At this time we shall discuss the 10 best video artist of the new millennium...

King Baby

13 members have voted

1. 1. pick your favorite, and then list them before I start slapping people in the mouth.

• Eminem
    • Kanye
    • Beyonce
    • Britney
    • P!nk
    • Usher
    • Madonna
    • Missy
    • Gaga
    • Other

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would you say that the choreography in the IF video is more iconic than the actual video? :unsure:

remember this? happens around the 1:50 mark

:lol:

I've actually never seen White Chicks. >_<

Before labeling the breakdown iconic, we have to make sure that count wasn't already a dance step before Janet did it.

I've actually never seen White Chicks. >_<

Before labeling the breakdown iconic, we have to make sure that count wasn't already a dance step before Janet did it.

you know what :rolleyes:

you need to just go on ahead and let IF be great boo. -_-

"If" is great, but it's not among Janet's BEST videos. And when I say "best", for me that entails a number of things.

Honey I'm gonna need you to tell me what makes the vid to TTWLG great? It's almost as dull as nothing lol

AFY DRM TA IGL SOAG (I could go on) are all FAR better than that. The concepts, the themes, the camera work shit on TTWLG. I could have shot that lol

Honey I'm gonna need you to tell me what makes the vid to TTWLG great? It's almost as dull as nothing lol

AFY DRM TA IGL SOAG (I could go on) are all FAR better than that. The concepts, the themes, the camera work shit on TTWLG. I could have shot that lol

Thats the way love goes is great. The beauty of it is that she DIDN'T have to do over the top to make it werk. :cheers:

The premise Janet has stated is the reason why the video is great. TTWLG is a very chill song, very relaxed, and soothing. The video illustrates that as Janet as the kids are reflecting those moods in the video. There's no intense dancing. There's no dynamics. The video doesn't really build up to anything. It's very smooth. The set is amazing - LOTS of earth tones reflected in the set AND the wardrobe. As you know Earth tones create a sense of warmth and tranquility to a room. They captured the essence of the song perfectly with the video. It was a different side of Janet that we saw, and the world loved it. It introduced us to a side of Janet that nobody knew existed. On top of that, the early 90s was full of big dance videos "Vogue", "Everybody Dance Now (Gonna Make You Sweat)", etc. and it was great to see Janet do something different and it helped her stand out.

Plus there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA4llI7T6fE

They could have chose any other video, but they chose TTWLG. Why? Because it shits.

Hell no. Thats the way love goes is the coolest video of Janet's career. janet hanging out playing her new song for her homies. :cheers:

Are we really going to fight about this Paul? <_<

:umm: I'm not here for that video - it's good and fits the song, but better than IF? Never :filenails:

Austin, I could give you an indepth commentary on the nothing video, talking about how the harshness of janets wig reflects the sharpness of the film and the restrictive edgy clothing reflect the repressed anger in the first half of the film, and the dark colours reflect the negatives of relationships etc etc - but it doesn't matter, it's about art and entertainment, about visuals and concept, and if had all of that over TTWLG.

In fact TA and AFY and SOAG fit the songs just as well as TTWLG, but they are better and they are iconic and very Janet. TTWLG is good but anyone could have done it.

Archived