'Gay' penguins split as one mates with female

bu.

_57286122_013303120-1.jpg

Toronto's so-called gay penguins, Buddy and Pedro, have officially split, say zoo keepers, after one of them found a female mate.

They were separated last month by zoo officials who said they needed to reproduce because African penguins are an endangered species.

Buddy has now paired with a female, but Pedro has yet to get lucky, though it is not said to be for lack of trying.

Buddy and Pedro shared a nest for about one year after arriving at the zoo.

Videos of the pair became hugely popular on the internet.

Tom Mason, Toronto Zoo's curator of birds and invertebrates, told a news conference on Monday that less than three days after Buddy and Pedro's "bromance" was ended, the former successfully paired with a female, Farai, on 19 November.

Pedro has been chasing another female, Thandiwey, for several weeks, although she has so far shown little interest.

Mr Mason said Buddy and Pedro's relationship had been social, not sexual, and that both would probably end up settling with females.

Buddy, 21, had a female partner for a decade and produced chicks.

But Pedro, 10, has yet to produce any offspring.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16153511

:lmao:! I just read another story about a gay penguin couple adopting a baby penguin :lol:!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

My soul can't take this this morning.. :lmao:

But it's interesting that they socially shared a nest together..biologically of course, they can't have kids..I think it's just instinctual that the male wanted the female to just breed..

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

My soul can't take this this morning.. :lmao:

But it's interesting that they socially shared a nest together..biologically of course, they can't have kids..I think it's just instinctual that the male wanted the female to just breed..

:lmao:! I think it was too haha. Penguins are hilarious.

What in the world? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I like the females' names, though. Especially the first :wub:

:lol:! Farai is an awesome name!

:lmao: I swear this made me have a flashback to when I took Biology in high school. In one of the videos we saw, two underwater creatures were "fighting"...well one was fighting. Supposedly the other one was gay and was getting off to the physical contact. :lmao:

*death*!!! :lmao:! Thats hilarious!

:lmao: I swear this made me have a flashback to when I took Biology in high school. In one of the videos we saw, two underwater creatures were "fighting"...well one was fighting. Supposedly the other one was gay and was getting off to the physical contact. :lmao:

Slain in the spirit of Janhova! :lmao::lmao:

We all (including the teacher) busted out laughing when the narrator of the film said that. :lmao:

Lawd, I would have died laughing.. :lmao: Interestingly, birds are the most loyal creatures to having lifelong partners..and dolphins are like humans..they love to have sex for the pleasure of it and it doesn't have to do with keeping the species alive..and dolphins have gay relationships too.. :lmao:

Lawd, I would have died laughing.. :lmao: Interestingly, birds are the most loyal creatures to having lifelong partners..and dolphins are like humans..they love to have sex for the pleasure of it and it doesn't have to do with keeping the species alive..and dolphins have gay relationships too.. :lmao:

That reminds me of Glee when Brittany randomly told Santana that dolphins were gay sharks. :lmao:

Archived