The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Yeah but it was like they kinda didn't focus on the violence - you could see quick cuts and flashes of attacks and implications of what was happening rather than full-on gore, if that makes sense? The worst bit was probably the glimpse of the girl who was disfigured by wasp stings.

that's an interesting take on it, I remember the young girl that was going to kill the heroine of the movie when the Black guy grabbed her and slammed her head into the side of that metal structure, that was kinda violent. But you are right it was not nearly as violent on screen as implied

A league of their own, B+

I've ONLY seen bits and pieces and chunks of this movie throughout my life, but never from beginning to end, but even with the bits and pieces I always enjoyed Madge in it. Specifically Madge & Rosie together. But I really enjoyed it, and I loved Gina Davis and Tom Hanks too.

And god damnit, this movie made me love another Madonna song, FUCK, (deep sigh)....This Used To Be My Playground slays....shut up.

• Upvote 1

A league of their own, B+

I've ONLY seen bits and pieces and chunks of this movie throughout my life, but never from beginning to end, but even with the bits and pieces I always enjoyed Madge in it. Specifically Madge & Rosie together. But I really enjoyed it, and I loved Gina Davis and Tom Hanks too.

And god damnit, this movie made me love another Madonna song, FUCK, (deep sigh)....This Used To Be My Playground slays....shut up.

One of my all-time favourite movies. One of my all-time favourite Madonna songs. If I could give you +2 I would. -_-

One of my all-time favourite movies. One of my all-time favourite Madonna songs. If I could give you +2 I would. -_-

LOL well thank you, yea it's 1 of those movies that fits in a category I have called "I wish it didn't end". Like I literally just watched it from beginning to end when I made that 1st post, and....I'm itching to watch it again, and if I werent already half sleep I would lol.

Of the now 8! Madonna songs I like, I think that 1 might have to go to #1.....I think it might have to knock Papa Don't Preach out of it's spot.....I really am listening to it as I type it, like for real I actually like this song alot, and its making me all confused n stuff lol. I think this is the 1st Madge song of the 8 and the other ones I've heard/known where I like everything about it, the lyrics, the backround vocals, her main vocals, etc.....It actually made me re-listen to the Erotica album tonight.....just incase I missed out on something else....but I don't think I did lol. But I'm glad I found this 1.

See, in my world I can not like an artist but have my picks and choices here and there lol, who knows, maybe I'll get to 10 Madonna songs 1 day lol. My Bey list is actually pretty high, but again, former fan so thats different.

^ I'm sensing an internal struggle. :lol:

Honestly, Madonna has an incredibly strong discography. But at least you like a few gems. I should point out there is actually a 6+ minute version of 'Playground' with extra verses and an extended string solo. It's heavenly. It's also a good one to pull out when people say she can't sing.

^ I'm sensing an internal struggle. :lol:

Honestly, Madonna has an incredibly strong discography. But at least you like a few gems. I should point out there is actually a 6+ minute version of 'Playground' with extra verses and an extended string solo. It's heavenly. It's also a good one to pull out when people say she can't sing.

LOL the internal struggle is I did right her off as not being able to sound this good, or making a song that is so ME LOL, IM NOT USED TO THIS!

Funny you should mention that I was actually looking for that version (chille when I like a new song I do my reasearch, I Wikipedia'd it lol) and I can't find that version on youtube, but I think thats also the version from the film, like the version I have does not have that string solo, and it's like 3:54 or something, like I still love it but them strings were a major factor in catching my attention.....so feel free to either email me that 1 or let me know where I might be able to find it.

My cousin who's a major Madge fan told me back in like 07 to download her 80's albums and up to Erotica, because me being me, she said she couldn't see me liking her mid 90's-today stuff but she can see me down the line getting into some of her pre 93 stuff.....and she's proven to be right, like I still don't like HERRRR, but she does have some songs that'll get my attention, mainly pre 93.

LOL the internal struggle is I did right her off as not being able to sound this good, or making a song that is so ME LOL, IM NOT USED TO THIS!

Funny you should mention that I was actually looking for that version (chille when I like a new song I do my reasearch, I Wikipedia'd it lol) and I can't find that version on youtube, but I think thats also the version from the film, like the version I have does not have that string solo, and it's like 3:54 or something, like I still love it but them strings were a major factor in catching my attention.....so feel free to either email me that 1 or let me know where I might be able to find it.

My cousin who's a major Madge fan told me back in like 07 to download her 80's albums and up to Erotica, because me being me, she said she couldn't see me liking her mid 90's-today stuff but she can see me down the line getting into some of her pre 93 stuff.....and she's proven to be right, like I still don't like HERRRR, but she does have some songs that'll get my attention, mainly pre 93.

Discovering new old music is the best. :lol:

I'm not on my computer atm but I'll hook you up when I can. I bought the CD single on import just to have that version.

That would mean you haven't delved into Bedtime Stories? If I know your taste I'd say THAT'S what you should be downloading. She worked with Dallas Austin and Babyface, and even sampled Aaliyah. If you managed to suffer through her pre-True Blue albums then you owe it to yourself to listen to Bedtime Stories. Ray Of Light is still my favourite. It's very left of the middle but highly recommended.

I do love it when a new song hit's my spot without even being prepared, ESPECIALLY when it's from a artist I don't like. OK I'll check out Bedtime Stories....I see yall stanning for it here lol, so it's more R&B? You knw what tho I gotta say I do love the song Like A Virgin in the same way I love Cyndi Laupher's Girls Just Wanna have Fun.

right now my Madonna factors are

1.This Used To Be My Playground

2.Papa Don't Preach

3.Into The Groove

4.Vogue

5.Like A Prayer

6.Holliday

7.Music

8.Like a Virgin

9.Live To Tell

(I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS UP TO 9............I don't know how to feel about that, guess I might get to 10 faster than I thought LOL)

...........yall trying to convert me lol. JP

I do love it when a new song hit's my spot without even being prepared, ESPECIALLY when it's from a artist I don't like. OK I'll check out Bedtime Stories....I see yall stanning for it here lol, so it's more R&B? You knw what tho I gotta say I do love the song Like A Virgin in the same way I love Cyndi Laupher's Girls Just Wanna have Fun.

right now my Madonna factors are

1.This Used To Be My Playground

2.Papa Don't Preach

3.Into The Groove

4.Vogue

5.Like A Prayer

6.Holliday

7.Music

8.Like a Virgin

9.Live To Tell

(I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS UP TO 9............I don't know how to feel about that, guess I might get to 10 faster than I thought LOL)

...........yall trying to convert me lol. JP

Yeah it's definitely more R&B. And I don't even stan for it like I've seen others on here do. :lol:

Mmmhmm, keep going. I'm sure you'll find a few more faves buried in the couch. :rolleyes::lol:

Rain and secret are 2 of my fave old madonna tunes.

Yes and yes. :wub:

TE, I asked Con, but no response thus far......

Will you go and see kath and kimderella for me?! :wub:

I need to experience it vicariously!

Haha of course I will! Even though it's been panned in all the reviews I've read it's still on my must-see list. :lol:

The show was pretty popular in the UK wasn't it? Does the movie have a release date over there?