Sass vixen Katy Perry announces 6th single...In an effort to dethrone Michael Jackson as the King of pop!

King Baby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah... cuz MJ wasn't a mainstream doll

He lead the mainstream when it gave us good music. These kids now couldn't write their way out of a paper bag.

Just because she wrote it doesn't mean it's good. Anybody can write a dance song. It takes an artist to write something that will last long after they die. Who will even be singing the first line of California Girls or E.T. Or that TGIF song even in 10 years? No-one.

He lead the mainstream when it gave us good music. These kids now couldn't write their way out of a paper bag.

Just because she wrote it doesn't mean it's good. Anybody can write a dance song. It takes an artist to write something that will last long after they die. Who will even be singing the first line of California Girls or E.T. Or that TGIF song even in 10 years? No-one.

he lead.. past-tense... 15 years ago... you're like an Elvis fan.. it's pathetic.. it's one thing to like his overrated blabble.. it's another to ignore the up-and-coming...

i didn't know you could predict the future... u shoulda did that 3 years ago

he lead.. past-tense... 15 years ago... you're like an Elvis fan.. it's pathetic.. it's one thing to like his overrated blabble.. it's another to ignore the up-and-coming...

i didn't know you could predict the future... u shoulda did that 3 years ago

It's always me you pick to harass :sigh:

Game :lmao: I know you don't like Michael, and I know you have your own opinion which deserves to be respected...but come on now, this bitch is nothing compared to Mike :lol:

You call his songs "overrated blabble" -- what would you call songs like 'California Gurls' and 'Firework' ???

IMO, the only songs of Katy's that I feel were legitimate #1 singles were "E.T." ( which is incredible :w00t: ) and "Teenage Dream" ( which I'm not even a big fan of, but can't deny it's appeal )

...having said all of that, neither of those songs compare to any of the #1 hits off of the "Thriller" album. Do you honestly feel like her singles are on the same level?

I thought it was gonna be 'Peacock'. I don't like the song but I think it has a better shot at number one that TOTGA.

As I said when 'Last Friday Night' reached the top: the total time spent at number one by Michael's five Bad singles was seven weeks. That's it. Katy's Teenage Dream singles have racked up almost five months at the top. So let's not pretend that only iconic singles ever get to number one. :rolleyes: It doesn't make her the next Michael Jackson or anything near that ridiculous. It's just a great achievement - especially in a market where longevity on the Hot 100 is more challenging than it's ever been. I think some of you are reading too much into Nuk's stupid thread title.

I thought it was gonna be 'Peacock'. I don't like the song but I think it has a better shot at number one that TOTGA.

As I said when 'Last Friday Night' reached the top: the total time spent at number one by Michael's five Bad singles was seven weeks. That's it. Katy's Teenage Dream singles have racked up almost five months at the top. So let's not pretend that only iconic singles ever get to number one. :rolleyes: It doesn't make her the next Michael Jackson or anything near that ridiculous. It's just a great achievement - especially in a market where longevity on the Hot 100 is more challenging than it's ever been. I think some of you are reading too much into Nuk's stupid thread title.

You love me Kangaroo boi...Admit it. :cheers:

But that was pre-Nielsen. It was a rarity to for a song to have a long run at no. 1. 4 weeks was considered very long back then.

It doesn't matter if she breaks the record or not. I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks Katy Perry>Michael Jackson. Like Janet said, no one can keep a record forever. Anybody with any ounce of sense knows that Katy's star power can't hold a candle to the King of Pop.

Archived