Christmas Movies!!!

jarrylf

Just finished watching Home Alone 1 & 2, nothing takes me back to my single digit ages faster than those 1st 2 (well I liked 3 too as a kid, and can still watch it now despite it being a total let down from the franchise). I'm pretty confident I've seen Home Alone 1 every single year of my life since 1993 (thats as far back as I can remember, and when I 1st got the VHS of it, I didn't see part 2 till I got older and I never owned it till like 4 yrs ago)

Reading up, apparently there was supposed to be a real Home Alone 3 that was supposed to take place with Mac as Kevin as a teenager. But Mac quit acting after he agreed to it.....and wouldn't agree to any price :( Can't help but feel sad for the other actors. They should've just killed the franchise after that and have 3 be called something else and 4&5 just never should've existed period. Like I said tho I only tolerate 3 cause I grew up with it. Its like the bastard child I grew to love, minus the love

So what do you guys think of them making an A Christmas Story sequel...30 years after the 1st and with NONE of the original cast but the original characters?

I dont like it, I don't like it at all. Why not make it something else, like they should've done with Home Alone 3-5, why does anyone make a sequel with new characters? Nobody wanna see that. The sad thing is apparently this movie isn't HORRRIBLE according to the reviews, but its a total let down from the original in every way, it shouldnt've ever even been considered without any original cast

So what do you guys think of them making an A Christmas Story sequel...30 years after the 1st and with NONE of the original cast but the original characters?

I dont like it, I don't like it at all. Why not make it something else, like they should've done with Home Alone 3-5, why does anyone make a sequel with new characters? Nobody wanna see that. The sad thing is apparently this movie isn't HORRRIBLE according to the reviews, but its a total let down from the original in every way, it shouldnt've ever even been considered without any original cast

I have seen the previews and it looks stupid

Ernest Saves Christmas, Pooh and Christmas Too, The Grinch (animated), Home Alone 2, The Preacher's Wife, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Rudolph, and although it's not a full-length movie Tom & Jerry's "Night Before Christmas" short is my favorite one. cool.gif

Also another one I loved was Diva's Christmas Carol with Vanessa Williams and Chilli of TLC :lol:

And Fantasia, while not a Christmas film, is one of the best films to watch around this time of year IMO. ^_^

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

After all this time the night before X-Mas is when i'm finally seeing the classic "A Christmas Story" on tv. I've been looking for it this whole month. I saw a bit of Vanessa Williams "A Diva Christmas Carol" but the whole movie was so bad I couldn't sit through it all lol

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...