Lil Kim's new album will be called...*Drum Roll*

King Baby

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of good music, don't blame me, blame the ones in the top 10 on billboard..

No one is saying they have to be in the top 10 ..Hell,I dont even fuck with the top 10-ner's (Kesha,Katy,etc) ..but I dont completely ignore the new skool because alot of them ARE indeed talented and artistry does NOT stop running in the veins of ppl just because we're in a NEW decade. I actually know old ppl who look at me crazy for giving Janet "throne title". To them she's just "a Jackson" and nothing more because they grew up in a time when the Aretha's,Marvin's and Diana's was out.So they look at those artists as true LEGENDS/ICONS. So the same way we argue Janet is a legend/icon to US and our generation...the new kids have their same right.

The bitch is bad

I actually have a rapper friend who is #teamkim and str8 up told me "Nicki is NOT talented at all"

I was done with the conversation because I cant even take shit like that seriously...ppl can NEVER put aside their biased opinions for the sake of giving an actual critique that isnt driven with a spineless hate for an artists.

No one is saying they have to be in the top 10 ..Hell,I dont even fuck with the top 10-ner's (Kesha,Katy,etc) ..but I dont completely ignore the new skool because alot of them ARE indeed talented and artistry does NOT stop running in the veins of ppl just because we're in a NEW decade. I actually know old ppl who look at me crazy for giving Janet "throne title". To them she's just "a Jackson" and nothing more because they grew up in a time when the Aretha's,Marvin's and Diana's was out.So they look at those artists as true LEGENDS/ICONS. So the same way we argue Janet is a legend/icon to US and our generation...the new kids have their same right.

good for them.

I actually have a rapper friend who is #teamkim and str8 up told me "Nicki is NOT talented at all"

I was done with the conversation because I cant even take shit like that seriously...ppl can NEVER put aside their biased opinions for the sake of giving an actual critique that isnt driven with a spineless hate for an artists.

Nicki stole "Monster" from greats like Jay Z and Kanye West and went toe to toe with Eminem on "Roman's Revenge". The girl is BAD. :coffee:

Your favs could never... :coffee:

Did anybody listen to Kim on hot 97 today? I missed most of it, but caught the end with her talking about Nicki (She didn't go on the show just to talk about Minaj...as some of ya'll might think :rolleyes: )

Anyway, from what I heard... and this is VERY paraphrased

- Kim saw Nicki coming up in the industry, and saw that Nicki was doing similar things that she had done in the past. Kim saw this as an opportunity for herself...even though Nicki had been throwing subliminal shade (and at times blatant shade) at her and other females in the industry, she knew it would be good business and good look for herself AND Nicki if they worked together.

- They collaborated on a track, and when it leaked on the net, everyone said Kim murdered the track and Nicki. Nicki's team got nervous and either stopped the track or removed Kim from it (I'm not clear on that). Kim felt used and shaded...and that's what really started the whole thing (from what I gathered)

- Kim also spoke of Nicki shading her at some event, or something like that...and she didn't like how Nicki handle the situation.

- She said something to the effect of Nicki has been showing herself as one thing to the media (looking for sympathy in this situation), but is acting a whole other way behind the scenes.

Anyway..VERY paraphrased, and I'm sure it'll be on Youtube shortly, lol...but that's what I got from the portion of the show I heard.

Don't get me wrong: Back in the day? Li'l Kim was that bitch. Crush On You, Ladies Night, Get Money, Lighters Up, etc. etc. etc.

But you're right: Blakc Friday is a very tired track. Kim wasn't even trying with that poorly-produced, last-minute jawn.

:whistle:

Back in the day.. Yea.. But she's stuck in the 90s and she didn't sell THAT well.. And she didn't do Nicki's first week tho nicki dropped off the week after

Nicki stole "Monster" from greats like Jay Z and Kanye West and went toe to toe with Eminem on "Roman's Revenge". The girl is BAD. :coffee:

Your favs could never... :coffee:

But her whole entire album doesn't get me hype like her verse on "Monster." Which makes me think that Nicki only works as a feature artist.

But her whole entire album doesn't get me hype like her verse on "Monster." Which makes me think that Nicki only works as a feature artist.

So we meet again and you have come to slay me? :coffee:

Well anyways...you sexy S.O.B., Nicki's album seems to lack something. It seems to be a hallow shell. Kim, Eve and Missy's albums all seemed to be fuller.

I don't know if that makes any sense but its how I feel and it can't be taken away from me. :shifty:

its hip hop, it doesnt have to be over produced like romans revenge though i like it, black friday is str8 and to the point

But the problem is it lacks heart,energy,enthusiasm and power..and overall just that FIYAAAA that diss tracks are suppose to consist of. I've never heard such a bland ass diss record in my life. The lyrics were there but she wasnt present.