National Recording Registry - Rhythm Nation 1814

Mr. Wonder

You sound like one of those kind of ppl who are GREAT at embellishing shit on your resume to make your work history appear to be more impressive than what it actually is. :lmao:

Nah, not even :lol: I read a lot of resumes to know how one should look like :lol:

I just think that he's trying to make a strong case and he's saying what I basically said in the subsequent paragraphs. Since it is the opening, it needs to engage the reader, and have a strong thesis. The opening is always harder than the rest of the information behind it, because you need to say your premise in a few sentences. While it may be over the top, it would have caught the eye of the reader, which is the point :lol:

Hell, I didn't even think it was that fancy :lol:

Then how can janet have a voice as big as texas?? wouldn't we use the texas reference when discussing pre crack whitney ?

It's a figurative voice. :lol: The goal is to show the contrast between Janet's small stature and a voice big enough to capture the attention of millions of people.

Yes. :lol: I looked at that part, and was like "Oh, HON. :umm:" This ain't 2001. =\

Exactly :umm:

But in any event, can we have the final draft by tomorrow evening so I can send it off Wednesday morning? :unsure:

I'd say it was ready already. What do you feel is still missing from it? :unsure:

Exactly :umm:

I'd say it was ready already. What do you feel is still missing from it? :unsure:

I don't think there's much missing, I just want it to be perfect. I can't tell you how many times I've read the last draft and made changes.

:w00t:

I think giving them a copy of the album is an excellent idea. It'll get their attention.

I really could do that. But I have to work tomorrow. <_< The Library of Congress is like 15mins on the train. I could stop by before class. But the obstacle would be finding a copy of RN1814 in this area. But I was thinking I could put a link in the submission to where they can listen to the whole album. :unsure:

I doubt they will click a link IMO...if they're still worried about anthrax then they'll be equally concerned about clicking a link to a potential virus too.

That's true. I still say he should buy one. I wouldn't give our politicians a blank cd much less one of my favorites(greatest).