Beyonce beats Taylor Swift in ‘Thanksgiving’ TV Ratings…

DJ Y2K Malone™

Beyonce_and_Taylor_Swift_2009_VMA.jpg

Superstars Beyonce and Taylor Swift, two of music’s biggest forces today, both had TV Specials that came on last night during Thanksgiving. ‘Taylor Swift: Speak Now’ aired at 8pm whilst Beyoncé’s ‘I Am… World Tour’ Special aired at 9:30. The broadcast featured appearances by both Kanye West and husband Jay-Z.

Beyonce was reportedly a bigger draw than Swift, which is not that surprising considering the amount of on-the-clock promotion that went into plugging the show. Congrats to her all the same. Everyone and their mama was talking about it last night. I guess selling a million albums a week dont always mean big ratings in tv special.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/tv-ratings-thanksgiving-viewers-shun-taylor-swift-beyonce-for-fox-nfl-overrun

Are they going by demo rating or actual viewers? If that's the case then:

Taylor:

1.2 adults 18-49 rating with 4.42 million viewers.

Beyonce:

1.3 adults 18-49 rating with 4.13 million viewers.

They're both still low as hell, but I'm trying to understand the difference between the rating and viewers.

And let's not pretend that Taylor's being showed during the NFL and Bey's still being played when the NFL was done doesn't come to play :whistle:

• Upvote 1

Are they going by demo rating or actual viewers? If that's the case then:

Taylor:

Beyonce:

They're both still low as hell, but I'm trying to understand the difference between the rating and viewers.

And let's not pretend that Taylor's being showed during the NFL and Bey's still being played when the NFL was done doesn't come to play :whistle:

boo, the Jets were playing the Bengals during Beyonce's special lol

Taylor's was so boring. I dozed off on it -_- I somewhat liked Bey's when it was all about hair choreography.

Are you surprised? That bitch is boring as fuck i don't care how many gazillion albums she sells. The only time I have ever seen her perform and be a tiny bit interesting is the subway performance on the MTV awards cause it had alot going on that wasnt just her being boring.

Are you surprised? That bitch is boring as fuck i don't care how many gazillion albums she sells. The only time I have ever seen her perform and be a tiny bit interesting is the subway performance on the MTV awards cause it had alot going on that wasnt just her being boring.

Not really...I just liked the part when she was in the studio writing and stuff for her album...shortly after that I caught myself laying down and trying to keep my eyes open. I'm sure it's gonna be on the re-release for her album. I liked that MTV awards performance too.

8:00 NBC Taylor Swift — Speak Now 4.42 million viewers

9:30 ABC Beyoncé’s: I Am … World Tour 3.52 million viewers

10:00 ABC Beyoncé’s: I Am … World Tour 4.44 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/26/tv-ratings-thursday-nfl-overrun-beyonce-taylor-swift-sing-softly/73378

Taylor's audience is higher than Bey's average. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. :coffee:

• Upvote 2

Over here when the game was done, Bey's special was still on. Some article said that's when her viewers increased.

Exhibit A:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/26/tv-ratings-thursday-nfl-overrun-beyonce-taylor-swift-sing-softly/73378

Taylor's audience is higher than Bey's average. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. :coffee:

:coffee:
  • Upvote 1

:lmao: