Ciara Discusses Low Album Sales

DJ Y2K Malone™

except that she is not one of those artist who can just tour all the damn time...she needs the material to be good in order for people to come see her perform it...she has NO core audience, NONE! artists like Tank, who is projected to sell more than her, don't have big commercial success, but they have an RnB crowd that will go out and see them perform...I can't tell you how many of these RnB singers who don't have big commercial success perform to a full house night after night at places like House of Blues etc...it's not exactly an arena, but they do it consistently and they have a devoted audience...there is always an RnB singer performing somewhere in NYC...Ciara first needs an audience before she can bank on touring...I like Ciara and I think she has potential, but she and her people need to cut the bullshit...either she and everyone around her are just fuckin lazy, or they are living a delusional existence if they think Ciara's record sales doesn't matter...it matters because she is a commercial artist

You can say that shit again. I go to those concerts all the time and they have some devoted fans..

Which brings them a steady check because they damn sure don't get it from album sales...

except that she is not one of those artist who can just tour all the damn time...

She can't tour PERIOD because NOBODY seems to give a shit about her.

I love her to death but she can't be so stupid and arrogant, even if she's just putting up a front for the press. Some honesty and humility wouldn't kill her and maybe some PERSPECTIVE would help her learn how to work hard to actually sell albums so she can receive a Plastic certification.

Ciara's problem is she reached her talent peak with probally "Promise", and she doesn't understand what it means to make a good song. All her songs sound the same, her image is the same, and she doesn't have a point of view.

I completely disagree. Her music is excellent and up-to-date with current hip-hop/R&B trends. Goodes-->The Evolution was sort of a retread, but Fantasy Ride and Basic Instinct don't resemble her earlier Crunk&B sound in the least.

Basic Instinct is much better than Loud, Teenage Dream and Pink Friday but it's about more than just the music. Nobody knows who she is anymore. She's a fixture of 2005. She has to promote like she's a new act every time she puts something out if she wants to get any attention at all.

I completely disagree. Her music is excellent and up-to-date with current hip-hop/R&B trends. Goodes-->The Evolution was sort of a retread, but Fantasy Ride and Basic Instinct don't resemble her earlier Crunk&B sound in the least.

Basic Instinct is much better than Loud, Teenage Dream and Pink Friday but it's about more than just the music. Nobody knows who she is anymore. She's a fixture of 2005. She has to promote like she's a new act every time she puts something out if she wants to get any attention at all.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

You're bout to set off a RIOT

Uh Uh!! The only thing she has right now is that she can dance and she hasn't really leveraged that a lot to keep people interested. But other than that, her music is mediocre and though catchy at times, really unremarkable, she has not identify, she sure hell ain't established. If that was true, her first week sales woulda been more reasonable.

Also I don't even like Loud but I think that was better than Basic Instinct.

As Tyra would say, Ciara's like those Top Model chicks who are doing "edgy" and big moves in their heads, but in reality they clearly aren't. And once they see they aren't getting great feedback, they go back to week one (debut album in her case). After the second album, the only big difference she did was doing a cabaret routine and a sex song while for the most part she just basically stuck only her big toe in the pop sound pool. Since she's recording a new album next summer, she really need to evaluate herself and do a complete makeover from her PR team to management to choreography (the only thing that's been great for her is her stylist team). Fanka and I already solved that her label is basically making her rush out these albums so they won't have to pay her to leave, so she should just got all out and do something completely different and unexpected...she really has nothing to lose. If she's not successful, then she should fill commit to being a model. They should have milked The Evolution album a lil bit more, because she was done after "Luke A Boy" was released.

Eli is trying to cause a commotion. :lol:

I listened to the snippets of Basically Extinct, and the album is just not good. "Ride" and "Wants For Dinner" are the only two tracks that are remotely decent. The rest sound like unfinished demos and home made songs by an amateur producer. The problem with Ciara is that she was doomed from the start. There was no way ppl were gonna continue to like her once crunk 'n B (whatever that is) was no longer pop. That's all we used her for. Her music is just plain repetitive. And it's garbage on top of that. Not to mention, she has other problems hindering her success. She needs to change her style, if not she'll be a distant memory by the end of next year.

Also, Eli, you can't set your standards too high when it comes to the lesser girls i.e. Ciara, Rihanna, Nicki, etc

And dis bitch is already working on a new album? :mellow:

Eli is trying to cause a commotion. :lol:

I listened to the snippets of Basically Extinct, and the album is just not good. "Ride" and "Wants For Dinner" are the only two tracks that are remotely decent. The rest sound like unfinished demos and home made songs by an amateur producer. The problem with Ciara is that she was doomed from the start. There was no way ppl were gonna continue to like her once crunk 'n B (whatever that is) was no longer pop. That's all we used her for. Her music is just plain repetitive. And it's garbage on top of that. Not to mention, she has other problems hindering her success. She needs to change her style, if not she'll be a distant memory by the end of next year.

Also, Eli, you can't set your standards too high when it comes to the lesser girls i.e. Ciara, Rihanna, Nicki, etc

And dis bitch is already working on a new album? :mellow:

And the KICKER is she's working closely with the producer of Gimme Dat for the new album...so there wont be much of a change :lmao::lmao:

If she wasn't a flop, you guys wouldn't be saying that. :rolleyes: Blauw, I Run It, Turn It Up, Speechless, Ride, Gimme Dat > Loud.

Rihanna is better than her though. Loud is just a disappointment.

Now sis

beir86.gif

I'm all for cheering on the underdog but you know damn well that Ciara's music is late as hell.

TBH, Rihanna's 'Man Down' song single handily shits on Ciara's discography. But 'Promise' and '1,2 Step' was cute!