Can Somebody here help me out?

cheaps

None of my search engines are working.

I can't open up Google, I can open up yahoo home page, but it won't let me do a search for anything.

"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.google.com"

"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to search.yahoo.com"

^^is what I'm getting.

I'm using google chrome, but tried using Internet explore and Firefox, but come up with same results.

I did a google search on a different computer to see what I could do, I tried doing the "Under the Hood" thing that it tells me to do, but still nothing has worked.

Anybody here have any suggestions?

maybe u been hacked?????

is it fixed yet??

have u got the search sites on block?

PM "Chase" he is the tech-xpert on here

I don't know why, but I always chuckle (in a good way) when I see your posts. :lol: They're so short, succinct, and to the point. What an efficient poster. :lol:

I've been meaning to tell you that for awhile now. :asham:

maybe u been hacked?????

is it fixed yet??

have u got the search sites on block?

PM "Chase" he is the tech-xpert on here

I don't think I been hacked. I just got a charger for my laptop, so it hasn't even been used for months.

No, it's not fixed yet :(

I'm not sure if the search sites are on block? How do I check?

Chase? Im not sure who that is, maybe he'll see this thread and offer to help, I feel funny PM'ing somebody I dont know and asking for help. :unsure:

Virus scan came up with 6 threats, all removed and healed, and nothing has changed. Still can't use search engines.

Don't laugh, but have you tried just shutting it completely down and restarting after you cleared the treats? :unsure:

Sometimes something simple like that helps.

^^ I'm gonna try doing what you both recommended.

Not sure if that'll help because, I originally only had Google Chrome and IE as the browsers on my computer. Then after this problem I was told to try Firefox, so I barely installed Firefox a couple days ago and still had problems with the search engines

Ok, I uninstalled Google Chrome and FireFox, it wouldn't let me uninstall IE, and then shut laptop completely down.

I just reinstalled Firefox, nothing has changed.

I can't even get to the Google Chrome home page to reinstall that. I'm doing an AVG search (through Internet Explorer), it tells me, Oops! Page not found.

:(:sigh::devil:

Ok so I did another search (from work computer) for the "oops! Google chrome cannot connect to...." and ran across this...

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101026033216AAUpD8t

And the lady is having my same problem but says she can do a search in www.google.com.ph... Now I typed that into address into the firefox web address, and google pop ups! Now I don't know what language this is in, but I can search anything like no problems.

So what's up with my regular Google/Yahoo?

I'm sick of trying things and getting no results or weird ones. I guess I really don't need the search engines much on my laptop, If I really need to search for something, then I can wait and use work computer. Its just frustrating.

BTW: THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP AND INPUT!! IT WAS GREATLY APPRECIATED!blowing_kisses.gif

Archived