'Precious' Star Mo'Nique Sues Landlord My House Smells Like Dog Crap

janetDAYZ

Academy Award-winning "Precious" actress Mo'Nique is suing her landlords in Georgia -- demanding she be let out of her $22,000-a-month rental contract ...because her house smells like dog feces.

Mo'Nique filed the papers in Fulton County in response to her landlords' lawsuit -- which claims the actress bailed on her two-year lease agreement, signed in March, and owes $370,000 in unpaid rent and other charges.

But Mo says it's all crap ... literally ... insisting there's a damn good reason she's walking out on the rental contract -- the house stinks of dog feces, wet dog, and urine (of unknown origin) ... not to mention an overflowing septic tank.

But it doesn't end there -- according to Mo'Nique, the house also had a bad mold problem and the security gate was busted.

Mo'Nique claims she struck a verbal agreement with the landlords, allowing her to renege on her contract with 60 days notice because of all the problems -- but Mo' claims her landlords aren't living up to their word.

It's unclear if Mo'Nique has since moved out. Calls to both sides have not been returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/30/monique-landlord-lawsuit-dog-crap/?adid=interactive_one#.Tv9fFsjarMA

The only excuse I can see for her renting is that she's building a house from the ground up and is not planning on staying there for the long term.

If that's the case why does it have to cost you $22,000 a month...I'm sure D.Wade don't pay that much for our building

Maybe she had planned on laying roots there, but wanted to see what would happen with her show. Now that its cancelled she wants out. A lot of celebs rent when they only plan on staying short term. MJ was renting when he died.

It kinda makes sense if you don't or can't buy it but wanna live it you know. :filenails:

It kinda makes sense if you don't or can't buy it but wanna live it you know. :filenails:

Its very common. Plus, Monique has money, but i doubt she can afford multiple homes in multiple states. She's not balling out of control on that level yet. But if her show had worked out, I'm sure she would have purchased something down there. She needs to get back to hollywood and find some work before her oscar buzz wears off.

By the way, Happy new year Bailey. :blush:

Its very common. Plus, Monique has money, but i doubt she can afford multiple homes in multiple states. She's not balling out of control on that level yet. But if her show had worked out, I'm sure she would have purchased something down there. She needs to get back to hollywood and find some work before her oscar buzz wears off.

By the way, Happy new year Bailey. :blush:

awww thank you boo Happy New year to you :cheers:

Maybe she had planned on laying roots there, but wanted to see what would happen with her show. Now that its cancelled she wants out. A lot of celebs rent when they only plan on staying short term. MJ was renting when he died.

I thought that was because he didnt really have the money to PURCHASE a new home at the time and the point of him doin the THIS IS IT concerts was to get money back into his pockets becuz he was eyeing this nice home in Beverly Hills,I believe and he was gonna call it Wonderland after he purchased it.

I thought that was because he didnt really have the money to PURCHASE a new home at the time and the point of him doin the THIS IS IT concerts was to get money back into his pockets becuz he was eyeing this nice home in Beverly Hills,I believe and he was gonna call it Wonderland after he purchased it.

hun-tay his dollars were kinda shaky, BUT if you pay attention to the Braxtons Toni don't own that shit she in neither, hell it makes sense, a hot spot on the block is available for you to stay in it, live in it, but you aint gotta drop 10 million on it. If you on the go and career on point hell you might not want one house you spent a shit load on, it may be cheaper to rent until the market makes it a "buy" just because something is for sale does not mean the price is right honey. :filenails:

hun-tay his dollars were kinda shaky, BUT if you pay attention to the Braxtons Toni don't own that shit she in neither, hell it makes sense, a hot spot on the block is available for you to stay in it, live in it, but you aint gotta drop 10 million on it. If you on the go and career on point hell you might not want one house you spent a shit load on, it may be cheaper to rent until the market makes it a "buy" just because something is for sale does not mean the price is right honey. :filenails:

Exactly!

You may pay 22, 000 a month, but if your lease is for two years that's still less than a million. If you don't like it, you can leave when the lease is up and not have to worry about selling the house or property taxes.

• Upvote 1

Oh Happy New Year Dayz :wave: