QUESTION?

SloLove

MY BF LOVES TO SMOKE POT...RELIGIOUSLY :& IM A SQUARE NEVER HAVE, NEVER BEEN INTERESTED IN ANY TYPE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL...

SO WITH ME BECOMING A COP I CANT BE AROUND THAT CRAP CAUSE I'LL HAVE DOUBLE STANDARDS..HOW CAN I BE OUT ARRESTING PEOPLE FOR ONE THING WHEN ITS GOING ON RIGHT IN MY OWN HOME?

SO I TOLD HIM EITHER HE'S GONNA HAVE TO STOP OR IM MOVING OUT, AND I FEEL IF HE THINKS I SHOULD MOVE OUT THEN THATS DEF A BREAK UP FOR ME CAUSE HE CHOSE POT OVER ME

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY BF LOVES TO SMOKE POT...RELIGIOUSLY :& IM A SQUARE NEVER HAVE, NEVER BEEN INTERESTED IN ANY TYPE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL...

SO WITH ME BECOMING A COP I CANT BE AROUND THAT CRAP CAUSE I'LL HAVE DOUBLE STANDARDS..HOW CAN I BE OUT ARRESTING PEOPLE FOR ONE THING WHEN ITS GOING ON RIGHT IN MY OWN HOME?

SO I TOLD HIM EITHER HE'S GONNA HAVE TO STOP OR IM MOVING OUT, AND I FEEL IF HE THINKS I SHOULD MOVE OUT THEN THATS DEF A BREAK UP FOR ME CAUSE HE CHOSE POT OVER ME

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I believe you are making a big issue out of something much smaller, for one if you two been together for a minute that means something. For two if he smoked pot before why are you changing up the game now just because you becoming a cop? Please don't go thinking cops are angels, they people too, that doesn't make you any less of a good officer. I think the real problem is you don't want him doing pot whether you a cop or not. Now what's got me looking all crazy at this thread is the discussion of break up because that's a whole other issue, why in the world would that topic come into play? There are couples out here married with kids where one is a Democrat the other a Republican, now I can't see how that shit works, BUT I read that couples truly in love know what matters and what does not, this to me is not a break up issue, if yo man down for you he will see you thru to your dreams, Im kinda getting the vibe that break up topic has more to it than this.

I think if he even has to think twice he's a fool. You're doing the right thing.

THANK YOU!...LIKE REALLY POT IS REALLY THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU?...EVERY TIME I BRING IT UP HE SAYS WE'LL DISCUSS IT FURTHER WHEN YOU BECOME A COP

I believe you are making a big issue out of something much smaller, for one if you two been together for a minute that means something. For two if he smoked pot before why are you changing up the game now just because you becoming a cop? Please don't go thinking cops are angels, they people too, that doesn't make you any less of a good officer. I think the real problem is you don't want him doing pot whether you a cop or not. Now what's got me looking all crazy at this thread is the discussion of break up because that's a whole other issue, why in the world would that topic come into play? There are couples out here married with kids where one is a Democrat the other a Republican, now I can't see how that shit works, BUT I read that couples truly in love know what matters and what does not, this to me is not a break up issue, if yo man down for you he will see you thru to your dreams, Im kinda getting the vibe that break up topic has more to it than this.

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND...NO I NEVER WANTED HIM TO SMOKE IN THE FIRST PLACE...BUT I ACCEPTED IT FOR 4 YEARS...BUT NOW MY CAREER IS IN PLAY...WHAT PART OF ARRESTING PEOPLE FOR POT AND IT GOING ON IN MY OWN HOME DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND...THATS DOUBLE STANDARDS FOR ME...AND BREAKING UP COMES INTO PLAY IF HE DECIDES TO CONTINUE SMOKING POT FORCING ME TO MOVE OUT...AFTER 4 YEARS THATS A STEP BACK

AND NO ONE SAID COPS WERE ANGELS...I CANT CONTROL WHAT EVERY OTHER COP DOES...I CAN ONLY CONTROL WHAT I DO AND I KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG...SMOKING POT AND BEING AROUND PEOPLE WHO SMOKE POT WAS IN THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND...NO I NEVER WANTED HIM TO SMOKE IN THE FIRST PLACE...BUT I ACCEPTED IT FOR 4 YEARS...BUT NOW MY CAREER IS IN PLAY...WHAT PART OF ARRESTING PEOPLE FOR POT AND IT GOING ON IN MY OWN HOME DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND...THATS DOUBLE STANDARDS FOR ME...AND BREAKING UP COMES INTO PLAY IF HE DECIDES TO CONTINUE SMOKING POT FORCING ME TO MOVE OUT...AFTER 4 YEARS THATS A STEP BACK

I understand uniformity and consistency in your rules sure, Im just thinking for example a parent lets a kid do something for however long then all of a sudden says no and absolutly no, which is contraindication. I understand this is your career and your job and he has to support that, im thinking if he down for you he will. I just don't see this as break up material not with 4 years in the mix. You sure that's all to this? I still feel there's more, like maybe you tired of him? Or maybe he isn't supporting your career move as you would like in ways besides the pot? I dont know chile I do know pot is so college, Im grown I don't know why folks do that shit because they drug test on every job now from the fry station at McDonalds and up

I also get as an officer having someone in your home doing illegal things places your job at risk now if that is what you are getting at he should have no issue stopping, if it came down to pot and my 4 year man, ima chose my man. But I don't fuck wit pot so to me its like why the fuck is he smoking pot aint we grown? To each his own Im just keeping mine real I don't fuck with drugs that aint where my mind is now.

AND BEFORE YOU POST JBAILEY...BREAK THAT SHIT UP...DONT GO POSTING THIS LONG ASS ESSAY CAUSE I WONT READ IT

:rolleyes: Im trying boo but i re-read what you said and I think I get it, it's he should support your career and knowing pot basically could fuck you over he should make the choice that you matter more. Is that where this is?

AND NO ONE SAID COPS WERE ANGELS...I CANT CONTROL WHAT EVERY OTHER COP DOES...I CAN ONLY CONTROL WHAT I DO AND I KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG...SMOKING POT AND BEING AROUND PEOPLE WHO SMOKE POT WAS IN THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

OHHHHHH that's where this is coming from your excited (rightfully so) and nothing should be allowed to fuck with that. Tell him to stop smoking pot, its yo fucking career and it means something to you, if he can't do that or understand that or work with you, then that's his lost, besides pot smoking on grown folks is not a good look.

A BREAK UP COMES INTO PLAY BECAUSE CLEARLY IM NOT AS IMPORTANT TO HIM AS I THOUGHT IF HE CHOOSES POT OVER ME...MOVING OUT IS A STEP BACKWARDS IN THE RELATIONSHIP

I think Im getting this now, i get it, how you communicate it with him ? I mean did you explain this? Im assuming he has some sense he manages all this stuff, yet somehow he smokes pot? I don't know it's like smoking squares I wouldn't want someone who smoked and I don't.

:rolleyes: Im trying boo but i re-read what you said and I think I get it, it's he should support your career and knowing pot basically could fuck you over he should make the choice that you matter more. Is that where this is?

EVEN THOUGH I NEVER LIKED HIM SMOKING ANYWAY...I ACCEPTED IT BECAUSE THATS WHO HE IS!...BUT NOW THAT THINGS ARE CHANGING FOR ME I GOTTA BE WHO I AM...AND IF HE CHOOSES POT OVER ME...I CANT BE MAD AT HIM...BUT LIKE I SAID ME MOVING OUT IS A STEP BACKWARDS, AND IM JUST NOT DOWN WITH THAT

I have a tangent story to tell, I used to hook up with this cop that sucked a mean dick, anyway he had me meet him the first time at an address, he did not tell me before he was a cop, so I show up and its a police post and this tall muscular blond cop comes out and asks me what am I doing there, I was freaking out nervous I said I was meeting up with a friend, he goes oh yea? Well he's standing right here.....I was soooo freaked out...anyway back to the pot this cop had pulled a girl over who had pot he took the joint from her had it in his shirt pocket offered it to me, I said no, he goes good because I would have had to arrest you. Im like boom you just slobbered on my dick in the basement on yo job :rolleyes:

DONT KNOW...SAID WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT WHEN I BECOME A COP...SO (KAYNE SHRUG)

that indicates a no, you need to make it VERY clear to him under no circumstances nor exceptions can he do that shit and you're a cop. Also he should consider you a cop now and act accordingly folks really try to put shit off they don't want to do now.

that indicates a no, you need to make it VERY clear to him under no circumstances nor exceptions can he do that shit and you're a cop. Also he should consider you a cop now and act accordingly folks really try to put shit off they don't want to do now.

i know

I have a tangent story to tell, I used to hook up with this cop that sucked a mean dick, anyway he had me meet him the first time at an address, he did not tell me before he was a cop, so I show up and its a police post and this tall muscular blond cop comes out and asks me what am I doing there, I was freaking out nervous I said I was meeting up with a friend, he goes oh yea? Well he's standing right here.....I was soooo freaked out...anyway back to the pot this cop had pulled a girl over who had pot he took the joint from her had it in his shirt pocket offered it to me, I said no, he goes good because I would have had to arrest you. Im like boom you just slobbered on my dick in the basement on yo job :rolleyes:

lol cops :rolleyes:

how do you feel about it towards him? Lets say you two do break? How are you gonna take it? Better yet how do you think he would?

IVE BEEN PREPARING MYSELF FOR IT...I BOUNCE BACK QUICK...AND I'LL BE SO WRAPPED UP IN MY NEW CAREER TO FEEL THE PAIN AS HARD AS I COULD THEN ITHOUT IT

Archived