The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

MC2Y is doing amazingly well. I didn't expect it at all. Hasn't it outsold its first week in one of the other weeks? Yeah I know, closer to Christmas etc, but I just thought people didn't care. I'm very happy.

It's funny how people always seem to come back to Mariah. I don't think she'll have another TEOM, but I think her next album will easily outsell MOAIA if she doesn't do a sloppy job after the baby (babies?). It's like, she flopped last year, and this year her Christmas album will probably outsell her last studio album. Just odd.

MC2Y is doing amazingly well. I didn't expect it at all. Hasn't it outsold its first week in one of the other weeks? Yeah I know, closer to Christmas etc, but I just thought people didn't care. I'm very happy.

It's funny how people always seem to come back to Mariah. I don't think she'll have another TEOM, but I think her next album will easily outsell MOAIA if she doesn't do a sloppy job after the baby (babies?). It's like, she flopped last year, and this year her Christmas album will probably outsell her last studio album. Just odd.

Yeah MCIIY made a good turnaround - I'm sure at this rate it'll go gold now by the end of the year. ^_^ Either way, I'm once again happy with her album. :blush:

Yep, one thing the public learned from TEOM was to never write her off. B) TEOM's sales are out of reach these days, but if everything lines up right she can surely outsell MOAIA.

GOOOOOOOOOOO MIMI! :dance: :dance: :dance:

^ My bad, it is true. It's just that the rumor has been floating around for months. :lol:

--------

Okay so MCIIY actually had a slight decrease in sales this week but an 8% difference is negligible at best. :umm: It's still in the top 20 and higher than the first week. B) The Christmas specials won't take affect until the next report.

---------

Oh yeah, and I love this! :lol: Even the entire animal kingdom knows what's up! :P

How Mariah Makes Goats Produce More Milk

Posted by Lynn on Wednesday, 15-Dec-2010, 7:22PM EST

What do goats want for Christmas? Mariah Carey music, it seems.

A farmer has discovered that by repeatedly playing her festive favourite All I Want For Christmas Is You to his herd he can increase milk production by 20 per cent.

Whenever US pop diva Mariah's 1994 record pipes up the goats immediately relax and produce around an extra pint each a day.

Angus, 57, who runs St Helen's Farm in Seaton Ross, near York, said: "We are absolutely dumbfounded by the difference playing this song has made to the goats. Our milk maids started listening to the radio when they were milking them. They immediately noticed the animals were more relaxed and started producing more milk as a result. When one of the girls brought in a CD of Christmas classics they seemed to perk up when the Mariah Carey song came on. It's really upbeat and they seem to love it. I think the staff here are sick of it now but unfortunately it works for the goats."

Angus, who runs the farm with wife Kathleen, 55, has tried treating the goats with different Christmas-themed songs. The goats like carols but Wizzard's I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday actually slowed down production and The Christmas Song by The Chipmonks brought it to a halt.

St Helen's Farm milks 2,000 goats. Each produces about three litres a day...or three and a half litres if Mariah is playing.

Source: Express UK

LMAO at Mariah shading the new divas (except nicki minaj & beyonce)

http://bit.ly/f2J0h2

Who do you admire out of the new breed of divas?

I don’t really follow every new act — they come out constantly. There are so many, it’s often hard to keep track, and sometimes they’re here today and gone tomorrow. I admire my friends, like Beyonce and Nicki Minaj — people who seem destined to be doing this for a living with longevity.