Alicia Keys ‘Digital Death’ campaign FLOPS…

DJ Y2K Malone™

Some of the world’s biggest names in music are about to get their egos crushed in a major way.

Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Jennifer Hudson, Usher and Janelle Monae have sacrificed their digital online life by quitting social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. This was done for the Alicia Keys charity ‘Keep a Child Alive’ so that money can be raised for AIDS in Africa. The organizers have declared to fans that if they want their favorite celebs back online again, they will need to donate $1 million.

The ‘Digital Life Sacrifice’ campaign, which reeks of self-importance, looks like its set to FLOP in the most embarrassing fashion. The donation process is going really slow, and they are practically struggling to reach the half way mark. The reasoning behind the campaign could be down to the $10 cap placed on the minimum donation amount. It seems fans are not willing to donate what they would pay for an Usher, Alicia, Lady Gaga or even a Justin CD. As a result, celebrities are missing out on large doses of social media marketing. It also means it could be a long while yet before they may tweet again.

The $10 cap was a stupid idea. Not everybody has that and many of their fans are still in school. If everyone was allowed to donate $1, they would have reached their goal in no time. After all, their joined twitter followers stand at over 30 million combined. Just to save face, I would not even be surprised if these celebs donated the remaining amount themselves just so that they can get back online. The only thing this campaign did was overestimate ones popularity. You just know Justin is probably fuming because he can’t promote any of his movies right now, :lmao: .

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/celeb-filled-digital-death-campaign-is-doa/51595?nc

LOL. So I'm all for AIDS research, but I like the message it sends to these stars. Maybe you're not so fucking important :rolleyes:

But it's only been like 2 days :umm: And I love how I went on Gaga's twitter and she has a post saying "I'm still dead... donate here" LOL

This was all stupid. The problem was that the celebrities thought that they were more important than they really were and thought that if they "died" digitally, they sky would fall. But reality hit and people actually have other things to worry about other than making sure some celebrities are on-line. It was very egotistical in that they thought the world revolved around them.

Celebrities need to understand that we admire their talents (for those have have talent), but they are not above everyone else.

This was all stupid. The problem was that the celebrities thought that they were more important than they really were and thought that if they "died" digitally, they sky would fall. But reality hit and people actually have other things to worry about other than making sure some celebrities are on-line. It was very egotistical in that they thought the world revolved around them.

Celebrities need to understand that we admire their talents (for those have have talent), but they are not above everyone else.

<insert my Janet clapping gif>

As of Friday evening, just $200,674 had been raised to aid the fight against HIV/AIDS, that’s roughly $66,891 for each of the three days since the campaign started.

If donations continue at this rate, it’ll be another 11 days before The Kardashians are back online Tweeting their hearts out about Bebe, Sephoria, and all the other big name brands that have hired them to hawk products!

http://www.popcrunch.com/digital-death-campaign-continues/

Ouch.

HA HA @ this.

Some New York billionaire supposedly donated the rest.

NEW YORK – Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga and other celebrities can sign back online, thanks to donations from their fans and a philanthropist.

Keys announced Monday that her charity, Keep a Child Alive, reached its $1 million fundraising goal in honor of last week's World AIDS Day.

A slew of celebrities signed off digital platforms like Twitter and Facebook last Wednesday and asked their fans to donate to the charity, which supports families affected by HIV and AIDS in Africa and India.

The celebrities could sign back online when the $1 million fundraising goal was met.

The entertainers and their fans raised $500,000, and philanthropist Stewart Rahr matched it.

Participants in the Digital Death campaign included Ryan Seacrest, Justin Timberlake, Usher and Kim Kardashian.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: