The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Ehh.. To me the film shouldn't be a carbon copy of the comics.. It's 2014.. Throw some creativity in it

That's what the original  movies from 10 yrs ago tried, and that's why people who knew the comics hated them (I liked them, but my comic fan friends thought/think they're an abomination). But most of the movies/shows that come from books, you do want them to be at least generally what the books story was about. This wasn't a an exact copy of it, just more along the lines than any of the predecessors, and I think that's a good match, but alas a matter of opinion at the end of it all.

Gladd my opinion is the majority tho lol....and that they're readying the next movies :coffee:  

I thought I reviewed it... Something about the movie just didn't seem right.. Didn't sit right with me, storytelling wise... The relationship between Electrode and Green Goblin was just odd

they had way too many villians introduced into one movie and it went all over the place I wasn't wowed and at this point there have been too many Spider-man movies ....focus on making something else great

they had the new superman movie playing at work I thought this thing is too different from the comics

I don't Superman

they had way too many villians introduced into one movie and it went all over the place I wasn't wowed and at this point there have been too many Spider-man movies ....focus on making something else great

They only had two.. three including Rhino.. but they could have done a better job bringing them together

I don't Superman

They only had two.. three including Rhino.. but they could have done a better job bringing them together

I still think its all character development, the development of The Joker in The Dark Knight was what won so many audiences over, you cant really think it was Batman played by Christian Bale :umm:  It was really Heath Ledger's Joker and how developed his character was. The Amazing Spiderman 2 didn't seem to get ground going on one villian before they were on to another one, and how they even caught Electro to begin with was stupid

'

I still think its all character development, the development of The Joker in The Dark Knight was what won so many audiences over, you cant really think it was Batman played by Christian Bale :umm: It was really Heath Ledger's Joker and how developed his character was. The Amazing Spiderman 2 didn't seem to get ground going on one villian before they were on to another one, and how they even caught Electro to begin with was stupid

'

Exactly.. Health Ledger did an amazing job as Joker.. He was darker than the cartoons/past Jokers

Didn't they knock out Electro somehow? It happened so quickly lol

• Upvote 1

Exactly.. Health Ledger did an amazing job as Joker.. He was darker than the cartoons/past Jokers

Didn't they knock out Electro somehow? It happened so quickly lol

They basically arrested him....like who does that with villians? :lmao:

Captain America Winter Soldier A

very good film, great action and amazing heroes

Matt - did you like What Maisie Knew?  I thought it was fantastic.  That little girl was amazing!

I saw...

Shutter Island - ?  I don't think I was concentrating properly but I couldn't follow it at all :umm:

Boyhood - A- 

Really REALLY good.  A little slow but it was fascinating, especially seeing the characters age the way they did over the 12 years it took to film.

Goodfellas- A+, Absolutely loved this movie, didn't expect to as much as I do, instantly somewhere on my FAVORITES list.

Taxi Driver - A, very intense, very gritty, DeNiro slayed, 12 YEAR OLD JODIE FOSTER PLAYIN A HO SLAYED TOO! She deserved that nom to me lol.

Citizen Kane- A, Loved it but gonna have to watch it again, but GOD that tone and those shots are just haunting and beautiful

Boyhood - A+,  OH DEAR GOD THAT WAS GOOD, I loved it, and it hurt. For those who don't know they filmed this movie for 12 years, thus instead of filming for 4 months and getting actors to play the same role but different points of the characters life, you are looking at a boy go from 6 years old to 18 years old, and same with his parents (Patricia Arquette & Ethan Hawke, both of them are reallllly great too) and his sister (who was also great), this movie struck me because it was a pretty simple yet complex story, and it felt so real, and it hurt cause it really does take you through time, like no period piece could. I highly recommend this movie, I was very impressed and Im expecting/hoping there will be some awards and nominations coming to this movie and it's cast.

Captain America (2011) - First off, this was recommended to me by a co-worker. I wanted to turn it off. It was good but for someone who isn't into CA, it thought it was meh - C

Captain America 2 - Slow start but man did it pick up. When they revealed that his best friend was that dude with the mask, I freaked out... Great movie. I loved seeing parts of Cleveland (I totally forgot it was filmed here). It's pretty cool realizing the same highway you drive day after day is apart of blockbuster film. - A-

This was over the span of a few months. :lol:

I don't care for Transformers at all. GOTG deserves the praise its getting.

I  haven't watched the entirety of any Transformers remake movie made....I say remake, because I grew up with the original, and this aint it :filenails:

• Upvote 1