"A Star Is Born" to be Beyonce's breakthrough role?

Kim

Does Beyonce have the acting chops to deliver the performance of her career (so far) in this remake?

She's following the likes of Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland and Janet Gaynor. :umm:

Clint Eastwood will be directing it, and some big name actors are rumored to be the male lead. Last I read was Leo. :cheer:

I just know she better not touch Evergreen. :filenails:

I thought Dreamgilrs was suppose to be her "BREAKTHROUGH" role.

I thought Cadillac Records was suppose to be her "BREATHROUGH" role.

:umm:

Dreamgirls was, but J-Hud snatched the moment from her. :filenails:

I heard Cadillac Records was a huge mess. Didn't Etta shut down that role with her disapproval? :unsure:

No, no, no. I don't approve of this not one bit. Judy and Barbra both made this movie a beloved for me. It's in my Hall of Fame twice. Janet's turn made it a nominee again. I don't want her touching this movie. Sorry, but no. Unless she's been spending a hell of alot of one-on-one time with an acting coach, I don't want her touching this classic. Sorry. :filenails:

Sorry for the mini-rant, I'm picky as hell about my remakes from classics. :filenails:

omg i was just about to post i wish her ass would stop trying to act

Im not mad see sum folks that stan for her will come at us because we Janet fans, and try to say we hating, but Janet doesn't even go for trying to steal the whole damn movie, she will do a role here and there and get her feet wet, Beyonce wanna be Meryl Streep, Diana Ross, Bill gates, and everything else rolled into one. Im like no gurl, sit down, jack of all trades master of none.

No, no, no. I don't approve of this not one bit. Judy and Barbra both made this movie a beloved for me. It's in my Hall of Fame twice. Janet's turn made it a nominee again. I don't want her touching this movie. Sorry, but no. Unless she's been spending a hell of alot of one-on-one time with an acting coach, I don't want her touching this classic. Sorry. :filenails:

Sorry for the mini-rant, I'm picky as hell about my remakes from classics. :filenails:

That's another issue they wanna remake every fucking thing Im tired of this shit, I almost feel like everyone should start speaking up and telling Hollywood stop fucking wit our classics, leave them alone go back to the drawing board and come up with something new, they wanna remake EVERYTHING, and Im real ya'll I wouldn't be as pissed if they remade sum shit and did better, but most of the time they fuck up these classics.

If she ain't singing... It's a pointless attempt

she is not an actress, I don't think she is all that bright necessarily, she is gutsy, but has she even taken acting classes? Has she tried to find rolls that fit her abilities now as opposed to the inflated ego she got going? Gurl sat down already hell you still aint even made a album better than yo debut chile and singing is yo ace.

That's another issue they wanna remake every fucking thing Im tired of this shit, I almost feel like everyone should start speaking up and telling Hollywood stop fucking wit our classics, leave them alone go back to the drawing board and come up with something new, they wanna remake EVERYTHING, and Im real ya'll I wouldn't be as pissed if they remade sum shit and did better, but most of the time they fuck up these classics.

They think they can make new audiences love them again by adding more HD and effects and recent actors and all that bullshit. Unless you are going to stick with the original plot and development, Class A actors/actresses, and don't try and change too much, we are not havin' it. I'd rather watch a black and white Blockbuster than a HD color remake anyday. Especially if it isn't done right. Shit, New Generation my ass. :filenails:

:lol:

They think they can make new audiences love them again by adding more HD and effects and recent actors and all that bullshit. Unless you are going to stick with the original plot and development, Class A actors/actresses, and don't try and change too much, we are not havin' it. I'd rather watch a black and white Blockbuster than a HD color remake anyday. Especially if it isn't done right. Shit, New Generation my ass. :filenails:

that's just lazy you wanna honor the classics let them see those and not your version.

I think Clint Eastwood could actually bring out the actor in Beyonce. He seems like he is a no bullshit type of guy and wants only the best out of his cast. Should be interesting.

Hopefully he can. Bey's acting is shoddy. But it will be interesting since he's an Academy Award darling.

she is not an actress, I don't think she is all that bright necessarily, she is gutsy, but has she even taken acting classes? Has she tried to find rolls that fit her abilities now as opposed to the inflated ego she got going? Gurl sat down already hell you still aint even made a album better than yo debut chile and singing is yo ace.

:clapping:

Hopefully he can. Bey's acting is shoddy. But it will be interesting since he's an Academy Award darling.

i just hope Beyonce is ready for him because she is gonna have to channel more than just Sasha Fierce to pull this one off. She better contact Marnee from Bon Temps for some advice. :coffee::huh:

i just hope Beyonce is ready for him because she is gonna have to channel more than just Sasha Fierce to pull this one off. She better contact Marnee from Bon Temps for some advice. :coffee::huh:

You know what.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never seen the other two..and I don't plan on seeing this one.

Archived