Another Record BROKEN!

Reyna ♔

Janet Jackson is Announced as First Legend to be Featured for the Second Consecutive Year in Blackglama's Renowned "What Becomes a Legend Most?" Campaign

NEW YORK, Aug. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Blackglama is pleased to announce that Janet Jackson will be the first legend to be featured for the second year consecutively in the brand's iconic "What Becomes a Legend Most?" advertising campaign.

"It became clear in our discussions of who the Legend should be this year, that continuing the momentum with Janet made complete sense," says Joe Morelli, CEO of Blackglama. "She embodies glamour, luxury and sophistication, everything that Blackglama stands for."

Unquestionably a legend in the world of entertainment, Janet Jackson's albums, including Control, janet, All For You and Number Ones, have sold over 100 million copies worldwide and her most recent "JANET JACKSON Number Ones; Up Close And Personal" World Tour broke box office records making her one of the best-selling female artists of all time. She is the only recording artist to have Grammy nominations spanning the categories Dance, Pop, Rap, Rock and R&B. Janet is also an accomplished actress, with starring roles in television and film including Poetic Justice, Nutty Professor, Why Did I Get Married?, Why Did I Get Married Too? and For Colored Girls.

Last year's campaign thrust Janet Jackson amongst some of the world's most legendary entertainers who have starred in the popular Blackglama "What Becomes a Legend Most?" campaign. The initiative was revived by noted advertising agency Laspata DeCaro, and ads were photographed by Rocco Laspata.

"The primary difference is that the initial campaigns were focused on a singular image – a legend and a coat," says Charles DeCaro. "Our recent branding iterations have evolved imparting a distinct fashion sensibility. Multiple images showcase innovative designs and the relevant multi-faceted ways Blackglama - as a product - can be appropriated."

The first ad debuts in the September issue of W Magazine

Source: http://www.istockanalyst.com/business/news/5375498/janet-jackson-is-announced-as-first-legend-to-be-featured-for-the-second-consecutive-year-in-blackglama-s-renowned-what-becomes-a-legend-most-campaign

______________________________________________________________________________________

Dusting off the awards, signing the deals, collecting the checks, blowing kisses to the fans and waiting on your faves to catch up. :coffee:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Her new team has really been on their shit :excited: The only flaw around her is a certain pimple that's choreographing everything -_-

Gil ain't THAT bad. He's cool when he wanna be. But Jan does need some new, fresh, tender young thang helping out.

Some stans even want Tina back.

Let's just hope and pray that she at least gets a co-director/choreographer. -_-

I'd just rather her get a new choreographer -_-

Gil ain't THAT bad. He's cool when he wanna be. But Jan does need some new, fresh, tender young thang helping out.

Some stans even want Tina back.

I don't want Tina back either. Janet needs someone that will do something that's creative and will compete with the previous line of work that she's done in the past (producers too), and Gill isn't doing that AT ALL. She's the legendary Janet Damita Jo Jackson, not some newbie that's trying to make a name for herself.

I agree with you, but it isn't certain if she's willing to do that now even if she needs to. Getting rid of him might hamper their friendship, and after so long, she isn't willing to go for that. But she does need a new creative director and choreographer and new producers, too. I don't think she should go back to JJ&TL. It's be a cool team, but this next album should be her.

I agree with you, but it isn't certain if she's willing to do that now even if she needs to. Getting rid of him might hamper their friendship, and after so long, she isn't willing to go for that. But she does need a new creative director and choreographer and new producers, too. I don't think she should go back to JJ&TL. It's be a cool team, but this next album should be her.

That's why business and friendship shouldn't be mixed. They can still be friends...he just shouldn't be allowed to work with her anymore.

That's why business and friendship shouldn't be mixed. They can still be friends...he just shouldn't be allowed to work with her anymore.

So true. It'll be tough to see her make the break. But we all know deep down she knows she needs to. Especially if she wants major success for the new era.

So true. It'll be tough to see her make the break. But we all know deep down she knows she needs to. Especially if she wants major success for the new era.

BIN"FUCKIN'"GO! I think Gil will take it personal, but deep down he knows that he's not doing anything great for Janet. His time has came and went after 3 eras.

I don't want Tina back either. Janet needs someone that will do something that's creative and will compete with the previous line of work that she's done in the past (producers too), and Gill isn't doing that AT ALL. She's the legendary Janet Damita Jo Jackson, not some newbie that's trying to make a name for herself.

Will all respect, no choreographer has ever or will ever make a routine that can compete with the likes of "If", "Pleasure Principle" so-on, so-on.

Gil had his moments with All Nite, Feedback & S.E.X. though, but I get what you're saying. But Jan will never let go of Gil's leash so the next thing to do would be to bring in a co-choreographer. Who though?

BIN"FUCKIN'"GO! I think Gil will take it personal, but deep down he knows that he's not doing anything great for Janet. His time has came and went after 3 eras.

Of course he will. He'll be "hurt" for a while, but he'll stop being a brat eventually. Seriously. Gil has had his shining moments, but as a full-time choreographer, least of all for over a decade? No. She needs someone new. I think she should bring that Luam girl that LyricalLesson mentioned. She is badass! :excited: :excited:

Will all respect, no choreographer has ever or will ever make a routine that can compete with the likes of "If", "Pleasure Principle" so-on, so-on.

Gil had his moments with All Nite, Feedback & S.E.X. though, but I get what you're saying. But Jan will never let go of Gil's leash so the next thing to do would be to bring in a co-choreographer. Who though?

True but creatively they been able to keep her performances great. The great thing about Idol was that she wasn't dancing around much (and I HIGHLY doubt Gil come up with her not really doing the dance). She knows Gil's stuff is a mess. Look at how he made the routines for her old songs all jerky *points to the AMAs performance* His only moment with me is "All Nite (Don't Stop)". Maybe Janet give him another job title...as long is it doesn't have "choreographer", "creative" or "director" in it. I think "personal associate" would be a good title for him :thumbup:

Of course he will. He'll be "hurt" for a while, but he'll stop being a brat eventually. Seriously. Gil has had his shining moments, but as a full-time choreographer, least of all for over a decade? No. She needs someone new. I think she should bring that Luam girl that LyricalLesson mentioned. She is badass! :excited: :excited:

Luam is really bad ass :excited: It would be crazy if she got her. Or Janet needs to sit down and watch this past season of So You Think You Can Dance and pick a choreographer from there -_-

Luam is really bad ass :excited: It would be crazy if she got her. Or Janet needs to sit down and watch this past season of So You Think You Can Dance and pick a choreographer from there -_-

Someone should tweet the hell out of her page and suggest her :whistle: Gil may get pissy but who cares? :coffee: Then again, that may be too overt and might halt the project so not the best idea -_-

:lmao: :lmao: Mess! :lmao:

She worked with jimmy and terry for 20 years, didn't stop her not including them in discipline.

Ofcourse she can still be friends with gil. Girl just needs a push.

She worked with jimmy and terry for 20 years, didn't stop her not including them in discipline.

Ofcourse she can still be friends with gil. Girl just needs a push.

Very good point. She could use a total new set of really...everything. This should be a whole new era for her. We know she and Gil can still be friends, we just also know how pissy he gets. But hopefully she will just sit him down and let him down gently and bring Luam in as her next choreographer :excited: :excited: :excited:

Archived