The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Carrie (remake), A+! What I'm about to say is what I did not expect to say....what I expected to say was "I LOVED IT, but I still prefer the original".....what I have to say is...I LOVED IT MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL!!!! (not by much tho), It was more detailed, certain performances were better in my opinion and seem more realistic to me. The technology and age actually works VERY well in this story, it was done VERY well I'm VERY impressed, happy I paid to see it, can't wait to see it again.

CrazySexyCool- A-, it was done SO well, got me all nostalgic, and Lil Mama DID the damn thing, Keke & Drew did good too but Lil Mama was on another level, that bitch was possessed by Lisa lol.

Spoiler-ish details talk written here: My only beef with it is I feel like they kinda ended the Pebbles and bankruptcy things faster than they could've, like remember how I pointed out that they said in that interview that they lightened her situation up a lil bit...I could tell and I wish I couldn't. Also, I wish there was at LEAST more than a mention of 3D, because I know people joke about how it sold, but it was a hugely brave thing they did to go in the studio to finish the album, and I wanted to see that at least a little. I see people said that they wish Lisa death had more details,I thought that was handeled well, they could've mentioned "car crash" if they didn't.

Other than that it was perfect, THE ENDING WAS GREAT, I think Meant To Be is definitely 1 of my most favorite songs they've ever done.

Gatsby-B-/C+, Visually it was amazing, my eyes were really treated, I loved Leo, but TObey..meh. BIGGEST complaint, the soundtrack was good for the soundtrack, and I know theres people WHO LOVE "modern music in period pieces", Scuse me, that aint me, Im sorry, but I do not like that, I like the idea of modern musicians making music to fit that sound of the period, but I don't dig rap being in this movie, it don't fit to me, and snaps me out of the period and into "oh...this is a movie" lol, And I don't like that. Call me ol fashioned but I think the music in a period piece should be in the period it's piecing. And it was a mix of what I consider artist doing that the right way and the WRONG way (I don't want to hear Jay when Im watching a movie about the 20's unless their singing big band jazz or something that would've been relevant, not "Izzo", big eye roll at that moment). And that kinda took the movie down a notch for me.

The Hobbit - A+. I just LOVE LOTR and this was great too! Cannot wait for part deux.

My Neighbors The Yamadas - D

Great animation but it was weird making that into a movie.

I want to watch that but I don't like the 'look' of it compared to Ghiblis other animations.

The Hobbit - A+. I just LOVE LOTR and this was great too! Cannot wait for part deux.

I want to watch that but I don't like the 'look' of it compared to Ghiblis other animations.

It's good animation for what it is but it was like lots of little comic strips sellotaped together. It was weird. Plus with American audio the boy sounded much younger than he did with the Japanese and that was just confusing. :lol:

The Hobbit is brilliant!

OK........got alot to review...here goes

The People Vs. Larry Flint-A+, Woody & Courtney were ROBBED by the Oscars, both of their performers were brilliant, I didn't know Courtney Love was SUCH a great actress she was wonderful, but then again she played a druggie so I assume it wasnt THAT much of a stretch, but she was really great,I completely forgot she was Courtney and I DEFINITELY forgot it was Woody Harrelson, he was great. GREAT movie. Highly recommend it

World War Z-C-/D+, OMG I was soooooo disapointed based on the reviews (like really Carrie's reviews are just OK/good, yet people are acting like WWZ changed the whole genre of Zombie movies, whic based on the reviews I was damn near expecting) WAYYYYYY too predictable, nothing new except the effects, which I give the movie points for visually it's great, and it does give it 1 new spin to a zombie movie I guess, but other than that, same shit different movie name.

Aftershock-B+, It must be said, I think Eli Roth is a REALLLLY great actor, and to me this movie shows it more than any other he's done (including Inglorious Bastards), he was my favorite performance in this, and it was done very good, it was alot of stuff going on and alot of twists & turns, and great effects.

The Girl-A, WONDERFUL movie about Hitchcock's relationship/obsession with his leading actress from The Birds. And I completely believe what she said about him lol, I don't know why but I can see him being creepily obsessed with someone, and when they don't want to indulge him he did have the power to END a career.

The Hitcher 1986- B, I see why people love this movie and HOW they can hate the remake, but I still like the remake, but this was REALLY dark and the killer/hitcher was really twisted and a great actor

The Hitcher 2- C-, it was a pretty good sequel, didn't need to exist, but it was good

The Hitcher remake- B+, theres alot of things I like more about the original, but the 1 thing I like more about the remake might move it up a lil notch, that they expanded on things, as I've said before I give points for that feat.

Campfire Tales - C, meh I expected more and scarier for what it is it's good, but I wanted it to be darker.

The Internship- C-, OMG 1 giant Google commercial, geez, it's chuckle funny, but not lol funny, Nothing I need to watch again, sadly what I call a typical Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson movie these days, it's like they don't even really try anymore, Vaughn better bring it with Anchorman, I know that for damn sure, part 1 I consider his best movie he's ever been associated with.

The Bling Ring- A, I LOVE EMMA WATSON, this movie truly showed her range. Also the boy in the movie was great too, sometimes I wonder what it's like to be that privillaged while also being that greedy and stupid and young and almost lucky if my own stupidity didn't ruin my luck and get me caught.

VHS2- D+, OK it had like 1 really scary 1 but the rest were pretty boring or lame (zombies and aliens, I don't give a flying fuck about either, so when Im watching a horror movie with them, my expectations are low and should be raised.

Dead Silence- A, WOW very well written and pretty God Damn scary to me, I thought it was done very well. Very underrated movie

Maniac (original)-D, WOW I don't really get how this movie has a real cult following. its not that good, like it has a VERY strong chill factor, and yes the concept is very original, but as the movie goes Im not that impressed.

Maniac (remake)- A, MUCH better remake than the original, Elijah Wood SLAYED, and the filming style was really original even compared to the original, this was shot in a way that the camera is the killer's (Elijah's) eye, so you're only seeing him when he looks in the mirror, THAT IS SO FUCKING COOL, and dark. I LOVE IT!

Fade To Black- B-, VERY original concept, I loved it. For those of you guys who never heard of it (like I didn't before I saw it) it's about this guy obsessed with movies, who goes on to kill people dressed as his horror villian icons, I think it needs to be remade.

Pieces-C-, It was OK, a classic "who's the killer" movie, the acting was horrible, but I always wanted to see a movie where the movie's killer's weapon was a chainsaw.

Primeval-C-, It was good/ok, the acting was alright, but the CGI crock was just too fake looking.

The Girl Next Door (horror movie)-A+, easily 1 of the darkest movies I've ever seen, and to know it's 100% a true story, not even "inspired by", NO it's the real story, is SO fucking disturbing, and its so scary to know theres just people out here like that....I dont EVER want to see this movie again by choice, that was....wow, great actors hands down, shit got too real.

Thor:The Dark World A-, I LOVE IT MORE THAN THE FIRST!!!, It was great, the minus is it starts a lil slow, was starting to get a lil dozy in the begenning. BUT it picks up nicely. Also.....LOKI STOLE EVERY SINGLE SCENE HE WAS IN, and made the movie to me, he was wonderful.