THE DEMS LOST THE HOUSE BUT KEPT THE SENATE...

Shawn1814

Well I think that's been Obama's problems recently. He's not saying how we're getting there or giving any kind of encouragement at all except for it's gonna take a really long time and not to hand the keys back to the people who blah blah blah. I hate the republicans but you also can't blame the economic downfall on 1 party. Clinton is responsible for the housing bubble bursting.

I'm certainly not going to blame the economic downfall on any one party - I think it transcends that. It's just that Obama has born the brunt of it because of when he entered office (would've happened to whoever was elected at that time - regardless of party). Regardless of what he's actually accomplished, he hasn't been adequately able to convey reassurance and encouragement to the American people. The backlash was inevitable.

I'm certainly not going to blame the economic downfall on any one party - I thin it transcends that. It's just that Obama has born the brunt of it because of when he entered office (would've happened to whoever was elected at that time - regardless of party). Regardless of what he's actually accomplished, he hasn't been adequately able to convey reassurance and encouragement to the American people. The backlash was inevitable.

Yeah. What I'm hoping is that he and the dems got the message to step their game up.

People weren't voting FOR the republicans, they were voting against the Dems. People are unsatisfied and rightfully so. They had the majority and didn't get shit done. :rolleyes:

they barely had a majority- and thats counting leiberman and a few others who should change parties. why is it the fault of the dems for not getting shit done when they are the party with that voted for the legislation we want? why are we blaming those who voted for what we want instead of going after those who always vote no? thats what confuses me.

they barely had a majority- and thats counting leiberman and a few others who should change parties. why is it the fault of the dems for not getting shit done when they are the party with that voted for the legislation we want? why are we blaming those who voted for what we want instead of going after those who always vote no? thats what confuses me.

I don't understand that either... They should have focused on those damn Dems that voted with the republicans and chose another Dem to take their place..

I can't stress how important it is to vote. I like to have my ballot delivered by mail, so I can research my choices and sit and make a decision to the best of my ability while I'm voting.

With that said, I do need Obama to step it up. He needs to be more aggressive. Part of the problem was that Obama had a HUGE movement with a lot of followers when he was elected that were eager and energized to get out and volunteer and help his cause. I don't think he really utilized his supporters well. He sort of left them in limbo as they were confused and unsure of what they could to help and participate. I know my best friend used to receive all kinds of texts and messages of events and things to do and it kept her abreast on his campaign, but a lot of that communication stopped after he won. And sometimes his communication with the public comes too late. One instance in particular that I thought was more dramatic than needed to be was Healthcare. When he made that speech regarding healthcare, I thought "FINALLY!" because it was already being warped into some "Pull the plug on grandma" bullshit propaganda. Sometimes it is unclear what he's trying to do and a lot of the times, he's too nice. He needs to take a page out of the Clinton playbook and get dirty.

Especially those Dems that fucked up the public option... :angry: :angry: :angry:

That annoyed me and is one of the things that annoy me about the Democratic party: they can't get their shit together. There's always those ones that are fucking it up for everybody. I can't stand Republicans, but when they've made up their mind that they're going to say no to everything and anything, they go about their business and do it.