IF YOU WERE AN ARTISTS WHAT WOULD UR SIGNATURE SOUND OR GENRE WOULD BE?

janetDAYZ

Describe what type of sound or genre that would embody who you are as an artist. Would you be pop,r&b,rock,etc ..or would you fuse two genres together? And post an example (whether it be an instrumental or an actual song of an artist) of what would come close to what you're tryna convey.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have a strong love for r&b mid-slow tempo music yet I have this infinity towards edgy sounding music. I would want my sound to have an urban foundation with a flair of a rock sound influenced by heavy guitars. I would want my sound to fuse r&b and rock ,if you will.

MY EXAMPLE

:lol: @ the very idea of me being a recording artist, but anyways...

My sound would be all over the place because that's how I am... all over the place. I'd experiment with almost all genres (classical, rock, African, etc.), but center around R&B and rap though... I'd definitely be underground rather than mainstream. I guess the closest sounding musically would be Prince; "Thieves in the Temple" (the extended version) immediately comes to mind. Obviously not exactly like that, but again it's just the closest. :lol: Plus I'd be pretty unconventional like he was with all songs on one track and use of symbols in his titles, but I'd use my own unconventional ways (i.e. I have one album idea where each song is in one of the 12 standard musical keys lol). The vibe of my sound would be mostly random, quirky and comical (so maybe a bit of Biz Markie in there too lol) cheering up my 3 potential music listeners through humor. ^_^:P

I would start out as R&B/Rock...then crossover to Pop/Rock with a touch of either Country, R&B or Latin...depending on the song.

I have a strong love for r&b mid-slow tempo music yet I have this infinity towards edgy sounding music. I would want my sound to have an urban foundation with a flair of a rock sound influenced by heavy guitars. I would want my sound to fuse r&b and rock ,if you will.

MY EXAMPLE

I LOVE!!!! that song! :excited:

He wishes...bitch knows he'd try to be MJ. Don't know why he's trying to front.

Well I think all artists like certain artists but that's not the type of music you would make, ya know, or the type of image you would have :unsure: and let's face it, he aint no MJ :coffee: You'd have to have a lot of GALL to say anyone like Janet, Michael etc :lol:

Well I think all artists like certain artists but that's not the type of music you would make, ya know, or the type of image you would have :unsure: and let's face it, he aint no MJ :coffee: You'd have to have a lot of GALL to say anyone like Janet, Michael etc :lol:

He would...you know he's said some of the most delusional things ever -_-

:yawn:

just playin. :whistle: So you'd be a crooner type, like Robin Thicke :unsure: Of course the first example I think of is white laffy.gif

Yes, like a crooner...

Bilal, Erykah Badu, Musiq Soulchild, D'Angelo, Jill Scott...artists like that.

I think I would be more "underground" but with a core audience of supporters.

He wishes...bitch knows he'd try to be MJ. Don't know why he's trying to front.

:rolleyes: No I would't :sigh:

THANK YOU...

I love Mike and Janet, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just recreate everything they did. :coffee:

He would...you know he's said some of the most delusional things ever -_-

For a change, I'm actually being serious in a thread... bitch <_<

that's true I forgot who we were talking about, Mr Delusions-of-Grandeur himself :lmao:

Don't co-sign his BS. :rolleyes: