The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Her zZxclZW.pngzZxclZW.pngzZxclZW.pngzZxclZW.pngzZxclZW.png

I love and agree with everything Bailey had to say about this movie. I was captivated from start to finish. I loved that they didn't specify how far into the future it was set, and the production value was stunning. The theme of loneliness was explored beautifully, even the awkward moments you know were funny attracted only nervous laughter in my cinema because although the idea is far fetched it's still believable. And really, there are people every day ordering wives, husbands and dolls from brochures and with technology advancing it's a possibility we as a society are moving closer and closer to this kind of companionship. Joaquin was excellent in this role. I thought for sure the voice of Samantha was Rashida Jones so I was surprised to read Scarlett Johansson's name at the end. Amy Adams I'm liking more and more. This film will stay with me for a long time.

• Upvote 1

Yesssss the Queen!

tumblr_mzkmfenIRS1s6qwzfo1_250.jpg

The way he looks at her :wub:

I died when the girl from AHS said "My bed is too holy for you". Life received.

But lord - Lupita's acting :tear:. She truly should win the Oscar tbqh. Her final scenes alone >>>>>>

And I'm becoming a big fan of Jareds. Looking forward to seeing Dallas Buyers Club and the new vampire one he has coming.

After Earth - B-

I enjoyed it. Jaden was far less irritating in this movie. :lol: Plus it wasn't TOO sci-fi-y for my tastes.

I actually liked it too - I thought I wouldn't ebcause it got slammed but it shows that you shouldn't take a reviewers word 100% lol. It was actually a pretty good movie (plus I LOVE Sophie Okenedo).

I died when the girl from AHS said "My bed is too holy for you". Life received.

But lord - Lupita's acting :tear:. She truly should win the Oscar tbqh. Her final scenes alone >>>>>>

And I'm becoming a big fan of Jareds. Looking forward to seeing Dallas Buyers Club and the new vampire one he has coming.

I actually liked it too - I thought I wouldn't ebcause it got slammed but it shows that you shouldn't take a reviewers word 100% lol. It was actually a pretty good movie (plus I LOVE Sophie Okenedo).

I didn't know he had another movie coming out! I know Lupita just finished filming her second film with Liam Neeson

I didn't know he had another movie coming out! I know Lupita just finished filming her second film with Liam Neeson

Just Googled and it isn't him :(. It's the Loki dude from Thor - looked so much like Jared in the trailer :lol:

Stompin' At The Savoy- A-, Good story, GREATTTT performances (couldn't expect anything less from Vanessa Williams, Lynn Whitfield, Jasmine Guy & Vanessa Bell Calloway and Mario Van Peebles) though I will say without giving away anything I wish certain characters story's or at least what we saw got more time, it felt a lil rushed in the last act, from about everybody. For what it is it's great tho, Vanessa SLAYYYYYYYYYYED & Lynn......it could be argued she was born to play a BITCH cause she does it so well lol.

Dallas Buyers Club was so good! Matthew was amazing but Jared>>. He's always been an amazing actor but this role just went about and beyond! He deserves every award he can get!

tumblr_mzklpwyOOX1qcphkpo8_r2_250.gif

"God, when I meet you, I’m gonna look pretty if it’s the last thing I do. I’ll be a beautiful angel." :tear:

are these movies on netflix?

After Earth - B-

I enjoyed it. Jaden was far less irritating in this movie. :lol: Plus it wasn't TOO sci-fi-y for my tastes.

I liked the movie too. It wasn't bad like everybody tried to say.

I'm about to hook this laptop up to the 50inch and watch now. I love Vanessa. I wonder why it's never been released

Yea I downloaded it directly from YT. If you love Vanessa you'll LOVVVVVE this, she does it all in this (sangin & dancing), and does it all damn good too. It's just 1 of those made for TV/HBO movies that just never got it's release, except I see alot of them are on Youtube.

Yea I downloaded it directly from YT. If you love Vanessa you'll LOVVVVVE this, she does it all in this (sangin & dancing), and does it all damn good too. It's just 1 of those made for TV/HBO movies that just never got it's release, except I see alot of them are on Youtube.

Um Lynn Whitfield was wrong as fuck in this movie :umm: Also that dumb ass black girl should've went with that white man. He really loved her and wanted to marry her but she declined him just because he was gonna become a famous actor and the fact that she was black. Bitch do you know how dumb you look to every damn body? Then gon' have a anxiety attack after the fact. He could've taken your ass away from that life of cleaning houses and being the pine-sol lady for white people but nah you passed.pine-sol-1229__big.jpg

Now he done went to Hollywood and putting his stick in other chocolate women.

Um Lynn Whitfield was wrong as fuck in this movie :umm: Also that dumb ass black girl should've went with that white man. He really loved her and wanted to marry her but she declined him just because he was gonna become a famous actor and the fact that she was black. Bitch do you know how dumb you look to every damn body? Then gon' have a anxiety attack after the fact. He could've taken your ass away from that life of cleaning houses and being the pine-sol lady for white people but nah you passed.pine-sol-1229__big.jpg

Now he done went to Hollywood and putting his stick in other chocolate women.

Hell yea, I wasn't expecting Lynn to be a bitch until she didn't give Jasmine her money then it was like ".......Ooooh she's a bitch in this too". I feel bad as hell for Jasmine's character. AND YES I felt the same way about Vanessa Bell Calloway, but I know too many sad people like that, too scared about what everybody else think about what their doing...or who, but in that time she did have more reason to be but still, she let opportunity walk right out of the apartment he paid for... Vanessa was ma girl tho, I loved that character and how fuckin strong she was.

Hell yea, I wasn't expecting Lynn to be a bitch until she didn't give Jasmine her money then it was like ".......Ooooh she's a bitch in this too". I feel bad as hell for Jasmine's character. AND YES I felt the same way about Vanessa Bell Calloway, but I know too many sad people like that, too scared about what everybody else think about what their doing...or who, but in that time she did have more reason to be but still, she let opportunity walk right out of the apartment he paid for... Vanessa was ma girl tho, I loved that character and how fuckin strong she was.

who died in the movie? Was it Jasmine? At first I could almost see why this movie wasn't released cause it seemed like it was all about light skinned black girls and i'm sure a lot of blacks would've found that offensive. I love how Jasmine told that little white boy off in the bathroom when she said he likes her just cause she's a light skin black and to him she's still black but since she's light in his eyes it makes her better

who died in the movie? Was it Jasmine? At first I could almost see why this movie wasn't released cause it seemed like it was all about light skinned black girls and i'm sure a lot of blacks would've found that offensive. I love how Jasmine told that little white boy off in the bathroom when she said he likes her just cause she's a light skin black and to him she's still black but since she's light in his eyes it makes her better

Yea it was Jasmine, and nah the skin thing wasn't a issue, it got great reviews and got a bunch of Emmy nominations (I think each of the 4 actresses got 1), and I know BET & Centric plays this movie every once in a while, I guess they didn't think the VHS's/DVD's would bring in that much money. I loved that speech too