The Official "Award Season" thread: GAME OF THRONES MAKES HISTORY AT EMMYS 2019

hotboy06

And your reason for this is what? Brad deserves one, too. They will both be tremendous actors at the end of the day, with or without the award, but I would love to see them get at least one each.

Exactly, thank you. Maybe he will get it for his next role as Jay Gatsby in "The Great Gatsby". I read the book, and if the script is written correctly, I know he will play a perfect Jay.

It's politics really, problem is the same folks win over and over Merryl Streep will win again, yet think about all those other great actresses that will not get noticed, I think at some point they should limit who gets awards I mean giving Streep an Oscar is a given, give her a special one and be done with her.

what movie roles did he do that made him so great? Denzel in "Training Day was great, Tom Hanks in "Streets of Philadelphia" and "Forrest Gump" were greats

:umm:

Inception

Shutter Island

Blood Diamond

Even that floating to the bottom of the sea scene in Titanic was great tbqfh :filenails:

35850yw.gif @ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 shut out of the big categories. It was one of the best rated films of 2011. Wtf happened? Alan Rickman should have definitely gotten a nomination.

How did Ryan Gosling not get nominated for Drive? His performance was fantastic.

:sigh:

35850yw.gif @ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 shut out of the big categories. It was one of the best rated films of 2011. Wtf happened? Alan Rickman should have definitely gotten a nomination.

How did Ryan Gosling not get nominated for Drive? His performance was fantastic.

:sigh:

Ryan deserved it for drive far more than brad did for Moneyball I am sorry

SAG AWARD WINNERS:

Best Cast, Motion Picture The Help

Best Actress, Motion Picture Viola Davis, The Help

Best Actor, Motion Picture Jean Dujardin, The Artist

Best Cast, TV Drama Boardwalk Empire

Best Actor, TV Drama Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire

Best Actress, TV Drama Jessica Lange, American Horror Story

Best Actor, Miniseries or TV Movie Paul Giamatti, Too Big to Fail

Best Actress, Miniseries or TV Movie Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce

Best Cast, TV Comedy Modern Family

Best Actress, TV Comedy Betty White, Hot in Cleveland

Best Actor, TV Comedy Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock

Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture Octavia Spencer, The Help

Best Supporting Actor, Motion Picture Christopher Plummer, Beginners

I was shocked to see Jean Dujardin win over George Clooney for best actor. It seems like the three toss up categories at the Oscars are Best Actor, Best Picture, and Best Actress. Viola Davis winning over Meryl Streep wasn't that big of a surprise to me though. She won the Critics Choice Award and Meryl won the GG. I think the SAG win put Viola in a better position to win the Oscar.

Octavia Spencer and Christopher Plummer have been sweeping the awards season. I'm sure they are locks for their respective categories.

^ I agree, hots. Viola could easily walk away with the Oscar now. I still think George will take Best Actor.

:blush:I love it I love it I love it when you agree.. :shifty:

I still think it's a toss up with the Best Actor category. Jean won the CCA and the SAG. George won the GG. It's gonna be a tight race now. And I think "The Artist" is gonna take Best Picture.

she really made the show. B)

i wonder if she'll be back for season 2 and what character she'll play :excited: cause it probs won't be constance :umm: .

:cheers:

I thought she will continue to be Constance.. :unsure: I mean they set it up for more of her with that killer grandchild she got.. :shifty::asham:

:cheers:

I thought she will continue to be Constance.. :unsure: I mean they set it up for more of her with that killer grandchild she got.. :shifty::asham:

ryan said that some actors would be back but playing different characters. :sigh:

let's start a petition to keep constance. :excited::lol: