At 22 Will Rihanna be the artist to top Mariah Carey in number one singles...?

King Baby

Well?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What you think?

• Yes
    • No
    • It ain't a competition you dumb ass Nuklehid!

you coming in here and wanting to debate with me proves it deal with it

it is what it is she has 9 #1 songs

now what

we in the digital age

the 90's was 20 years ago

and if you so sick of it just shut up about it

Bzebabe is right! Having a number 1 today vs a number 1 10, 20 or 30 yrs ago is like Janet having 8 real diamond rings, vs Rihannas 9 diamonte rings, but because they both sparkle you are saying they are the same. Diamonte is easy to get, Diamonds are not.

A superstar can sell albums, singles, tours, - the whole deal. These days the gurls seem to ba able to do one or the other but not all 3 so lets not even try to pretend they are in the same league as the Divas ever were. At Madonna or Janets peak, if things were as they are today, every single one of Janets songs would have been number one. She would be having about 30.

Exactly! And lets be fair, if Susan Boyle, Eminem, Kanye, Taylor Swift can sell huge amounts of albums then surely the "hottest chicks in the game" should be able to too, but they can't. so obviously they aren't that hot. By albums sales, SuBo is the hottest chick in the game :coffee:

but who said she was the hottest chick in the game i never said that :fail:

and this era just started for rihanna when it's over i will be sweeping up your face again

I will let you guys bitch among yourselves going to my other forum where we are celebrating :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you have no choice cuz nobody in here is making shit up and you have nothing to say...go celebrate boo...i'm celebrating for all these artists out now..as I said before, if they are giving shit out wholesale, by all means, get yours

you have no choice cuz nobody in here is making shit up and you have nothing to say...go celebrate boo...i'm celebrating for all these artists out now..as I said before, if they are giving shit out wholesale, by all means, get yours

LOL i feel you. I don't think there is anything wrong with being realistic about an artist. I like Rihanna especially the last few albums. She can make some hot hooks, and do some fun tracks in the studio that appeal to alot of people. I am not shocked that her singles sell well or are popular. But, I am realistic as to her actual talent level and knowing she is a studio artist, her best work is in the studio only. I don't think there is wrong with anyone saying that or bashing her.

It is the truth she is a subpar performer who gets by it isnt hating she can have 50 number 1s for all I care if she can keep prodcing goods in the studio. I just would never pay to see her live.

Exactly! And lets be fair, if Susan Boyle, Eminem, Kanye, Taylor Swift can sell huge amounts of albums then surely the "hottest chicks in the game" should be able to too, but they can't. so obviously they aren't that hot. By albums sales, SuBo is the hottest chick in the game :coffee:

Subo is that fattest, ugliest and oldest chick in the game but the hottest she ain't :excited:

lol it's not a matter of "carrying" lol...i'm just sick and tired of hearing people say shit about "hating" on these churren that ain't got no damn receipts to show...you can "hate" on Whitney, you can "hate" on Janet, you can "hate" on Tina, you can "hate" on Mariah...how the fuck can you "hate" on any of these lil girls and boys out now??? those people that I names have receipts from Harrods, these churren now a days have Dollar Store receipts...how the fuck can you "hate" on dollar store receipts???

You's just an ig'nant heffa. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't think that child understands. #1s really don't mean anything. Can you really compare a #1 from the 90s when the Hot 100 was 80% airplay and 20% singles sale PLUS a song couldn't chart if it didn't have a commercial release, versus a neo Hot-100 that's 55% airplay and 45% singles sales and 5% streams (or something like that)???? :wtf::fail: #1s really don't mean anything at this point because you can release a song, it'll sell 300k first week and debut at #1 then slide off the charts just weeks later.

You's just an ig'nant heffa. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't think that child understands. #1s really don't mean anything. Can you really compare a #1 from the 90s when the Hot 100 was 80% airplay and 20% singles sale PLUS a song couldn't chart if it didn't have a commercial release, versus a neo Hot-100 that's 55% airplay and 45% singles sales and 5% streams (or something like that)???? :wtf::fail: #1s really don't mean anything at this point because you can release a song, it'll sell 300k first week and debut at #1 then slide off the charts just weeks later.

excuse me I know exactly what it means but we are not in the 90's no more

and rihanna songs dont slide off the charts

and some of you say she's not making history write billboard

To weeks after topping the Billboard Hot 100 with "What's My Name?" (featuring Drake), Rihanna will return to No. 1 on the chart released Thursday (Nov. 25) with "Only Girl (In the World)," the debut single from her new album, "Loud."

It's the first time in Hot 100 history that an album's debut single reaches No. 1 after the second single does. "What's My Name" dips 7-8 on the Hot 100, though it does take the Airplay Gainer for a fourth straight week. "Loud, meanwhile, debuts at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.

"Only Girl" is Rihanna's fourth single to ascend to No. 1 in 2010, making her the first female, and first artist overall since Usher in 2004, to hit the top that many times in a single calendar year. Rihanna also moves to the forefront for most No. 1s in the millennium (since 2000), as "Only Girl" is her ninth track to lead the list. She had been tied with Usher for the past two weeks, with eight chart-toppers since 2000. http://www.billboard.com/news/rihanna-s-only-girl-rebounds-to-no-1-on-1004130511.story?tag=hpfeed#/news/rihanna-s-only-girl-rebounds-to-no-1-on-1004130511.story?tag=hpfeed

You're right, we aren't in the 90s. But you can't compare the two standards as if they're on the same playing field when they are NOT.

Stop reaching for accomplishments.

you clearly have no understanding of what people mean when they say these artists today are not making history...when people talk about making history, they are talking about what impact an artist is having in the grand scheme of things...how much have they changed music...how big of an impact have their songs and albums made...will they be remembered like the greats that came before them...are they making historical material, songs that will be played and enjoyed 20, 30, 40 years from now...there are artists now a days who break billboard records every single day...biggest jump to number one, etc...but no one consider these artists to be great, nor do they consider them to be "making history"...I mean seriously, I refuse to beleive that you don't know what people mean when they say that artists of today are not making history or won't be remembered and placed in the same category of the greats that came before them...you don't seem to be this dense

and stop trying to down play them too

as I said before, NO ONE PERSON IS DOWNPLAYING THEM!!! the current state of music is what is downplaying these accomplishments, not people...the way music is allows for these artists to achieve number one success much easier than those in the past, for that reason, people do not look at them the same or take them as serious...this isn't something that is that hard to understand...we are not living in the 90's anymore, yes, but music is also not looked upon in the same light anymore...it cannot go both ways...it's like going to college..if you get an A at Harvard and an A at Everest, the Harvard A will always beat out the Everest A

you clearly have no understanding of what people mean when they say these artists today are not making history...when people talk about making history, they are talking about what impact an artist is having in the grand scheme of things...how much have they changed music...how big of an impact have their songs and albums made...will they be remembered like the greats that came before them...are they making historical material, songs that will be played and enjoyed 20, 30, 40 years from now...there are artists now a days who break billboard records every single day...biggest jump to number one, etc...but no one consider these artists to be great, nor do they consider them to be "making history"...I mean seriously, I refuse to beleive that you don't know what people mean when they say that artists of today are not making history or won't be remembered and placed in the same category of the greats that came before them...you don't seem to be this dense

but you have to understand we dont live in those times any more and the artist that are consider great now wasnt back in the day they were pop

the young kids that are coming up now will not remember the greats that we know Janet Madonna etc. sad to say they will remember artist like Beyonce Gaga Rihanna Ke$ha katy perry etc it is what it is

when Janet Madonna Mariah were at the top of their game they were getting the same critique you guys give these artist now

people would bash mariah for putting out an album every year and being married to the president of her record company they even said she was payloa

they would bash janet say she couldnt sing and she was trying to be like her brother

people said that madonna was a media whore

but you have to understand we dont live in those times any more and the artist that are consider great now wasnt back in the day they were pop

the young kids that are coming up now will not remember the greats that we know Janet Madonna etc. sad to say they will remember artist like Beyonce Gaga Rihanna Ke$ha katy perry etc it is what it is

read my last post in the thread to understand what I am saying

they're are some artists that will always be remembered when talking about music history...they might not be talked about as much as they are now, but when it comes to naming all time greats, their names will always be there, while, the majority of the artists out now will not be...people like Beyonce and Usher, as it stand right now, will no doubt be remembered as people who had an impact for certain period of time, but as far as all time greats? I highly doubt that