So with Rihanna's last 2 singles flopping...

King Baby

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean I can't see any other song being the first single. Rockstar 101 didn't have that "Oh shit" factor and Hard & Rude Boy screamed follow-up single. It was either RR or WYT.

When I first took a listen to the album ...Rude Boy instantly stood out. I alwayz thought that should have been the first single. I think she would have had a better set up and an outcome than what she did had it been the first single.

When I first took a listen to the album ...Rude Boy instantly stood out. I alwayz thought that should have been the first single. I think she would have had a better set up and an outcome than what she did had it been the first single.

Nah. It would have been too misleading. Rude Boy is a genius single. But it doesn't even fit the image. She needed everything to match and be cohesive.

Yep ..me is :yep:

shifty.gif

Nah. It would have been too misleading. Rude Boy is a genius single. But it doesn't even fit the image. She needed everything to match and be cohesive.

Miss Enjoi...how many damn times have we been PUNK'D by the first single??? :lol::lol:

examples...

"We Need A Resolution" - "Aaliyah" album

"Lose My Breath" - Destiny Fulfilled album

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nothing new

We Need A Resolution wasn't misleading at all. :mellow:

To me it was and everyone that I have discussed the album with.

Based off that I thought we were gonna get a OIAM PART 2 (basically) becuz I thought it was gonna be a Timbaland heavy album only to my surprised she had exceeded my predicted expectations and went FAR beyond what I would have ever imagined. WNAR sounds like NOTHING on the album becuz its the only song (aside from "I Care 4 U") that Timbaland produced.

To me it was and everyone that I have discussed the album with.

Based off that I thought we were gonna get a OIAM PART 2 (basically) becuz I thought it was gonna be a Timbaland heavy album only to my surprised she had exceeded my predicted expectations and went FAR beyond what I would have ever imagined. WNAR sounds like NOTHING on the album becuz its the only song (aside from "I Care 4 U") that

Timbaland produced.

I see. Hmmm. I don't know though. In my eyes, I never really think about WNAR as a song. I think of it as a video and an image. So in my eyes it defines the whole album perfectly. When I first heard WNAR I thought it was gonna be a sexier album though but I don't think I was misled.

I see. Hmmm. I don't know though. In my eyes, I never really think about WNAR as a song. I think of it as a video and an image. So in my eyes it defines the whole album perfectly. When I first heard WNAR I thought it was gonna be a sexier album though but I don't think I was misled.

Wow thats the first I've heard that. I know I was completely thrown off becuz she had completely traded in her Timbaland beats for some other shit I couldnt understand,receive, or get into at the time. I remember listening and thinking .."Aaliyah,wtf is this shit?!" :blink: I was completely caught off guard but its one of those albums that has to grow on you for you to appreciate what she was tryna do and where she was goin. Then after that I fell in love becuz its PERFECT from top to bottom,period.