Do you think Rihanna, Gaga and Beyonce have peaked yet...?

King Baby

It gave me a great laugh that morning. A perfect way to start off a day :thumbup:

They should have worked on her voice more for that single...it was just horrible :& I use to say Rihanna was a hit or miss, but she's been missing ever since that 2010 AMAs performance :sigh: I will say that lip sync to "California King Bed" for AI was on point.

I don't think there's any hope for Rihbuke. Her voice is just good enough for hooks, and definitely not good enough to carry a melody. She can carry a tune, but over time her voice just becomes annoying.

I don't think there's any hope for Rihbuke. Her voice is just good enough for hooks, and definitely not good enough to carry a melody. She can carry a tune, but over time her voice just becomes annoying.

What I really don't like about Rihanna and her "vocals" is that she uses that accent mostly whenever she's trying to act hard or whatnot for a song.

What I really don't like about Rihanna and her "vocals" is that she uses that accent mostly whenever she's trying to act hard or whatnot for a song.

Her accents helps her with giving pop hits and some type of "flavor" to her sound and music. Other than that, her voice is pretty blah.

Gaga is the only one of those that has peaked.

Rihanna is seemingly unstoppable. Love her or hate her, she's still going strong. I thought Rated R signaled the end of her career but Loud has proven her to be a real album seller. It's already at 5M worldwide. She's got a big lead on Katy, who released before her and has more hits. I don't even expect Beyoncé to outsell her this year.

Bey hasn't peaked either, though. She always brings something interesting.

Gaga is the only one of those that has peaked.

Rihanna is seemingly unstoppable. Love her or hate her, she's still going strong. I thought Rated R signaled the end of her career but Loud has proven her to be a real album seller. It's already at 5M worldwide. She's got a big lead on Katy, who released before her and has more hits. I don't even expect Beyoncé to outsell her this year.

Bey hasn't peaked either, though. She always brings something interesting.

Ill just add my opinion on this post

I dont think Gaga's peaked but shes DANGEROUSLY close. Not only are we not shocked anymore but we're getting restless. having said that... shes accomplished alot in such a little time. its gonna take alot to shut her down. her saving grace is that shes definitely more talented than most of the digital era girls & thats ultimately what its gonna have to come down to. I think most of us can admit that shes talented & we'd appreciate her at least for one album w/o all the extras.

Rihanna's album is a 4.4 million last time I checked WW & although Rated R could have been the end of her, her team did well with Loud & shes proven to be a charming act by letting her sass show a little more & in turn making her more likable to people who may not have cared for her at all (IE- Me). In a more general sense Ive always found Rihanna's success interesting because shes never really "slayed" anyone or anything nor is she that big of a force. She is successful & does well for herself, but the cost far outweighs the demand.

10 #1 singles yet...

most of them need to have a collaborator or you on a collaboration to do multiple weeks?

no #1 album?

only ONE multi platinum album (which only went double platinum btw...) out of 5 & a grand total of 5.5 domestically?

only TWO are really considered "smashes"but under the condition they needed to be re-released?

& yes shes outsold Katy with less time, but I should hope so given shes had 5 albums worth of people buying her albums thus far.

Or do you think the best is yet to come?

Rihanna - I think everyone (including her stans and Rihanna herself) is surprised about the type of success she's continuing to have....so I don't think she's peaked commercially.

Gaga - This is a difficult one for me. She's considered by the media to be currently the biggest pop star in the world, but alot of people are tired or becoming tired with her gimmicks. For now, I'm going to say no. She probably won't sale 1 million+ first week (unless another major company slashes the price of her cd to less than dollar, lol) but that doesn't mean she's reached her peak commercially.

Beyonce - She's coming into her own as an artist, but it's not translating into sales. Yes, she sold 300k first week, but she's a major artist, so it's almost expected. The true test will come in the future. What will the album move in the upcoming weeks and months? Artistically, this is her "Velvet Rope" (though they can't be compared AT ALL, IMO), but does she have a "Together Again" on this project to basically breathe new life into it?

Rihanna - I think everyone (including her stans and Rihanna herself) is surprised about the type of success she's continuing to have....so I don't think she's peaked commercially.

Gaga - This is a difficult one for me. She's considered by the media to be currently the biggest pop star in the world, but alot of people are tired or becoming tired with her gimmicks. For now, I'm going to say no. She probably won't sale 1 million+ first week (unless another major company slashes the price of her cd to less than dollar, lol) but that doesn't mean she's reached her peak commercially.

Beyonce - She's coming into her own as an artist, but it's not translating into sales. Yes, she sold 300k first week, but she's a major artist, so it's almost expected. The true test will come in the future. What will the album move in the upcoming weeks and months? Artistically, this is her "Velvet Rope" (though they can't be compared AT ALL, IMO), but does she have a "Together Again" on this project to basically breathe new life into it?

What is her "Together Again"?

I don't think Rihanna has peaked..she'll continue to evolve and people will still buy her music.

Googoo hasn't peaked yet. Her new album isn't horrible, but it still isn't great. Her next album will be the album that will make or break her.

Thiefyonce has peaked. Because she is a good performer and stuff, she can still tour and make money.

I don't think Rihanna has peaked..she'll continue to evolve and people will still buy her music.

Googoo hasn't peaked yet. Her new album isn't horrible, but it still isn't great. Her next album will be the album that will make or break her.

Thiefyonce has peaked. Because she is a good performer and stuff, she can still tour and make money.

I don't think beyonce has peaked. She has yet to release that great album that justifies her hype.

The one thing about beyonce is she is such a good performer, a really great performance doesn't amaze people anymore. Its expected from her. If Kelly Rowland pulls out a good show, she gets a lot more notice because its unexpected as in the BET Awards.

Perfection might work against Beyonce.

I don't think beyonce has peaked. She has yet to release that great album that justifies her hype.The one thing about beyonce is she is such a good performer, a really great performance doesn't amaze people anymore. Its expected from her. If Kelly Rowland pulls out a good show, she gets a lot more notice because its unexpected as in the BET Awards.

Perfection might work against Beyonce.

Some say "4" is her best album..her stans anyway..but I don't see it happening..

Ill just add my opinion on this post

I dont think Gaga's peaked but shes DANGEROUSLY close. Not only are we not shocked anymore but we're getting restless. having said that... shes accomplished alot in such a little time. its gonna take alot to shut her down. her saving grace is that shes definitely more talented than most of the digital era girls & thats ultimately what its gonna have to come down to. I think most of us can admit that shes talented & we'd appreciate her at least for one album w/o all the extras.

Rihanna's album is a 4.4 million last time I checked WW & although Rated R could have been the end of her, her team did well with Loud & shes proven to be a charming act by letting her sass show a little more & in turn making her more likable to people who may not have cared for her at all (IE- Me). In a more general sense Ive always found Rihanna's success interesting because shes never really "slayed" anyone or anything nor is she that big of a force. She is successful & does well for herself, but the cost far outweighs the demand.

10 #1 singles yet...

most of them need to have a collaborator or you on a collaboration to do multiple weeks?

no #1 album?

only ONE multi platinum album (which only went double platinum btw...) out of 5 & a grand total of 5.5 domestically?

only TWO are really considered "smashes"but under the condition they needed to be re-released?

& yes shes outsold Katy with less time, but I should hope so given shes had 5 albums worth of people buying her albums thus far.

I completely agree with you on Gaga, aside from how she's DEFINITELY peaked. She'll still have success now and in the future, but she will never see Fame Monster-type cultural dominance again. It's just like how Britney peaked with her first era but has still been successful years after it.

I don't know what point you're trying to make on Rihanna. I'm not even a big fan of hers but you're basically proving my point. She's never been REALLY big. She's never been important. But she has been slowly gaining traction all over the world. I think her career has only been going up in the last few years, so she hasn't peaked.

And Loud hasn't been rereleased yet. :unsure: It probably will be, so it will probably match GGGB:R's worldwide sales in a much lower sales climate, which is great.

IMO, "Run The World" was her TA in terms of success that they were expecting it to have, but it just didn't work...at all. lol

Maybe "End of Time" (is that the 2nd single :unsure: ) will be the hit this album desperately needs.

LOL "Best I Never Had" is the 2nd single

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::w00t:

I don't Rihanna's peaked yet. I think she has one more album before her career starts to stifle. In my eyes, she's like the Paula Abdul of the new generation. I guarantee you there's probably going to be a new face within the next two years that's going to drag Rihanna by her red wig. She's going to have a great image, a decent sound and cute beats.

GaGa hasn't peaked yet. I think she'll be headed towards the Madonna 90's curse though where people aren't as keen on her. She'll continue to have success in the next five years but someone's going to give her a run for her money.

I think musically Beyonce has far from peaked but I don't see her selling over 5 million ever again. I think her high point is going to come from making music and touring. She may even have larger success in film although she's not that great of an actress.

I agree with most of this, especially on Gaga. However, I can never predict Rihanna's future. One thing she has proved to me is that she will get #1s as easy as Madonna's cooch got dick in the 90s.

Everyone wrote Rihanna off, even after the success of Rude Boy as someone who was fading. Hell, I thought she was burned out as well. But, the bitch comes flying back and gets 4 more #1 hits and is arguably the artist of 2010. The bitch also just passed Gaga in facebook likes, over 40 + million, get it gurl. :wub: