'Ugly Betty' Actor In Custody For Decapitating Mother With Samurai Sword

TwistedElegance™

2ut6uk5.jpg

Michael Brea — an actor who appeared on the ABC hit Ugly Betty and the dance flick Step-Up 3-D — was taken into custody Tuesday morning in Brooklyn for allegedly killing his mother with a 3-foot long samurai sword, TMZ reports.

Michael has been accused of chopping his mother’s head off with a samurai sword while screaming biblical passages, according to the police, via TMZ, who say the scene was “extremely bloody.”

The victim has been identified as 55-year-old Yannick Brea. She was dead when officers arrived at the scene at 2:20 a.m this morning.

Cops found a hysterical Michael holding a bible, TMZ reports. A taser was needed to calm the actor before he was taken to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation.

“I hear the brother chasing her [his mother] through the house and he’s just saying a bunch of [bible] passages like, ‘Repent, Repent, Repent,’ ” a neighbor told WPIX 11.

The neighbor continued, “I heard him chasing her through the house and I hear a loud scream and so I have my father call the cops, call 911.”

Michael has not been formally charged or arrested at this time, but will be taken to the NYPD after his psychiatric evaluation is complete.

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/11/ugly-betty-actor-michael-brea-accused-of-killing-mother-with-samurai-sword/

That is so, so sad.

“I hear the brother chasing her [his mother] through the house and he’s just saying a bunch of [bible] passages like, ‘Repent, Repent, Repent,’ ” a neighbor told WPIX 11.

Shouldn't have been playing Kill Bill mixed with For Colored Girls :smh:

Seriously, that's some mess :mellow: I swear I don't remember him on UB though :unsure:

Had to be like an extra walking by. And I didn't see him in Step Up 3D either :umm: I checked IMDB and they don't have him at all :unsure:

Maybe. :unsure:

I was cringing so hard through Step Up 3D I could've easily missed him. The story sounds better if they tag the actor with his roles, but maybe they really had to reach this time.

Maybe. :unsure:

I was cringing so hard through Step Up 3D I could've easily missed him. The story sounds better if they tag the actor with his roles, but maybe they really had to reach this time.

:lmao: I hated the new people and their storyline in SU3D. I love those light-up outfits though :wub: They're truly reaching this time...he doesn't even have a Wiki page.

:lmao: I hated the new people and their storyline in SU3D. I love those light-up outfits though :wub: They're truly reaching this time...he doesn't even have a Wiki page.

The storyline was a page ripped straight outta Predictable Movie Plots For Dummies. "Dude, they're gonna evict us - we could lose the loft!" "Julian is the new bitch's brother" and blah blah blah. Yeah, some of the outfits and moves were cool, but ugh, it was painful. :lol:

The storyline was a page ripped straight outta Predictable Movie Plots For Dummies. "Dude, they're gonna evict us - we could lose the loft!" "Julian is the new bitch's brother" and blah blah blah. Yeah, some of the outfits and moves were cool, but ugh, it was painful. :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:Moose was looking cute to me though...had more attention more than the "eye candy" guys :ph34r:

Oh he was hot, but Moose could have got it too :whistle: I did know the ho that used to date one of the old PCD members played Julian...that's when I lost interest :sigh:

Oh. I didn't know that either. The lead girl is an Aussie, she was on a famous soap here for years and this is like her first big Hollywood break.