Is Britney toast sale-wise?!

janetDAYZ

We all have seen this era for Britney fell completely short of the Circus era. Terrible album sales (just a "singles" artist) this time around..the tour did well but not CIRCUS attendance.

Do you feel the public is OVER her. Has her star finally fallen? What do you think went wrong this time around?

She did. #1, Britney turned 30 this year, and like it or not.... even though she and Beyonce are young, they aren't music industry pop artist young like Rihanna and Katy Perry are. Though "Femme Fatale" is a waaaaaay better album than "Circus" as a whole, Britney had that comeback kid heat going on with "Circus." She was coherent and performing again after a stumbling through a messy era made messier by it being during her arguably best album ("Blackout"). She needed to give her fans and the haters more than she did this era as far as performing. Her promotional performances leading up to the album were sad and depressing. I saw the "Femme Fatale" tour live and LUVED it, but watching it at home, I saw why people were cracking on her. She hit all her moves but looked as dead as a drag queen who knows their words but doesnt feel the song. I couldn't even fight when my roomie cracked, "I thought everything looks better in HD..." Even she wants to become a generic dance artist, that's fine; I and some loyal fans will probably still buy. But if she wants to still tour and keep her legacy as a pop force, she has to do better. If it is her knee from her accident during "In the Zone"/ "Outrageous" era, she needs to let people know so they can feel sorry but still try to step it up from what she has been doing. If she's just not feeling it, leave it alone, guuurl. Learn to sing your whole concert live and reintroduce yourself as a cher....

She did. #1, Britney turned 30 this year, and like it or not.... even though she and Beyonce are young, they aren't music industry pop artist young like Rihanna and Katy Perry are. Though "Femme Fatale" is a waaaaaay better album than "Circus" as a whole, Britney had that comeback kid heat going on with "Circus." She was coherent and performing again after a stumbling through a messy era made messier by it being during her arguably best album ("Blackout"). She needed to give her fans and the haters more than she did this era as far as performing. Her promotional performances leading up to the album were sad and depressing. I saw the "Femme Fatale" tour live and LUVED it, but watching it at home, I saw why people were cracking on her. She hit all her moves but looked as dead as a drag queen who knows their words but doesnt feel the song. I couldn't even fight when my roomie cracked, "I thought everything looks better in HD..." Even she wants to become a generic dance artist, that's fine; I and some loyal fans will probably still buy. But if she wants to still tour and keep her legacy as a pop force, she has to do better. If it is her knee from her accident during "In the Zone"/ "Outrageous" era, she needs to let people know so they can feel sorry but still try to step it up from what she has been doing. If she's just not feeling it, leave it alone, guuurl. Learn to sing your whole concert live and reintroduce yourself as a cher....

Imma have to check this out. You all keep on ranting and raving about it.

Femme Fatale, in my opinion, sounds like a rave soundtrack, not an album.

I feel like if you hear the singles, like the singles, and purchase them, you don't need the album.

It's one of her more weaker efforts and I'm sure if she brings the heat next time and gives some variety, she'll outsell this album.

The critics ranted and raved too.

If she had been present in mind and spirit she could have promoted it properly and it would have done light years better.

The critics ranted and raved too.

If she had been present in mind and spirit she could have promoted it properly and it would have done light years better.

yeah. The singles sell because it's a Britney single but she doesn't seem interested enough to promote the albums.

It's more of a case of her label pushing her into releasing new music rather than her WANTING to actually do it. It has probably something to do with her finally having a balanced and happy personal life right now

She just need a long break. FF is a hot album, but she's not the performer she use to be so that played the biggest part of the era.

She wasn't much of a performer during the Circus era...so what does that matter? :lol: Her stans even claim she was a much better performer this era than last era. >_<

She needs to get herself together and get her drive back up. She can still be a force.

:yep:

She wasn't much of a performer during the Circus era...so what does that matter? :lol: Her stans even claim she was a much better performer this era than last era. >_<

Like DarkStormSC said she had the whole "Britney's making a comeback" heat during Circus so folks were blind to it. With this era, she was exposed for having a dance double in videos and dancing like she was doing a SNL skit of herself. Her stans are crazy. The FF music and videos were way better than the Circus era, but as a performer she was more stiff...okay to decent, but was more stiff.

I expected bigger numbers from a Britney album with three Top 10 singles, but I don't think FF is a flop. I'd say it's the perfect example of somebody in Rihanna's league.

And I think Blackout is overrated. Her best (and most adventurous) album is easily In The Zone.

I agree about "In the Zone." It's my favorite Brit album, but I loooooaaaaatthhhe "Brave New Girl." I don't think "Blackout" (my 2nd fave) has the high points "In the Zone" (which also has her most writing credits) has, but it's a consistently above average pop/dance album.

She needs to step it up a lot..... Like tons. But I wouldn't say she's "over. She'll always have fans who buy & support whatever new material she has jutt b/c she's "Britney". But if she wants to be a force like she once was, she's needs to be on her A-game. She already sells well even with her half-assing everything. Just think of how popular she could be if she actually cared.

:excited: :excited: I live for "Blackout" it gave my life and yes IMO it is her best album yet...now back to reading the rest :cheers:

OMG WE DID THE SAME THING...I didn't know you did that too....lol...I don't read responses until after I post, yes that is her best album, I'm trying to tell you, when I heard NPR do a review on a Britney Spears album and even gave it a great review, I knew then, her production was on point, much like RiRi is right now, sorry that album didn't get her, but they gave Britney some damn good tunes, "Break the Ice" "Heaven on Earth" was my fav and then I hear the review on NPR and the reviewer said "Heaven on Earth" is probably the best track on the album :excited: I could have died, I was like NPR? Britney? really! but I aint gone lie, ya'll do what ya do call me gay or whatever but I fucks wit Blackout damn dat, that album is still muh shit, "Toy Soldier" nigga what! :clapping:

Toy soldier is muh shit...."break me off....smash on da radio bet I pinned it....mmmmm break me off" YES!!! :clapping: :clapping:

my last comment concerning her performances, look people, we all know Britney is probably medicated, and they are giving her whatever she needs to keep her from being in the back of an ambulance again, she has two children and so much to live for and her fans love her, I think fan or not we should all want to see her as a person well and happy performing or not.

Its a dance pop album. If you like that kinda genra. Get Naked is a hot track.

WHEW SHIT.......UUUUUUGHHHHHHHH I WANNA CUM.....love that shit too :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

get naked get naked get naked....I just wanna take it off...get naked get naked...I be working my ass up and down on that part :asham:

I don't care what nobody think I bought all Britney albums back in the day before downloading, honey she got this black dick money trust, I loves me "You Drive Me Crazy" (Stop remix) and I bought "In the Zone" too I remember the Thanksgiving eve performances on ABC....yes I fucks wit Britney, the Ying Yang twins when fin to go to da club and get crunked wit Britney ..HEY! :lmao: ......"Outrageous" shiiiitttt that's my cut wit R Kelly....bitch get that shit...I dare anyone to not like "Outrageous" how could you not unless you a deaf mute :blink:

WHEW SHIT.......UUUUUUGHHHHHHHH I WANNA CUM.....love that shit too :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

get naked get naked get naked....I just wanna take it off...get naked get naked...I be working my ass up and down on that part :asham:

That & tou solider is prolly one of my fav tracks from that album. The whole album is a great workout mix lol

That & tou solider is prolly one of my fav tracks from that album. The whole album is a great workout mix lol

I love the shit outta that album but she got cuts on all her albums I fucks wit....that catchy ass tune "Womanizer" you can't tell me shit.... :filenails:

Archived