My fellow Canadians, help me please!

Angela

My company is recruiting for a position in Canada, preferably Ontario, and we would like to know what are some of the most popular job boards. I tried Monster.ca and CareerBuilder.ca and the response has been low. Or maybe I'm not using the right postal code? Please help!

You might want to try workopolis.com :unsure:

This one is a managerial position.

You can post pretty much anything on college sites, but they just have to get approved, which takes a couple of days for some.

I had to help my previous employer advertise when I was leaving, and we had a lot of response from college sites.

We also advertised on Craigslist. lol Not the most professional, but you'll definitely get responses.

• 5 weeks later...

READ THEM SIS!

sad but true

:lol:

I was trying to interview one and he was giving me complete attitude. Last time I checked, his ass was unemployed so he needs to keep it together.

And my recruiter that's supposed to be giving me resumes, gave me a couple and then threw a bitch fit and complained to his manager. I told his manager that if he had issues and was frustrated, he had my number and my email and I would have been ready for him to either call me like the man he's supposed to be.

The worst is when I talk to an applicant that's not bilingual, and the position clearly states that you HAVE to be bilingual, and they get mad :mellow: Why did you apply? :mellow:

:lol:

I was trying to interview one and he was giving me complete attitude. Last time I checked, his ass was unemployed so he needs to keep it together.

And my recruiter that's supposed to be giving me resumes, gave me a couple and then threw a bitch fit and complained to his manager. I told his manager that if he had issues and was frustrated, he had my number and my email and I would have been ready for him to either call me like the man he's supposed to be.

The worst is when I talk to an applicant that's not bilingual, and the position clearly states that you HAVE to be bilingual, and they get mad :mellow: Why did you apply? :mellow:

I would be fired from your job within a week. You're not gonna call me for a job, and then try to read me. :mellow: No ma'am. :umm:

I would be fired from your job within a week. You're not gonna call me for a job, and then try to read me. :mellow: No ma'am. :umm:

They aren't even hired; they're simply applicants :lol:

I ask if they're bilingual since that's what's stated in the job description title AND requirements. Then they reply with no. I thank them for applying and tell them that unfortunately they may not qualify for this position since that is one of the requirements. Someone came back to me and said "Well, they speak English where I'm at, so I don't know why you want bilingual :mellow: " Or "Well, they all speak English in Quebec, so I don't know why you need bilingual; it's not required. " :mellow: So, my initial response in my head is "Mothafucka, I didn't ask for your opinion." But I filter it and I say "I thank you for your concern, but right now, for this position, we are requiring someone bilingual as stated in the posting title and description. Did you read it before you deemed yourself qualified to apply? " :mellow:

I ask if they're bilingual since that's what's stated in the job description title AND requirements. Then they reply with no. I thank them for applying and tell them that unfortunately they may not qualify for this position since that is one of the requirements. Someone came back to me and said "Well, they speak English where I'm at, so I don't know why you want bilingual :mellow: " Or "Well, they all speak English in Quebec, so I don't know why you need bilingual; it's not required. " :mellow: So, my initial response in my head is "Mothafucka, I didn't ask for your opinion." But I filter it and I say "I thank you for your concern, but right now, for this position, we are requiring someone bilingual as stated in the posting title and description. Did you read it before you deemed yourself qualified to apply? " :mellow:

Who takes them seriously anyways :filenails:

Who takes them seriously anyways :filenails:

:lol: They're just rude. I've met nicer Canadians, but these ones are just rude, and the worst part is that the Department Manager wants someone in that city, so I have to suck it up and do it. But one of them is on the verge of being cursed out.

Alroooight @ that low key read! :excited: :excited: :excited: But I don't blame them, when you're desperate for a job, you'll apply for any job even if you don't fit the requirements. As my mom always tells me, "The most they can say is no."

Alroooight @ that low key read! :excited: :excited: :excited: But I don't blame them, when you're desperate for a job, you'll apply for any job even if you don't fit the requirements. As my mom always tells me, "The most they can say is no."

The worst though are the recruiters that are trying to get my business giving me attitude :mellow: I employed YOU to find me someone qualified :mellow::lol:

Archived