DIVA WARS Present Robyn VS Katy Perry

King Baby

14 members have voted

1. 1. Whose team are you on?

• Robyn...Talent galore and international appeal...you can't beat that with Fist brown's hands
    • Katy Perry...There is a reason why Robyn is not the headliner
  2. 2. Who is more talented?

• Robyn
    • Katy Perry
    • both are questionable in the talent department
  3. 3. Who has better song?

• Robyn
    • katy Perry

I can definitely see that. P!nk was too rough for the masses on Try This. I love the album but it wasn't polished, that's why I'm Not Dead was so important for her. It took the pop hooks from M!ssundaztood (still can't type that title without shivering) and married them with Matrix-like producers who knew how to rock. I think albums like Breakaway and, dare I say it, ASSlee Simpson's Autobiography definitely had an influence on her and a few other artists' sound at the time.

I know you didn't just say the great

P!nk copies Kelly Clarkson? :ph34r:

Don't make me swim my black @ss across the ocean and put you in a headlocke for that type of blasphemy.... :angry:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbdown:

Hmmm..the reason I asked because Kelly was massive with the "Breakaway" album..then P!nk came out with "I'm Not Dead" and the monster track "U + Ur Hand"(which is one of my fave P!nk songs ever) and they have the same kinda feel. Not saying that P!nk copied Kelly, but it makes since if the same producers have that "sound".

:rolleyes:

Correct, I didn't say that at all.

Instead of swimming here, how 'bout you stay there and work on your grammar instead. :filenails:

My grammar is trendy, groundbreaking, breath taking and foward thinking...I save all the proper talk for you lessor b!tches :flipoff:

As I said the last time you called me "kangaroo boy", bring it, bitch. :coffee:

Consider it brought <_<

I get off at 3:30pm, I need to cash my check at the Walmart so I can get my hair cut...and as soon as I leave the barbershop, I will be in the canoe and on my way.

And you better not try that "Crocodile" Dundee crap either when I get there to fight cause i WILL have my pepper spray... :filenails:

I can definitely see that. P!nk was too rough for the masses on Try This. I love the album but it wasn't polished, that's why I'm Not Dead was so important for her. It took the pop hooks from M!ssundaztood (still can't type that title without shivering) and married them with Matrix-like producers who knew how to rock. I think albums like Breakaway and, dare I say it, ASSlee Simpson's Autobiography definitely had an influence on her and a few other artists' sound at the time.

Poor "Try This"..I tried to like the album, but I couldn't get into it. But "I'm Not Dead" brought her back to life.. :whistle: And those big hooks with the pop/rock influences of Kelly and P!nk were staples around that time. And Ashlee Simpson did have some pretty catchy tunes.

I know you didn't just say the great

P!nk copies Kelly Clarkson? :ph34r:

Don't make me swim my black @ss across the ocean and put you in a headlocke for that type of blasphemy.... :angry:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbdown:

:rolleyes:

Oh Nuk..You can tell back in 05-06 that the pop/rock gals had made an impact! I just remember Kelly being big because of "Since You've Been Gone" and the subsequent singles that followed..That was a great era for her and it made her a household name. Like TE said, the producers pretty much molded that sound and it was popular.

Poor "Try This"..I tried to like the album, but I couldn't get into it. But "I'm Not Dead" brought her back to life.. :whistle: And those big hooks with the pop/rock influences of Kelly and P!nk were staples around that time. And Ashlee Simpson did have some pretty catchy tunes.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh Nuk..You can tell back in 05-06 that the pop/rock gals had made an impact! I just remember Kelly being big because of "Since You've Been Gone" and the subsequent singles that followed..That was a great era for her and it made her a household name. Like TE said, the producers pretty much molded that sound and it was popular.

P!nk molded the sound. The rest of the pop rock chicks just jumped on the bandwagon like Ashlee, and Avril and that silly clarkson chick. :thumbup:

ditto. It's the only track that i really love.

I actually prefer her first album over this one she is promoting now

Yes. TD has more hits, but OOTB's nostalgic pop/rock standouts are really lovely. Waking Up in Vegas, Self-Inflicted, Ur So Gay, the title track... they're great.

Style-wise, she was more distinctive, but musically and vocally she was too far up P!nk's ass. Max Martin played a big part in that too. 'Hot N Cold' should've been called 'U + Ur Hand Pt. II'.

U + Ur Hand is leagues better, melodically, vocally and lyrically, than HNC. :umm:

Ashlee's good stuff is the shit. I realized that recently. She's a joke, but she was fantastic.

"Outta My Head" was one of the best songs of 2008 and I couldn't believe it flopped.

Archived