Will Smith Vs Queen Latifah

jarrylf

OK this works more, they both are Academy Award nominated actors, and both starred in their own sitcom, and multiple grammy winning rappers. But if they had to stick to 1 lane which would you pick for which lane

My pick would be Queenie would stick to rapping, because as much as she's shown she can be a GREAT dramatic actress in certain movies, theres alot of comedy movies (most of which I honestly enjoy) where she's basically playing the same character (including Kadijah on Living Single). And I think she should stick to music because she's shown more versatility and style and growth musically than I think Will has

I think Will should stick to acting ONLY because he's shown more versatility and progress over the years, and he seems to be getting better and better, not to say Latifah isnt, but its more obvious on Will. There are times nowdays where I honestly forget about his music, I mean to me his stuff post 1993 isnt that great, I enjoy it but....yea, I mostly play his 80's stuff

I agree with you entirely except for one bit. I do want Latifah to double acting and rapping. I really think she could do it. Also, for her really, to stick to the dramatic roles. I love her comedies, she is absolutely hilarious, but her dynamic roles are just that. Dynamic. I say she should double-up and Will should stick to acting. Let Willow take his music career :whistle:

I agree with you entirely except for one bit. I do want Latifah to double acting and rapping. I really think she could do it. Also, for her really, to stick to the dramatic roles. I love her comedies, she is absolutely hilarious, but her dynamic roles are just that. Dynamic. I say she should double-up and Will should stick to acting. Let Willow take his music career :whistle:

WE ARE SOOO TWINS, where is the movie where she & Will co star as cops, or sister & brother, or a couple. They need to do somethin together hell both of her episodes/characters on Fresh Prince crack me UP lol, especially when they were at the dance and they both had chopsticks in they noses and flew across the room to each other lol, LOVE that. And ya her dramatic roles are GREATT, she's such a underated dramatic actress, because the bulk of her characters/roles are comedy and all very similar (I love em most time, but I cant deny lol) but I think she has what it takes to be a great actress too. Hell her role in the HBO movie Life Support was GOOOD, and I dont even know 5 people who saw it.

And yea like you, I would be ok if both just announced their retirement from music to focus on movies, BUT what does give Latifah the edge in music and the longer career, is the bitch can sing too, in her golden girl years she can still be puttin out albums singin jazz & the blues and be taken seriously, aint nobody gon take 70yr old Will seriously doin Parents Just Dont Understand & Gettin Jiggy Wit it lol.

Yea this 1's been on my mind for a while. Hell the fact that my Latifah is making "The Cookout 2"..............bitch get yo ass back in the fuckin studio......stop playin.

For real, why would they make a sequel to that garbage, the 1st was a major flop and got HORRRIBlE (well desserved) reviews....so you feel the need to make a part 2? Hell if they can make a sequel about that horrible ass movie how about Pootie Tang 2 (I actually like that lol). Chille jus go make a Black Reign album part 2. Hell I'd be happ if she did a Set it off prequel lol, what made Cleo who she was?

queen is one of my all time fav rappers. All Hail The Queen , Black Reign, Nature Of A Sista and Order In The court are freaking amazing.

Even though i like Queen's movies the best Will gets my vote for actor because of the range of his movies

Back to who i am here for

queen is one of my all time fav rappers. All Hail The Queen , Black Reign, Nature Of A Sista and Order In The court are freaking amazing.

Even though i like Queen's movies the best Will gets my vote for actor because of the range of his movies

Back to who i am here for

I prefer Queen Latifahs movies but Will has more variety.

Music wise...I dunno. Wills music was always more 'pop' whereas I get the impression that Queen Latifah seems to be quite revered in the 'hip hop' community.

Yea Will's music has always had more crossover appeal than Latifah's, like overally they both were, but Latifah's stuff is WAYYY more urban with her music & videos, but she does venture into more genres than him (and her jazz albums were actually bigger in the white crowds than black crowds) so its hard to say for both. But like I said thats the edge in music Latifah has over Will, not only can she rap but she can sing too, so she could hang in more areas, just less with pop.

I loved Latifahs last two albums. Georgia Rose :wub:

Oh I do too, I like that she does really go soft on the jazz albums, because her image as a rapper was so tuff (not necessarily rough or anything like that) but with her singing she's real smooth, hell she's covergirl when she sings, and she's Cleo when she raps lol.

Yea I was just thinking about too, as far as movies, Will's more likely to get a Academy Award than Latifah, I think Latifah with the right role CANNNN (hell if MoNique can you know Queenie can) but she does sooooooo much of the "light hearted comedy"......idk. But Will already got 2 noms on his belt.

Archived