At 22 Will Rihanna be the artist to top Mariah Carey in number one singles...?

King Baby

Well?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What you think?

• Yes
    • No
    • It ain't a competition you dumb ass Nuklehid!

Umm J.Lo has hits that ARE rememberable :umm: "If You Had My Love", "Waiting for Tonight", "Love Don't Cost a Thing", "Play", "I'm Real", "Jenny From The Block", and "All I Have".

Rihanna has "Umbrella" and possibly "Disturbia"...as far as features, "Live Your Life" and possibly "Love The Way You Lie".

You can't compare the two.

Im not saying that J.Los hits wont be remembered, I am saying her popularity and number 1s didnt give her legendary status because she disappeared quite quickly and she didn't have much of an impact on the industry. Kinda like Rihanna.

as i always said everyone is entitled to their own opinion on what is good and what's not

I guess you dont know what was said about the ones you think are great now back in the day and i'm not talking about the 90's :sigh:

OMFG! I did not say that, I said that there are definitely artists that face different levels of criticism, not that they didn't face any criticism, I swear you have selective vision...who the hell is talking about the 90's??? what does a time period have to do with anything? notice I left the topic of Janet, Madonna etc alone after you said they received the same level of criticism...I asked you a simple question, do you beleive that every artist out today face the same level of criticism as their peers...simple question! I didn't say they did or didn't, I asked if you felt they did

so true but you guys are speaking for the younger generation when you are not so we cant say what she will be remember for

AND ONCE YOU HAVE A SCANDAL YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR THAT MORE THAT WHAT YOU ACCOMPLISHED

EXAMPLE

JANET - SUPERBOWL SCANDAL

BRITNEY SPEARS - NERVOUS BREAK DOWN SHAVING HEAD

RIHANNA - CHRIS BROWN BEAT DOWN

:umm:

OMFG! I did not say that, I said that there are definitely artists that face different levels of criticism, not that they didn't face any criticism, I swear you have selective vision...who the hell is talking about the 90's??? what does a time period have to do with anything? notice I left the topic of Janet, Madonna etc alone after you said they received the same level of criticism...I asked you a simple question, do you beleive that every artist out today face the same level of criticism as their peers...simple question! I didn't say they did or didn't, I asked if you felt they did

time period has a lot to do with it because you talking about something with the lack of knowing and to answer your question some get the critique more than other as i said opinions

:umm:

I agree with that, but there are artist who will be defined by their scandal, while some will be remembered for both their accomplishments and their scandal...MJ was scandal KING, but I don't think his scandal will define him...it will most certainly be remembered, but it will be remembered in addition to his musical accomplishments....while my girl Brit Brit...just lawd hammercy

Im not saying that J.Los hits wont be remembered, I am saying her popularity and number 1s didnt give her legendary status because she disappeared quite quickly and she didn't have much of an impact on the industry. Kinda like Rihanna.

Okay. I think the reason why I really don't see it because during J.Lo's quick rise to fame before she quickly fell off, not only did she have hit songs but her albums were also hits and some of her movies were too. Right now Rihanna only has one hit album while most her of fame comes from being a singles artist.

I agree with that, but there are artist who will be defined by their scandal, while some will be remembered for both their accomplishments and their scandal...MJ was scandal KING, but I don't think his scandal will define him...it will most certainly be remembered, but it will be remembered in addition to his musical accomplishments....while my girl Brit Brit...just lawd hammercy

Agreed.

Tbh, I think Britney will be remembered for more than her scandals, as well.

DJ, sis. You're stanning way too hard :sigh: It's just getting silly at this point.

I'm not even talking about Rihanna this has nothing to do with her

I agree with everything you guys are saying about her

I'm talking about the music artist that are out now compared to the old one

they got the same hate or critique that the new ones get

time period has a lot to do with it because you talking about something with the lack of knowing and to answer your question some get the critique more than other as i said opinions

I was not arguing a point...I dropped that Janet and Madonna topic when you said they received the same level of criticism...that was that...you said they did...there are probably others who would say they didn't...it's all what you feel and saw...you saw that, so it was what it was and I took it as that...so lack of knowing what? the point was not up for argument in the first place...and no shit it's opinion, that's what I asked you, for your opinion on the subject...which you said the same thing as I did, there are artists that receive a different level of criticism than others

Okay. I think the reason why I really don't see it because during J.Lo's quick rise to fame before she quickly fell off, not only did she have hit songs but her albums were also hits and some of her movies were too. Right now Rihanna only has one hit album while most her of fame comes from being a singles artist.

SO in conclusion, she isn't even on J.Lo's level >_<

SO in conclusion, she isn't even on J.Lo's level >_<

Sadly -_- J.Lo is basically the Paula Abdul of the 2000s, and we know how both J.Lo and P.A. had both hit songs and albums to match during their quick rise and fall (add movies to J.Lo). Rihanna's racking up the hit singles, but is struggling to get another hit album.

I was not arguing a point...I dropped that Janet and Madonna topic when you said they received the same level of criticism...that was that...you said they did...there are probably others who would say they didn't...it's all what you feel and saw...you saw that, so it was what it was and I took it as that...so lack of knowing what? the point was not up for argument in the first place...and no shit it's opinion, that's what I asked you, for your opinion on the subject

and everything you said about the music industry i agree on but it is what it is i knew the industry changed when i saw a comment on one of Janet's old videos and someone said she was trying to be like Britney i was like :wtf:

and everything you said about the music industry i agree on but it is what it is i knew the industry changed when i saw a comment on one of Janet's old videos and someone said she was trying to be like Britney i was like :wtf:

I think everyone agrees about the industry, what people are saying is simply that because of the way the industry is, naturally, the accomplishments of this generation will be looked upon as "less than"...it might not be their fault directly, but they certainly reap the benefits of having some what of a diluted industry to work with...and I use benefits loosely, because I don't think it will be very beneficial to their careers in the long run...and that's really sad, because you do have artists who put out great music that might hit number one, but then the next week Flo Rida sells 92346246216546542 copies of Low and they artist that got number one with the good song gets the side eye along with the Flo Rida's of the world

Agreed.

Tbh, I think Britney will be remembered for more than her scandals, as well.

That's because Britney, like Rihanna, isn't taken seriously as an artist. Hell even Forbes called her the tabloids favorite little train wreck. :wacko: Whereas ppl like Mike, Janet, and Whitney have a career that precedes their scandals that can force ppl to overlook their scandal.

Even if she does catch up, it wouldn't matter as far as the music itself goes. At least back in the 90s when a song went to #1, people actually heard it. :lol: Legends like Mariah and Janet made quality music that will be a million times more timeless than Rihanna's when all's said and done. I can still hear them on the radio 10, 15, 20 years later. Rihanna is okay like a piece of candy, but these legends are the full meals. B)

That's because Britney, like Rihanna, isn't taken seriously as an artist. Hell even Forbes called her the tabloids favorite little train wreck. :wacko: Whereas ppl like Mike, Janet, and Whitney have a career that precedes their scandals that can force ppl to overlook their scandal.

well.... MJ.. not so much... well only cuz he's dead

Number 1s these days don't count like they used to.

None of todays girls can compete with Janet Mariah Madonna and Celine, who could all sell singles and albums. Poor Rihanna has had about 5 albums and only managed to sell 12 million ww :excited:

Mariah's era was the easiest way tho to get a number 1 tho

it was almost all based on radio play...

it was way harder in the 70's and 80's to get a number 1

when Janet Madonna Mariah were at the top of their game they were getting the same critique you guys give these artist now

people would bash mariah for putting out an album every year and being married to the president of her record company they even said she was payloa

they would bash janet say she couldnt sing and she was trying to be like her brother

people said that madonna was a media whore

AND A SLUT

when Janet Madonna Mariah were at the top of their game they were getting the same critique you guys give these artist now

people would bash mariah for putting out an album every year and being married to the president of her record company they even said she was payloa

they would bash janet say she couldnt sing and she was trying to be like her brother

people said that madonna was a media whore

AND A SLUT

And a irrelevant flop bitch :coffee:

Oh wait, that was just me.... :whistle: