The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

SPARKLE, BITCHES!!!! MY 1ST HOLLYWOOD PREMIERE AND IM IN THE FUCKING MOVIE!!! AAAH. Anyway WAY better than I thought and I like it more than the original (and DreamGirls) it's darker than Dream Girls, but not as dark as the original, but certain things were DEFINITELY improved on this from the original. And easily Whitney's best role, she was Drama (capatal D intended)in that role and had me forgetting both that she's Whitney and that she's gone. Jordin did great as I saw 1st hand. Carmen Ejogo did AMAZING. And MIKE EPPS PLAYED DARK drama well, he done learned him some drama LOL. I give it a solid A.

Sparkle (original 76 version),B+, I love the movie and grew up knowing it and seeing it, but when I compare the 2 movies side by side, the remake is (in my opinion) Way better. This is NO spoilers so it's alright to read the comparisons I'm about to lay out

.Sparkle (the character) in the original was pretty weak, from beginning to end, and it kinda got old and on my nerves lol, but she's very dependent on her bf to get her career started. In the remake the character starts out weak (but still not as weak as the 76 version) but develops strength and stands her ground.

.ALL OF THE MEN IN THE ORIGINAL KINDA SUCKED, so that wasn't hard to improve on, and it's a case of if the acting didn't suck the characters did.

.Delores (the middle sister) completely annoying and forgettable in the original, in the remake she stands out way more and is memorable. In both versions she's tough tho.

.(relates to the "All of the men in the original kinda sucked" part) the main guy Stix (Sparkle's boyfriend), in the original,the character was kind of a douche, and overacted alot.

.The Mother in the original was a sweet women, who (in the right scene) let the truth be told but Whitney's character in the remake was T-O-U-G-H, TOUGH, like she hardly smiled throughout the movie, woo and theres some things her character says (and apparently went through) that are just eerie because Whitney's saying it.

.The character that is 100% the same in the original and the remake is Sister (the oldest sister, THANK GOD in the remake they make "sister" her nick name and Tami her real name, in the original...her names Sister...eye rool)but that character is very much the same and might've been the only 1 not to need any real improvement, in my opinion.

Overall this remake did what I WANT all remakes to do, instead of "changing" the story and important details, it more so corrected a few things the original either missed, could've done better, or left a whole. And it did change a big thing that happend in the original, I don't think the fans of the original will like it but I did, I thought it was just a much better written movie

What did get on my damn nerves about the remake is there are some TOO DAMN MANY Extreme close ups and it's like "....was this shot really necessay?"

The Campaign- B :lol: I expected more from Will Ferrell, his character had AMAZINGLY funny moments but he fell flat to me a few times, but Zach Galifianakis stole pretty much every scene from beginning to end, and how refreshing was that since in EVERY movie he's in he plays his Hangover character, and in this 1 theres moments that are that character, but overall this character is different.

Not worth seeing in the movies (unless Sparkle, Dark Knight, and whatever else your taste might be is sold out), but if you are in the mood for a full on comedy, it delivers that.

I watched it this afternoon :lmao:

"Hit the sheets or hit the streets, it don't make me no never mind" :lmao:

My 2 most fave things to quote

HAHA I THREW THAT SHIT BEFORE I WALKED IN THE ROOM!!!!

EUPHORIA SHUT THE FUCK UP, I KNOW THAT WAS YOU I AINT EVEN HAD TO LOOK, I SHOULD SEND YOUR ASS BACK TO CRENSHAW PETE WITH THEM HOTTASS COAT HANGERS BITCH, WOULD YOU LIKE THAT!?!?!? !

Singin' in the Rain

Saw it at a theatre yesterday! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: It was a Classic Film Series event. ^_^ I felt like I was in 1952, and then I walked out of the theatre into 2012. -_-

It was sooooooo ridiculously awesome to see it on the big screen! I caught myself smiling throughout the movie. :asham: I felt like such a dork.

Good mornin'! Good mornin! It's great to stay up late! Good mornin'! Good mornin' to you!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

• Upvote 1