The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

I loved Philomena and completely agree, it's a harrowing true tale. Looking at the nominees for best picture, six out of nine are based on true stories which must be some kind of record.

I'll check it out, but right now Im stuck on "The Good Wife" not sure I will stick with it beyond season 1, its far too much content out here on TV and otherwise and if Im going to watch TV it better be top grade A viewing......Id rather read my Hunger Games trilogy books I bought, but I have the attention span of a 5 year old when it comes to sitting still to read.

The Paperboy - B+

Woah i was not expecting this kind of film. I liked it though. Great performances throughout.

It's very graphic isn't it? I was trying to watch it with my mum last year and that night my flatmate decided to come home with her 20 YO friend who was staying, her boyfriend AND her boyfriend's 15 YO daughter. :asham: My mum and I don't get affected by scenes like in the movie but it was safe to say that with the extra visitors I was cringing. :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

Mud - B

It seemed a bit slow but it was one of those movies that still keeps your attention. Great acting from the two boys.

It's very graphic isn't it? I was trying to watch it with my mum last year and that night my flatmate decided to come home with her 20 YO friend who was staying, her boyfriend AND her boyfriend's 15 YO daughter. :asham: My mum and I don't get affected by scenes like in the movie but it was safe to say that with the extra visitors I was cringing. :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

Mud - B

It seemed a bit slow but it was one of those movies that still keeps your attention. Great acting from the two boys.

it must be Moderator's day.....let's celebrate :w00t:

Its not exactly family viewing no :lol:

Nebraska-A+, VERY funny and very realistic movie, I loved it, if for ABSOLUTELY nothing else, for that mother, I loved her, she deserved that nom, reminds me VERY much of a more blunt version of my Great-Grandmother

American Psycho-A+, WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that was fucking brilliant and epic

American Mary-B, Loved it, needed a lil more umph, but it's a good and fascinating watch.

Dallas Buyers Club-A+, Pretty much what you all said, Matthew & Jared SLAYEEEED LIFE, forgot they both were Matthew & Jared, Oscars earned gentlemen.

• Upvote 1

Nebraska-A+, VERY funny and very realistic movie, I loved it, if for ABSOLUTELY nothing else, for that mother, I loved her, she deserved that nom, reminds me VERY much of a more blunt version of my Great-Grandmother

American Psycho-A+, WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that was fucking brilliant and epic

American Mary-B, Loved it, needed a lil more umph, but it's a good and fascinating watch.

Dallas Buyers Club-A+, Pretty much what you all said, Matthew & Jared SLAYEEEED LIFE, forgot they both were Matthew & Jared, Oscars earned gentlemen.

sounds like someone watched some damn good movies.....I still have a few Oscar nominated films I could watch I haven't

Leto was truly phenomenal!