Celebrity Playlist: Christina Milian's Favorite Songs

SloLove

http://www.zimbio.com/Celebrity+Playlist/articles/jWZu2XK4Z8N/Celebrity+Playlist+Christina+Milian+Favorite

By Alicia on Dec-6-11 4:32pm

Christina Milian with her daughter Violet. (Bauer Griffin)

Christina Milian: Janet fan for life. (Getty)

Christina Milian came face-to-face with her biggest musical inspiration at the age of 18, when she was at MTV's Times Square studios for a meeting the same day Janet Jackson was appearing on TRL.

"I walked in and it was like she was glowing," Milian told Zimbio on a quick break from taping The Voice. "I couldn't say anything, I was at a loss for words, and it was crazy because at the time I had a commercial running with my music video, and she complimented me, [saying] 'I saw your video, I see what you're doing,' and I couldn't say anything. I was speechless. And the next thing I know, I realized I wanted to cry. Happy tears, but like bursts of tears."

And that's just what Milian did: "The second she walked out of the room, I was bawling. I bawled for two hours. I couldn't stop crying. Happy tears. Two hours."

It goes without saying that Janet played a huge role in Christina's upbringing, and remains her favorite musical artist to this day. Find out what else is in Christina's iPod!

Janet Jackson's "That's the Way Love Goes"

The 1993 album Janet will always hold a place in Christina's heart, as she explained, "I just felt like at the time I was growing through her music ... .that album was so sexy, I was going through puberty so I was realizing that I was cute, guys were cute, so I'm listening to these songs. I mean, I wasn't living up to what they were saying, but I just liked the feeling there. I thought she was so hot, and I wanted to be like her."

Michael Jackson's "Beat It"

When asked which other albums were on her personal shortlist, Milian cited one of the most popular releases of all time: Thriller.

"Of course, that's just classic. I don't even have to say anything about that one."

Justin Bieber's "Baby"

Okay, so Christina didn't list this as one of her personal favorites, but her daughter Violet is a big fan. Christina says this song – which, coincidentally, she co-penned with Violet's father The Dream – is on her daughter's special playlist, along with Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out" and some Jackson 5.

Stay tuned for our exclusive interview with Christina in which she discusses her role on The Voice, her daughter's budding sense of style, and why she's not big on karaoke bars.

The Queen and King still rockin' your fave's playlist :thumbup: :thumbup:

And her discussion of the meeting is just absolutely precious :lol: She is such a sweet woman :wub:

She truly is...she's one of the ones who has always said Janet was her fav and never switched it up like some other celebs who switch it up to whoever is hot at the moment.

I remember her saying Janet told her to never give up and it was the Janet album that inspired her to die her hair

She truly is...she's one of the ones who has always said Janet was her fav and never switched it up like some other celebs who switch it up to whoever is hot at the moment.

I remember her saying Janet told her to never give up and it was the Janet album that inspired her to die her hair

You and this constant shade :asham:

But awww I'm glad she listened to her :wub: And that look is so pretty on her as well ^_^

:clapping:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Justin Bieber's "Baby"

Okay, so Christina didn't list this as one of her personal favorites, but her daughter Violet is a big fan. Christina says this song – which, coincidentally, she co-penned with Violet's father The Dream – is on her daughter's special playlist, along with Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out" and some Jackson 5.

Wait, whaaaat? She has a kid? :blink:

http://www.zimbio.com/Celebrity+Playlist/articles/jWZu2XK4Z8N/Celebrity+Playlist+Christina+Milian+Favorite

By Alicia on Dec-6-11 4:32pm

Christina Milian with her daughter Violet. (Bauer Griffin)

Christina Milian: Janet fan for life. (Getty)

Christina Milian came face-to-face with her biggest musical inspiration at the age of 18, when she was at MTV's Times Square studios for a meeting the same day Janet Jackson was appearing on TRL.

"I walked in and it was like she was glowing," Milian told Zimbio on a quick break from taping The Voice. "I couldn't say anything, I was at a loss for words, and it was crazy because at the time I had a commercial running with my music video, and she complimented me, [saying] 'I saw your video, I see what you're doing,' and I couldn't say anything. I was speechless. And the next thing I know, I realized I wanted to cry. Happy tears, but like bursts of tears."

And that's just what Milian did: "The second she walked out of the room, I was bawling. I bawled for two hours. I couldn't stop crying. Happy tears. Two hours."

It goes without saying that Janet played a huge role in Christina's upbringing, and remains her favorite musical artist to this day. Find out what else is in Christina's iPod!

Janet Jackson's "That's the Way Love Goes"

The 1993 album Janet will always hold a place in Christina's heart, as she explained, "I just felt like at the time I was growing through her music ... .that album was so sexy, I was going through puberty so I was realizing that I was cute, guys were cute, so I'm listening to these songs. I mean, I wasn't living up to what they were saying, but I just liked the feeling there. I thought she was so hot, and I wanted to be like her."

Michael Jackson's "Beat It"

When asked which other albums were on her personal shortlist, Milian cited one of the most popular releases of all time: Thriller.

"Of course, that's just classic. I don't even have to say anything about that one."

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

Archived