created by Joss, who wrote the 1992 movie starring Kirsty Swanson and Luke Perry, and wrote, produced and directed the hit TV series starring Sarah Michelle Gellar.

But Joss does not own the film rights to the story, and the people who do - Fran and Rubel Kuzui, who directed the original movie, and Kaz Kazui - have now handed the rights over to Warner Brothers, Deadline.com reports.

Joss wrote in a statement to E! Entertainment: "Obviously I have strong, mixed emotions about something like this.

"I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, after. I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly."

He added, joking: "I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill. I can, however, take this time to announce that I'm making a Batman movie. Because there's a franchise that truly needs updating. So look for The Dark Knight Rises Way Earlier Than That Other One And Also More Cheaply And In Toronto, rebooting into a theatre near you."

Whit Anderson is reportedly writing the script for the new updated big-screen version. Apparently the new film will see her out of high school, but she's be as tough, witty and sexy as before.

Charles Roven, the producer behind The Dark Knight, is one of the producers attached.

-_-

He added, joking: "I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill. I can, however, take this time to announce that I'm making a Batman movie. Because there's a franchise that truly needs updating. So look for The Dark Knight Rises Way Earlier Than That Other One And Also More Cheaply And In Toronto, rebooting into a theatre near you."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: