National Recording Registry - Rhythm Nation 1814

Mr. Wonder

This is brilliant, babe!!! I love it! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Don't do too much editing tonight though. This is an incredible beginning with hardly any, if at all, changes to make.

Save these drafts, add the other points you want to make as bullet points below it, then go back and read it in the morning and see what discoveries you've created in-sleep. Trust, that works.

This is brilliant, babe!!! I love it! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Don't do too much editing tonight though. This is an incredible beginning with hardly any, if at all, changes to make.

Save these drafts, add the other points you want to make as bullet points below it, then go back and read it in the morning and see what discoveries you've created in-sleep. Trust, that works.

Once I get started, I can't stop. :lol: And I hate that about myself sometimes. I want to finish this tonight, but I know I'll miss something. So I'll just give it a few days, and more input from others. I really want this to be great.

+1 for this idea and what your doing Austineisha. :good::clapping:

I'm not the best writer, but if you need a video to go along with this essay then I'm your guy. :yep::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll need your services next year for the RN1814 film. :shifty: Just gotta find someone who has the documentary since Youtube took it down. :umm:

Once I get started, I can't stop. :lol: And I hate that about myself sometimes. I want to finish this tonight, but I know I'll miss something. So I'll just give it a few days, and more input from others. I really want this to be great.

I understand the feeling. :lol: It takes some time to get into that habit of pacing yourself. But yeah, you have alot of time and alot of input to come from your fellow stans. Take some time. It will turn out excellently.

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I'm genuinely excited about this! Janet has the best fans. :yep:

I am too. ^_^ I was shocked when they responded to my tweet about it. :lol: It would be really good promo for her team. And would be nice if someone could make Janet's team aware of what we're trying to do.

I understand the feeling. :lol: It takes some time to get into that habit of pacing yourself. But yeah, you have alot of time and alot of input to come from your fellow stans. Take some time. It will turn out excellently.

I still check the sales thread just to see if I've made any errors. :lol:

In the meantime, I've recruited the help of a few sane stans from J|X and other places that I know Janet stans. So they'll probably join in the coming days and help out. :thumbup:

I still check the sales thread just to see if I've made any errors. :lol:

In the meantime, I've recruited the help of a few sane stans from J|X and other places that I know Janet stans. So they'll probably join in the coming days and help out. :thumbup:

I thought you double check those beforehand :asham:

Really?? This is gonna be perfect then!! :excited: :excited:

Okay, got the PM and what you have so far is fantastic, truly. If there's anything I can add as an international fan of RN1814 it's that the message of hope and uniformity actually crossed oceans. She made a pledge to rid the world of colour lines, not just America. I didn't grow up around African Americans, I grew up around indigenous Australians who fought (and still fight) a similar battle to this day. My best friend as a child was an Aboriginal girl named Chantelle, and we bonded over Janet Jackson in the second grade. Not just Janet, but specifically RN1814. The music, the lyrics, the dance, the message. Nearly a decade after becoming fast friends we attended TVR tour together and after catching up with her just a few months ago we both recalled it as one of life's highlights. As seven-year-olds, we didn't make a separation of colour, and we didn't know we were probably being talked about. It wasn't an issue, just as it shouldn't be. And best of all is we had a soundtrack through it all. We lived that uniformity.

• Upvote 2

I thought you double check those beforehand :asham:

Really?? This is gonna be perfect then!! :excited: :excited:

I do! I just recheck them over and over just to make sure there's no mistakes. :lol:

Okay, got the PM and what you have so far is fantastic, truly. If there's anything I can add as an international fan of RN1814 it's that the message of hope and uniformity actually crossed oceans. She made a pledge to rid the world of colour lines, not just America. I didn't grow up around African Americans, I grew up around indigenous Australians who fought (and still fight) a similar battle to this day. My best friend as a child was an Aboriginal girl named Chantelle, and we bonded over Janet Jackson in the second grade. Not just Janet, but specifically RN1814. The music, the lyrics, the dance, the message. Nearly a decade after becoming fast friends we attended TVR tour together and after catching up with her just a few months ago we both recalled it as one of life's highlights. As seven-year-olds, we didn't make a separation of colour, and we didn't know we were probably being talked about. It wasn't an issue, just as it shouldn't be. And best of all is we had a soundtrack through it all. We lived that uniformity.

Planet Janet Anecdotes: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself :tear:

Thank you btw. :wub:

I'm gonna add in the stories from everyone from overseas in an analytical way. But from your story, I have an idea of what I want to draft. :excited:

This nearly made me cry. No joke. Thank you for sharing this, babe. Honestly.

I do! I just recheck them over and over just to make sure there's no mistakes. :lol:

Planet Janet Anecdotes: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself :tear:

Thank you btw. :wub:

I'm gonna add in the stories from everyone from overseas in an analytical way. But from your story, I have an idea of what I want to draft. :excited:

You're welcome. I'm loving this idea more and more.

Also, I may have missed it, but did you include the piece about the girls who stayed on to graduate school because of Janet? Remember she presented them their graduation certificates? :unsure:

I am too. ^_^ I was shocked when they responded to my tweet about it. :lol: It would be really good promo for her team. And would be nice if someone could make Janet's team aware of what we're trying to do.

Perhaps the Dave or Mikel over at Janet Xone? That's the only people I can think of that still have ties to Janet's team...or we could try going through Gil. lol

I love this post.

Shows that art really can impact and help inspire change in the world. ^_^

You're welcome. I'm loving this idea more and more.

Also, I may have missed it, but did you include the piece about the girls who stayed on to graduate school because of Janet? Remember she presented them their graduation certificates? :unsure:

I haven't included them yet, but their story is definitely go in (I literally just closed the tab with that video before I started this post :lol:).

So what's missing are the edits that need better wording, the stories from other fans, Kia and Keisha Croft's story, and something else that I can't remember right now. >_<

Perhaps the Dave or Mikel over at Janet Xone? That's the only people I can think of that still have ties to Janet's team...or we could try going through Gil. lol

Gil seems to pompous, and wouldn't tell and Mikel would try to take credit like it was his idea. :filenails: I will have none of those girls' foolishness. :filenails: We could get Switchy to tell FreeXone about it. :unsure: