The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Watched Deadpool for the 2nd time last night (once in theaters and at home last night)... Pretty good movie, funny, lots of action...and my girl was surprised to see Ryan Reynold's cock n balls flopping around during one nude fight scene lol..

Watched Deadpool for the 2nd time last night (once in theaters and at home last night)... Pretty good movie, funny, lots of action...and my girl was surprised to see Ryan Reynold's cock n balls flopping around during one nude fight scene lol..

I just watched it again last night too.  They really did an excellent job.  Definitely the most faithful adaptation Fox has done of an X men franchise.

I absolutely did not slow mo the Blu Ray 1080p version to see if you could get a better peek at da dick either.  Cause I am too klassy for that nonsense.  :ph34r:

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Captain America : Civil War     A

A cohesive real storyline.  Even though it had a fuckton of characters they ALL had development and got to have awesome fight scenes.

Spider-man and Tchalla stole the show though.  I cannot wait to see the solo Black Panther Movie now

Edited by kidfresh832
  • Upvote 1

The Boss - A-, it was VERY predictable, and very formulaic and Melissa McCarthy played the same character she played in Spy...The Heat....Hangover3....and Identity Theft. But that being said if you hate her or don't care, you probably will hate this, but if you love you some Melissa McCarthy and her humor, YOU'LL LOVE THIS, which is why I did, I mean it's just so damn ridiculously funny to me, I loved it. Peter Dinklage slayed too. I just wish it had a really sharp good twist so that you don't basically know where it's going and how it ends 20mins in the movie.

Edited by jarrylf

Captain America : Civil War     A

A cohesive real storyline.  Even though it had a fuckton of characters they ALL had development and got to have awesome fight scenes.

Spider-man and Tchalla stole the show though.  I cannot wait to see the solo Black Panther Movie now

I enjoyed it. I think it definitely dragged in some parts. I'm not much impressed by Scarlett Witch like I thought i'd be. I loved Black Panther. Everytime I see Chris Evans I wanna do thangs with him. He is a very handsome man

as anyone should lol

yea maybe ...don't get me wrong.. I LIKES BvS a lot, but I wanted to love it and I didn't.. Although it had its flaws, I thought a lot of the backlash and negative reviews it received was a little much..

yea maybe ...don't get me wrong.. I LIKES BvS a lot, but I wanted to love it and I didn't.. Although it had its flaws, I thought a lot of the backlash and negative reviews it received was a little much..

Yeah when I saw it I was like "Hmm this ain't as bad as the reviews said it was." I'm still not here for Ben as Batman

Yeah when I saw it I was like "Hmm this ain't as bad as the reviews said it was." I'm still not here for Ben as Batman

yea exactly.. Like I said it wasn't perfect, but it SOOO doesn't deserve the 27% rotten tomatoes score it got... And bruh Ben was the best thing about the entire movie! Gal was great also, but Ben is the most accurate portrayal of Batman as written in the comics.. And he's gonna be the director and co-writer of his stand-alone Batman movie coming out in a couple years... PLUS they just announced that he's been promoted to an executive producer for Justice League that's coming November of next year.. I think DC and Warner Bros are trying to appease a lot of fans who have said that Zack Snyder isn't the best at storytelling (as opposed to visuals) and Ben has Oscars for writing and directing so I can't wait!!

whats even more is that Ben will be batman again in Suicide Squad in August!!! That looks so fucking epic I damn near blew a load when I saw the trailers!

yea exactly.. Like I said it wasn't perfect, but it SOOO doesn't deserve the 27% rotten tomatoes score it got... And bruh Ben was the best thing about the entire movie! Gal was great also, but Ben is the most accurate portrayal of Batman as written in the comics.. And he's gonna be the director and co-writer of his stand-alone Batman movie coming out in a couple years... PLUS they just announced that he's been promoted to an executive producer for Justice League that's coming November of next year.. I think DC and Warner Bros are trying to appease a lot of fans who have said that Zack Snyder isn't the best at storytelling (as opposed to visuals) and Ben has Oscars for writing and directing so I can't wait!!

whats even more is that Ben will be batman again in Suicide Squad in August!!! That looks so fucking epic I damn near blew a load when I saw the trailers!

Fuck rotten tomatoes. Right now they've given X-Men only like 46%. I'll probably never be here for Ben as being Batman. Maybe directing and other stuff yeah but playing Batman is a no for me. I'm so ready for Suicide Squad cause I wanna see Harley Quinn's crazy ass

Fuck rotten tomatoes. Right now they've given X-Men only like 46%. I'll probably never be here for Ben as being Batman. Maybe directing and other stuff yeah but playing Batman is a no for me. I'm so ready for Suicide Squad cause I wanna see Harley Quinn's crazy ass

lol what is it about Ben as batman that u don't like tho?? I mean, even the biggest haters of BvS mostly agreed that Ben killed it as batman and Bruce wayne

lol what is it about Ben as batman that u don't like tho?? I mean, even the biggest haters of BvS mostly agreed that Ben killed it as batman and Bruce wayne

His face, his look as in demeanor in his role, and he just doesn't look right. I'll give credit to the director and writers for how good he did cause I won't lie, he didn't do a bad job.

• Upvote 1

What America needs to do is stay out of everybody else's business and mind our own

no.. That's not what this doc is about.. The US could learn so very much from other countries... $ truly is the root of all evil in America... 

no.. That's not what this doc is about.. The US could learn so very much from other countries... $ truly is the root of all evil in America... 

I haven't seen it to know what it's about but i'm saying in general we need to stay out of other country's affairs and handle our own first.

• 1 month later...

Last week I just discovered Saving Mr. Banks. ICYMI (like I did lol), it's a film based on the making of Mary Poppins as well as the author's childhood. Emma Thompson killed it as PL Travers! Tom Hanks as Walt Disney was great as well, even though I'll always hear inflictions of Woody in his voice lol. Overall I'd give it around a 93% A- :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

Last week I just discovered Saving Mr. Banks. ICYMI (like I did lol), it's a film based on the making of Mary Poppins as well as the author's childhood. Emma Thompson killed it as PL Travers! Tom Hanks as Walt Disney was great as well, even though I'll always hear inflictions of Woody in his voice lol. Overall I'd give it around a 93% A- :thumbup:

I like that movie.. Wanted to love it, but ended only liking it.. Tom hanks was a great WD, but his accent needed work.. I also wished they had more Disneyland in it, as the trailer made it seem like there was more scenes of Disneyland, but in fact just about all the Disneyland footage was also all in the trailer! Lol.. I wasn't particularly fond of how many flashbacks they did, got boring after a while for me, although I know it was to explain her adult demeanor/behavior.. Lastly, as Disney tends to do, they sugar-coated a ton of the facts.. For example, Travers never liked the finished film (Mary Poppins).. She had vowed to never work with Disney again after seeing the film at the premiere.. So with that in mind, the film wasn't really as historically accurate as it could've/should've been..

overall i give the film a "C" grade.. If I wasn't such a huge Disney fan in the first place, the grade would've been even lower..

still... I bought that shit on bluray the first week it was out! ???

X-Men: Apocalypse 

Grade= C+

No joke this is gonna be the 1st X-Men movie that I won't be buying on dvd. Bryan Singer had Storm ducking and dodging the whole fuckin' film when she's supposed to be one of the baddest bitches to ever exist in the Marvel Universe. The movie focused more on Mystique once again and Magneto instead of Apocalypse. Just not a good X-Men movie. It was only ok

X-Men: Apocalypse 

Grade= C+

No joke this is gonna be the 1st X-Men movie that I won't be buying on dvd. Bryan Singer had Storm ducking and dodging the whole fuckin' film when she's supposed to be one of the baddest bitches to ever exist in the Marvel Universe. The movie focused more on Mystique once again and Magneto instead of Apocalypse. Just not a good X-Men movie. It was only ok

that's what I've been hearing.. I've never really been an X-Men fan, so lo usually catch the movies when they come on tv or HBO or whatever.. Never bought a ticket for any of them, or rented or bought he DVDs.. Anything.. I didn't mind First Class tho.. Actually kinda liked it..

that's what I've been hearing.. I've never really been an X-Men fan, so lo usually catch the movies when they come on tv or HBO or whatever.. Never bought a ticket for any of them, or rented or bought he DVDs.. Anything.. I didn't mind First Class tho.. Actually kinda liked it..

well if you've never been an X-Men fan then you'd actually probably like it. Only true X-Men fans know how flawed this movie was and how Bryan Singer needs to stay the fuck away from any future X-Men movies

• Upvote 1

I like that movie.. Wanted to love it, but ended only liking it.. Tom hanks was a great WD, but his accent needed work.. I also wished they had more Disneyland in it, as the trailer made it seem like there was more scenes of Disneyland, but in fact just about all the Disneyland footage was also all in the trailer! Lol.. I wasn't particularly fond of how many flashbacks they did, got boring after a while for me, although I know it was to explain her adult demeanor/behavior.. Lastly, as Disney tends to do, they sugar-coated a ton of the facts.. For example, Travers never liked the finished film (Mary Poppins).. She had vowed to never work with Disney again after seeing the film at the premiere.. So with that in mind, the film wasn't really as historically accurate as it could've/should've been..

overall i give the film a "C" grade.. If I wasn't such a huge Disney fan in the first place, the grade would've been even lower..

still... I bought that shit on bluray the first week it was out! ???

Yeah that's true about inaccuracies. I guess I've just grown used to it from many biographical films, so it inspires me to research a little bit lol. The film did leave it pretty vague whether Ms. Travers liked the final product or not, which of course she didn't, I guess for the sake of a happy ending. Also IIRC I think "Feed the Birds" was the only song she ended up liking although she still had some ...er... strong suggestions lol. The "Fly a Kite" scene was heartwarming though.

• Upvote 1

Now You See Me 2 - A-,  it went in the perfect direction from the 1st, there was 1 flaw, I wanted to know more about what happened to the girl in the 1st 1 beyond "she quit". Daniel Radcliffe was amazing, like fucking brilliant

Edited by jarrylf