National Recording Registry - Rhythm Nation 1814

Mr. Wonder

2 hours ago, Angela said:

Finally! I knew my irrational stanning for this album was for a legitimate reason! It is still my favorite album of all time. Ms. 1814 stay clearing all these bitches. 

Honestly in the past couple of years, given the current social climate, I was thinking Control would be the more fitting option, especially with the Me Too movement. 

But alas, taste prevailed and the proper album was inducted. This is a monstrous achievement esp when you look at the other titles that have been inducted, and that only about 21 - 25 are added annually. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Honestly in the past couple of years, given the current social climate, I was thinking Control would be the more fitting option, especially with the Me Too movement. 

But alas, taste prevailed and the proper album was inducted. This is a monstrous achievement esp when you look at the other titles that have been inducted, and that only about 21 - 25 are added annually. 

I could’ve seen Control in 2018 considering how prevalent #Metoo was and it would’ve made sense. But RN continues to be enduring. Especially when you consider last year and companies are thinking about literacy programs and upskilling and reskilling talent that may don’t have degrees in preparation for the fourth Industrial Revolution. 

This is truly a feat and I’m gonna need Janet to tweet about it. This was SUCH a welcomed surprise for me today. 

Also, I’ve been liking most of your shit on Twitter today about it. 

2 hours ago, Angela said:

Finally! I knew my irrational stanning for this album was for a legitimate reason! It is still my favorite album of all time. Ms. 1814 stay clearing all these bitches. 

Same here! It's always been my favorite Janet album

10 hours ago, Angela said:

I could’ve seen Control in 2018 considering how prevalent #Metoo was and it would’ve made sense. But RN continues to be enduring. Especially when you consider last year and companies are thinking about literacy programs and upskilling and reskilling talent that may don’t have degrees in preparation for the fourth Industrial Revolution. 

This is truly a feat and I’m gonna need Janet to tweet about it. This was SUCH a welcomed surprise for me today. 

Also, I’ve been liking most of your shit on Twitter today about it. 

And 2018 is when I really thought about doing a draft of something and submitting it to the National Recording Registry, it would've been an easy induction if they considered it. I kinda just let it go for whatever reason. But yes, RN1814 is more encapsulating of American society, both good and bad, and it's more applicable to society; whereas Control just reeks of feminism. :lol: 

I feel special. :tear: I usually mute tweets after they start getting on my nerves with the notifications lol. And what's funny is people who have unfollowed or blocked me for something I've said about Janet, they still interact with my Janet tweets. :lmao: I don't mean to impose or toot my own horn, but 😎.

1 hour ago, Mr. Wonder said:

This is the lady who inducted the album. 

It's clear she was looking out for us. 

Also, there's a whole section on RN1814 in the article.

https://www.loc.gov/item/prn-21-015/national-recording-registry-adds-rhythm-nation-among-25-new-selections/2021-03-24/

Hell idk if Michael has even been inducted in there? Has any of Janet's peers? :unsure: 

41 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Hell idk if Michael has even been inducted in there? Has any of Janet's peers? :unsure: 

Michael had Thriller added in like 2006 or so. Whitney's IWALY was added last year. Prince has PR inducted in like 2010. I'm pretty sure my years are wrong, but the works are definitely in there.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Michael had Thriller added in like 2006 or so. Whitney's IWALY was added last year. Prince has PR inducted in like 2010. I'm pretty sure my years are wrong, but the works are definitely in there.

Ok thats good then, although I never liked Prince he has a good catalog